Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman (65513 Views)

BetNaija: Lukman Teriba Won ₦16.7M With ₦1,000 Gets Only ₦3M, Cries Out (Photo) / FIFA Confirms Super Eagles As Youngest Squad During 2018 W/cup Qualifiers / Daily Free Bet9ja Booking Codes From Baba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by toujurs: 2:52pm On Apr 25
shoodboi2:
This is a stain to Bet9ja. If the dude won a game, then he should be paid.

How is it possible that two original tickets were printed? That's funny and scammy. Bet9ja is only trying to not get involved even though it should.

This should be a red flag to those of you who bet. Better keep your money or find some more trustworthy platform.
See this one, a stain! It's only only a stain, but a cleaner on bet9ja.

Yoruba elderly men are known from drinking shekpe and playing lotto, even if bet9ja doesn't pay him, and make it clear they won't.

Yoruba's would still patronize the business, that's their final means for survival.
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Orobadmeat: 2:53pm On Apr 25
Bunkum angry angry angry
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Emeka71(m): 2:54pm On Apr 25
hitekk:
Nka mbe
The ticket number is not even correct.
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by obinna58(m): 2:54pm On Apr 25
idahme:

That's what they did, they entered into agreement with the winner and they agreed 3m. Why would the guy even contemplate settling for 3m ? If that's the final settlement then it's very poor.
Bet9ja gave him the money out of pity, its the agent that stole his money and dude wouldn’t even have gotten any money
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by emperorlaqrin: 2:55pm On Apr 25
Did you read all that was stated in the body of the news ?

Anyway your view was what I was insinuating should have happened also but after reading what transpired clearly this as nothing to do with KC gaming (bet9ja), they can only mediate because it’s there platform the agent committed the crime.

The problem here is why would the real ticket winner agree to a term of settlement and come back months later to start claiming a winning he already accepted a settlement on?

He had the discretion not to accept that terms of settlement but chose to accept it and now crying foul. Chichi him no go get again

shoodboi2:
This is a stain to Bet9ja. If the dude won a game, then he should be paid.

How is it possible that two original tickets were printed? That's funny and scammy. Bet9ja is only trying to not get involved even though it should.

This should be a red flag to those of you who bet. Better keep your money or find some more trustworthy platform.

7 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by emperorlaqrin: 2:55pm On Apr 25
olumaxi:
Swift damage control by bet9ja

How ?

Corruption had eaten deep into d hearts of many Nigerians
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by techychemist: 2:56pm On Apr 25
As they should. They ought to pay him since he won it fair and square

But, is what tinubu doing okay?
https://www.thehypenaija.com/tinubu-and-national-assembly-demand-urgent-judicial-reforms-to-address-delayed-justice-in-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by emperorlaqrin: 2:56pm On Apr 25
How

olumaxi:
Swift damage control by bet9ja

Corruption had eaten deep into d hearts of many Nigerians
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Bolu004(m): 2:58pm On Apr 25
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

This story nor clear

If na the cashier fault unto she connive with her boyfriend to play a fast one on the the owner of the ticket

Why bet9ja dey compensate the owner of the ticket with 3 million

Shebi the matter go dey between the cashier and the owner of the ticket...why the owner of ticket and bet9ja go dey reach agreement of 3million

Damn Niggar, your common sense should tell you Bet9ja's name and brand is at stake here. They have to quickly swing into action to maintain their integrity.

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by emperorlaqrin: 2:58pm On Apr 25
onadana:
N3m as full and final payment as against 16m see how they want to scam or have scam this guy they took advantage of his desperation.

Baba na that guy Dey desperate of money and he chose to accept it. He should be blamed for his actions while the real culprits should also face the consequences of their crime.

That guy no get any legal option to that money again

6 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by MasterTeeUSA: 2:58pm On Apr 25
Should never have settled for lesser amount, and the couple can be made to pay back the amount stolen. He was scammed twice. N3m instead of N16m...he definitely had a terrible lawyer. Lawyers in Nigeria...its just a profession with a legal way to scam because they connive with the parties you are suing - low degree of integrity for some of them.

OmihaniFARH:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/04/25/bet9ja-confirms-n3m-as-settlement-for-lukman
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Jogs1900: 2:58pm On Apr 25
idahme:

That's what they did, they entered into agreement with the winner and they agreed 3m. Why would the guy even contemplate settling for 3m ? If that's the final settlement then it's very poor.
I think the real owner acted on the advice they gave him...It's sad.Only God knows how much the guy would have spent on betting before eventually winning this ticket.
They even lured him sworn to an affidavit that will only protect the fraudsters
"That I have settled with the defendant amicably"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by NGArmyTerrorist: 2:59pm On Apr 25
Bet9ja don concoct stories grin Sorry for gamblers

3 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by obinna58(m): 2:59pm On Apr 25
TechBaron:
Na only you read and understand the story. The remaining commenters above you just follow the story as they heard it on Instagram.

Bet9ja are being dubious!

The punter too is greedy. Why did you accept the full and final settlement of 3m only to return months later to request the balance?

Bet9ja played a smart one on him by asking him to swear an affidavit agreeing to accept 3m as full and final.

If you are not sound on legal matters, always carry better lawyer gum body when going to all these corporate meetings that involve corporate organizations. Most of them, na thief dem be!

That I have settled with the defendant amicably,” said an affidavit dated September 10, 2023, and sworn by Lukman at the Chief Magistrate Court of Lagos shared with GAMING WEEK.

The affidavit suggested that the individual in question had previously resolved their issue with the defendant in an amicable manner after receiving payment. Although it did not expressly state N3 million, the affidavit confirmed he was paid in full without detailing how they reached an amicable agreement.
The agent got arrested and is definitely going to jail, Bet9ja only gave the guy 3m compensation, it’s left for the guy to follow up the case

2 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by victorazy(m): 2:59pm On Apr 25
FutureProfessor:
Some people are just too selfish and wicked.

Shey una dey blame white people for taking Africans captivity!

1 Like

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by delzbaba(m): 2:59pm On Apr 25
This kind of people will make all this yeye senators ban sport betting.

3 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Tijani009: 3:01pm On Apr 25
SmartyPants:
The cashier was an employee of the company so they are still liable for her fraud. That guy must receive his full payment!
Under contract of principal and agents, bet9ja is liable to pay in full
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by emperor4love(m): 3:01pm On Apr 25
Terrahawk:
I was a manager at a betting shop in the u.k. this is very easy to do by the cashier as you will be alerted of a huge win so as to prepare to pay the customer. You just have to copy the bet. Pass it to an accomplice to claim the winnings. Easy. Those of you that bet regularly should know. Betting is a fools game. You will always lose in the long run.
same way de come scan code lol
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Moschinochimma: 3:02pm On Apr 25
When village people dey monitor you..
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by obinna58(m): 3:03pm On Apr 25
emperorlaqrin:
Did you read all that was stated in the body of the news ?

Anyway your view was what I was insinuating should have happened also but after reading what transpired clearly this as nothing to do with KC gaming (bet9ja), they can only mediate because it’s there platform the agent committed the crime.

The problem here is why would the real ticket winner agree to a term of settlement and come back months later to start claiming a winning he already accepted a settlement on?

He had the discretion not to accept that terms of settlement but chose to accept it and now crying foul. Chichi him no go get again

You forgot Bet9ja gave him the 3m out of pity, they can chose to give him nothing
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Niok: 3:04pm On Apr 25
Light78:
Bet and wahala. Bet money no dey last. Once you win, use it to stock your house, buy clothes, perfumes and other household stuff.

Don't ever put it inside business or use it to run your business, else, them go collect everything back.
you mumu no be small
It all bores down to money management
Don't be a retard with that kind of mentality

2 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by emperorlaqrin: 3:04pm On Apr 25
You have said it all. I won’t have responded to some comments if I had seen this earlier but the only part I might not agree with you is that part you stated bet9ja are been dubious. My question is how ?

The facts of this mater as already been established which bet9js is not complicit to. In fact they tried to have entered that terms of settlement with the punter which I believed they did same just not to attract public attention on the said case which might taint there business negatively.

We all know most Nigerians only read headlines without trying to look at facts of a situation

TechBaron:
Na only you read and understand the story. The remaining commenters above you just follow the story as they heard it on Instagram.

Bet9ja are being dubious!

The punter too is greedy. Why did you accept the full and final settlement of 3m only to return months later to request the balance?

Bet9ja played a smart one on him by asking him to swear an affidavit agreeing to accept 3m as full and final.

If you are not sound on legal matters, always carry better lawyer gum body when going to all these corporate meetings that involve corporate organizations. Most of them, na thief dem be!

That I have settled with the defendant amicably,” said an affidavit dated September 10, 2023, and sworn by Lukman at the Chief Magistrate Court of Lagos shared with GAMING WEEK.

The affidavit suggested that the individual in question had previously resolved their issue with the defendant in an amicable manner after receiving payment. Although it did not expressly state N3 million, the affidavit confirmed he was paid in full without detailing how they reached an amicable agreement.
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by ARISHEM: 3:04pm On Apr 25
Story. Pay him his money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by oyeb15: 3:05pm On Apr 25
I don't know why people still bet at shops. I do mine on my Android and when I win, I transfer it to my account.

The issue of cashing out customer tickets is very common with bet9ja cashier and winner golden bet. When u place a high winning ticket, they will print out duplicate and be following ur games.
One of their agents at Ekiti cashed out a guys ticket last month before d punter lost d last game. When he went to another shop to confirm his games 2 days later, they told him the ticket has been cashed out 1.4 million.

I placed 5k on a single 35odds on sporty bet, I won but they wrote one grammar and return my 5k. I stopped using their platform that day

Government should re- regulate these betting companies

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by rollywise(m): 3:05pm On Apr 25
The guy should get a good lawyer and bet9ja will pay whether they like it or not. The girl is their staff. The system that was breached is theirs. Nothing concerns the customer. In fact they are shameless to even let this get out. Considering the millions they make per day they should have paid the customer off since while they go after their staff. All the guy needs is a good lawyer and bet9ja will pay even more

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by demoBaba: 3:05pm On Apr 25
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

This story nor clear

If na the cashier fault unto she connive with her boyfriend to play a fast one on the the owner of the ticket

Shebi the matter go dey between the cashier and the owner of the ticket...why the owner of ticket and bet9ja go dey reach agreement of 3million

Nah cashier and boyfriend settled him with 3m

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by emperorlaqrin: 3:06pm On Apr 25
obinna58:

You forgot Bet9ja gave him the 3m out of pity, they can chose to give him nothing

Exactly my point. Entering terms of settlement with the punter is just from there goodwill
Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by Themandator: 3:06pm On Apr 25
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

This story nor clear

The guy has nothing to do with the printer or cashier for she is an agent of bet9ja

They should pay him and then go after their agent .

Whatever the rep does is deemed to have be done by the bet9ja company in their behalf .

They only tried to play fast one on the guy and don't be surprised that some person within the establishment cashed out that money and shared it

3 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by waice6571: 3:06pm On Apr 25
SmartyPants:
The cashier was an employee of the company so they are still liable for her fraud. That guy must receive his full payment!

The company is truly liable for the act of their employee in this kind of situation. The company must pay the guy while they employ every legal means to recover their funds from their staff.

The lady and the boyfriend conspire to defraud the company. Unfortunately, the company took advantage of the situation to defraud the punter.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bet9ja Confirms N3m As Settlement For Lukman by JuanDeDios: 3:06pm On Apr 25
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

This story nor clear

Seriously?

Did he place a bet with Bet9Ja or with some girl? Bet9ja owed him N16million, not some casher.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Shows Off Customized Adidas Game Of Thrones Trainers (Photos) / McCrory: Anthony Joshua Has So Much Frailty Made Ordinary Fighter Look Dangerous / Kanu Nwankwo Wears Jersey Featuring All The Clubs He Played For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.