Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello (16342 Views)

Hafsat Ganduje Shuns EFCC Invitation Over Alleged Fraud Reported By Son / Christopher Orji Commits Suicide After EFCC Invitation / Gunmen Attack: Resort To Violence Cannot Save You- PDP Tells Yahaya Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by NairaOcean: 10:35am On Apr 26
Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, the lawmaker representing Kogi Central senatorial district has urged the former Governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello to honour the invitation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) regarding an alleged N80.2 billion alleged fraud.

The senator lauded efforts by the EFCC to apprehend and prosecute Bello over the alleged fraud committed while in office as governor.

She also commended the EFCC Chairman, Ola Olukoyede, for ceding 14 properties that were initially forfeited to the Nigerian Government to the government and people of Enugu State, according to a statement from Arogbonlo Israel, Chief Press Secretary to Senator Akpoti-Uduaghan, on Friday.

However, Senator Akpoti-Uduaghan emphasised the need for the EFCC to investigate other corrupt public officials to avoid the impression that their actions against Bello were merely a witch-hunt.

She expressed surprise at Bello's excuse for not attending the EFCC's invitation.

The EFCC Chairman had claimed that when he invited Bello to his office for questioning, the former Kogi governor told him that a senator (name withheld) had allegedly gathered journalists to humiliate him anytime he was at the agency's office in Abuja for interrogation.

“I called Yahaya Bello, as a serving governor, to come to my office to clear himself. I shouldn’t have done that. But he said because a certain senator had planted over 100 journalists in my office, he would not come.

“I told him that he would be allowed to use my private gate to give him a cover, but he said my men should come to his village to interrogate him,”
Olukoyede was quoted as saying.

Reacting, Natasha reminded Bello of the importance of respecting Nigeria's laws and constitution, given his former position as the chief security officer of Kogi.

She said, "I was surprised to hear that Yahaya Bello evaded the invitation from the EFCC, despite having served as Kogi's former chief security officer.

“As a former governor, he should understand the importance of respecting Nigeria's laws and constitution.

"It's a well-known fact that ‘he who comes into equity must come with clean hands’. As such, I advise him to honour the invitation and clear his name while he still has the chance.

"I'd also like to take this moment to appreciate the diligence of the EFCC in handling the case so far.

“No Nigerian is above the law, and therefore the agency must see this case through to the end if they are to gain the trust of both Nigerians and the international community in the fight against corruption.”

https://saharareporters.com/2024/04/26/alleged-n802billion-fraud-honour-efcc-invitation-while-you-have-chance-senator-natasha

16 Likes

Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by Dedeity: 10:41am On Apr 26
Bello the reckless thief. Imagine paying a humongous amount of close to 1billion naira for his children's school fees in advance from the govt purse. He needs to go to prison and spend some years there but Nigeria is a corrupt country where big thieves go free while smaller thieves go to prison.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by SoNature(m): 11:02am On Apr 26
That lady is soo beautiful. She should be the finest female politician in Nigeria's history. On the other hand, Bello is so ugly with a flat nose. I wonder what he would have looked like if hadn't made money. cheesy

On a serious note, nothing can stop Bello from going to jail. The incriminating evidence against him is overwhelming. Alternatively, he should get him lawyers to ask for out-of-court settlement or plea bargaining. Calling EFCC an illegitimate agency won't save him.

34 Likes

Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by ChizzyBuna(m): 11:15am On Apr 26
Natasha My Sugar Mummy Crush kiss

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by sofeo(m): 11:15am On Apr 26
Alright
Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by Kelklein(m): 11:16am On Apr 26
Nigerian politicians only want that aspect of the law that give them access to Public Funds in trust for the people... they don't want the part where they have to be accountable for those funds..

Greèdy and wícked lots 🤔

11 Likes

Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by Fiscus105(m): 11:16am On Apr 26
Abi ooooo, Nigerians now leave criminal and start attacking institution that performing her function.

Nigeria a country of evil and hypocrites.

6 Likes

Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by Joshintua(m): 11:18am On Apr 26
Political enemies
Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by Judolisco(m): 11:18am On Apr 26
Dat man fit Don run comut country o... How u go steal money pay your children sch fees... Now I knw why most lawmakers children turn out to be drug addicts and useless children... angry
From d letter yahaya bello sent excess money so dat he can go back to d sch later to claim the money.... Can u guys jst imagine

17 Likes

Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 11:19am On Apr 26
This woman is Yahya bello worst nightmare she no dey gree grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by Chukkychukky(m): 11:19am On Apr 26
Natasha my dream is to have one night stand with u grin tongue

7 Likes

Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by tiswell(m): 11:20am On Apr 26
Natasha is now having a loud laughter😂

I laugh with you my distinguished senator

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by Naira20: 11:20am On Apr 26
This one go sweet Natasha

5 Likes

Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by mytime24(f): 11:20am On Apr 26
Natasha don bcum saint overnight

1 Like

Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by Tetrahedron: 11:20am On Apr 26
Yahya ole!!!

Ajibole ole!!!

Barawo!!!

12 Likes

Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by GENES11S: 11:21am On Apr 26
How can Nigeria fight corruption when many of the law makers themselves are corrupt?

For Bello, his time will surely come.
Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by omoredia: 11:22am On Apr 26
Nigeria produces enough oil to generate more than enough FX, but the looting under this Tinubu govt is now just too much.

When theives and terrorists come together to form a party, what were Nigerians expecting?

1 Like

Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by SALLYBERRY01(m): 11:23am On Apr 26
Hold yah yah neck
Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by Hezzyluv: 11:24am On Apr 26
See Yahaya Bello with balls na "that EFCC Chairman should send his men to him for questioning." grin

Now even Usain Bolt no Sabi run reach Yahaya Bello sef.

2 Likes

Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by Successlane: 11:24am On Apr 26
mm
Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by SALLYBERRY01(m): 11:24am On Apr 26
Hold his neck
Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by selleniza: 11:25am On Apr 26
Yahaya Bello knows APC is trying to use him to make pepper soup.

1 Like

Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by stunnert(m): 11:27am On Apr 26
They all have skeletons in their closets
Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by Mjshexy(f): 11:28am On Apr 26
My aunt has spoken well, there's no hiding place for him

1 Like

Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by AustineE1: 11:31am On Apr 26
He is still watering the ground and speaking to Some corrupt powerful people that matters,when he is done,he will honour the EFCC invitation and there will be a semblance of interogation from EFCC and he will be granted bail and case lingers on for couple of years and dies a natural death.He can then go to Ibiza on holiday with his side chicks and celebrate his victory over the contraption called Nigeria....its a pity,thats the way things are in this part of the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by olisaEze(m): 11:31am On Apr 26
SoNature:
That lady is soo beautiful. She should be the finest female politician in Nigeria's history. On the other hand, Bello is so ugly with a flat nose. I wonder what he would have looked like if hadn't made money. cheesy

On a serious note, nothing can stop Bello from going to jail. The incriminating evidence against him is overwhelming. Alternatively, he should get him lawyers to ask for out-of-court settlement or plea bargaining. Calling EFCC an illegitimate agency won't save him.

Maryam Babangida, Maryam Abacha, Deziani Allison, Daisy Danjuma, Bianca Ojukwu, Stella Oduah, Amina Mohammed, Grace Folashade-Bent. Remove the MaryKay, she dey learn work where any of these ladies dey, historically speaking. cool

4 Likes

Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by SoNature(m): 11:35am On Apr 26
olisaEze:

Maryam Babangida, Maryam Abacha, Deziani Allison, Daisy Danjuma, Bianca Ojukwu, Stella Oduah, Amina Mohammed, Grace Folashade-Bent. Remove the MaryKay, she dey learn work where any of these ladies dey, historically speaking. cool

Most of the names who made your list were no politicians. A politician is someone who goes about asking for people's votes, not an appointee (technocrat) who has been called to serve.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by Azazyel: 11:37am On Apr 26
That senator is Dino melaye grin this Bello should stop running and come clean. White lion don turn red chicken. I remember when Bello destroyed some major roads just to prevent Akpoti Natasha from doing anything tangible during the last election. He would definitely face the music

3 Likes

Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by Mrchippychappy(m): 11:40am On Apr 26
grin

Make untouchable honour EFCC? U get sense so?
Re: Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello by 99thEnemy(m): 11:44am On Apr 26
Natasha Apkoti yan yan. grin

(1) (2)

Tony Anenih Rumoured To Be Dead / Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor / Fani-kayode Left Us Because There Was No Room For Him –tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.