Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 (2169 Views)

South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense / Statisense: Top 5 Nigerian States With The Most Business Enterprise In 2020 / Statisense: Top Seven (7) State IGR Data For 2021 Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by LegendHero(m): 12:29pm On Apr 26
DIRECTORS OF THE TOP 10 MOVIES/SERIES WATCHED BY NIGERIANS ON NETFLIX — Q1 2024

1 Kunle Afolayan [Aníkúlápó]
2 Adeniyi Omobulejo [Olóládé]
3 Editi Effiong [The Black Book]
4 Adeoluwa Owu [Adire]
5 Dimbo Atiya [War: Wrath & Revenge]
6 Moses Inwang [Blood Vessel]
7 Kayode Kasum [One Too Many]
8 Jay F. Jituboh [Dinner]
9 Moses Inwang [Merry Men 3: Nemesis]
10 Kayode Kasum [Áfàméfùnà: An Nwa Boi Story]

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by Namaster: 12:30pm On Apr 26
People who watch Nigerian movies are trying.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by Localemperor: 12:36pm On Apr 26
Do people still watch Nigeria Movies?

This is not about patriotism, you gain nothing watching Nigeria movies. Absolutely nothing..

11 Likes

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by nairalanda1(m): 12:37pm On Apr 26
LegendHero:

4 Adeoluwa Owu [Adire]

Thank God. I was half expecting to see foreign movies on the list. Instead, I see Nigerian films

18 Likes

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by LegendHero(m): 12:38pm On Apr 26
Localemperor:

People watch it on Netflix, Prime, and movie theaters.

Except maybe you are living in the bush and can’t afford to watch Netflix coz this is a useless question.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by nairalanda1(m): 12:38pm On Apr 26
Localemperor:

This is not about patriotism, you gain nothing watching Nigeria movies. Absolutely nothing..

Yeah I myself am not a fan of our movies ( mostly because of quality) , but they are getting better really. Let's not lie

27 Likes

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by Paraman: 12:40pm On Apr 26
Namaster:
They are improving

3 Likes

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by ednut1(m): 12:41pm On Apr 26
Anikulapo was a waste of time. Disjointed

18 Likes

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by kokoA(m): 12:42pm On Apr 26
Localemperor:

and you gain what exactly watching foreign movies?

9 Likes

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by Sergio107: 12:54pm On Apr 26
More grease to those who like Nigeria movies

2 Likes

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by Cindypresh(f): 2:09pm On Apr 26
ednut1:
Anikulapo was a waste of time. Disjointed

You're the first person with this opinion.

Honestly.

I haven't seen the movie though

4 Likes

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by ruggedboych: 2:13pm On Apr 26
na oduduwa people de watch am, who get time to de listen Yoruba Yoruba language angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by christejames(m): 2:17pm On Apr 26
Afamefuna is a masterclass!

More of such movie which carries the real Nigerian cum African story.

7 Likes

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by NPFLADMIN(m): 2:18pm On Apr 26
Just watched Afamefuna yesterday. Loved it.

4 Likes

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by Kukutenla: 2:20pm On Apr 26
Op is an irredeemable tribalist and ethnic jingoist
Just check the names and you'll see his motivation for opening this thread in politics section
Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by Racoon(m): 2:22pm On Apr 26
Nice one. Watched Ahamefuna too.

4 Likes

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by DMerciful(m): 2:26pm On Apr 26
Always competing with Igbos.

In the film industry, Igbos wanna make money so they make LOTS of small movies. Its all about quantity by small time producers to make money
LegendHero:

4 Adeoluwa Owu [Adire]

1 Like

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by LegendHero(m): 2:37pm On Apr 26
DMerciful:
Always competing with Igbos.

In the film industry, Igbos wanna make money so they make LOTS of small movies. Its all about quantity by small time producers to make money

You mean Ibos are competing with Ibibio people on the list?

How can you compete with Yoruba when the only Ibo movie that made the top 10 was directed by a Yoruba man?

First try to outcompete the Ibibios on the list first, then we can talk.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by ednut1(m): 2:39pm On Apr 26
Cindypresh:

You're the first person with this opinion.

Honestly.

I haven't seen the movie though
the first one made sense. The latest one( series) waste of time. I restarted my Netflix subscription because of it. E pain me🤣

14 Likes

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by LegendHero(m): 2:40pm On Apr 26
Kukutenla:
Op is an irredeemable tribalist and ethnic jingoist
Just check the names and you'll see his motivation for opening this thread in politics section

The word “tribalist” don suffer for Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by Bulldozer90: 2:41pm On Apr 26
That's not the issue. The big question should be, is Netflix making profit?
Everything points to the fact these streaming platforms like Netflix and Amazon prime are struggling and aren't getting enough stream numbers. Who pays 5k only to watch overhyped movies with expensive data. Amazon prime is exiting the country and Netflix will do so when they recover their capital.
Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by LegendHero(m): 2:42pm On Apr 26
Bulldozer90:
That's not the issue. The big question should be, is Netflix making profit.

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by chopnaira: 2:45pm On Apr 26
Namaster:
What do you mean
Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by nedu666: 2:48pm On Apr 26
You mean people still they watch Nigeria movie without suspense. Haba I can't. Even news, I dare not watch
Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by chopnaira: 2:48pm On Apr 26
LegendHero:
They even likely make.more now after they started clamping down on password sharing and that new initiative that tries to lock people to a location.

Netflix says its profits have soared in the first three months of this year, partly thanks to a crackdown on password sharing.

The streaming giant said it added 9.3 million customers in the first quarter, bringing its total number of subscribers to almost 270 million.

Its revenue for the first quarter rose by nearly 15% year-on-year to $9.37bn.

1 Like

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by chopnaira: 2:51pm On Apr 26
ednut1:
the first one made sense. The latest one( series) waste of time. I restarted my Netflix subscription because of it. E pain me🤣
Na wa for you ooo. You restarted it for one month and you are complaining. I am sure you checked it first on torrent to see if it was available for free 😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by chopnaira: 2:55pm On Apr 26
Localemperor:

Yes. I am always so happy when there is a newly released Nigerian movie on Netflix or Prime. Those Nigerian directors are really trying with the cinematography and top notch acting in these new movies.

3 Likes

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by Bulldozer90: 2:55pm On Apr 26
[quote author=LegendHero post=129646931][/quote]
You well so?
We talking about their profit in the Nigerian market and you are posting me global profit.

Netflix came to Nigeria with grassroot nollywood in mind. That was why they acquired lionheart. But it's not clear whether Igbo producers in Asaba Enugu and Lagos are interested based on profitability issues. Today, 98% of Nollywood fans don't even have neflix account. Amazon prime discovered that early and left before making commitments.

They should all learn from canal plus who acquired iroko and allowed Njoku to run it. Today, ROK has overtaken African Magic in viewership to the extent that the company wants to acquire DSTV itself.
Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by LegendHero(m): 2:58pm On Apr 26
ednut1:

Bad belle no dey ever think straight.

The rating of Anikulapo peaked everywhere so few people saying they don’t like it does not imply that the first “is trash” or “waste of time”.

No movie for this life where you no go see one or two people say trash about. But what is objective is using the overall rating.

Anyone that says Anikulapo is trash overall among Nigeria movie of 2024 is either hating or having brain issues.

4 Likes

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by LegendHero(m): 3:00pm On Apr 26
chopnaira:

Yes. I am always so happy when there is a newly released Nigerian movie on Netflix or Prime. Those Nigerian directors are really trying with the cinematography and top notch acting in these new movies.

As in me too. I am now always more happy if they are Netflix original.

That graphics alone where you see “only on Netflix” Dey burst brain. Most Nigerian movies released for the past 2 years + have been superb.

3 Likes

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by chopnaira: 3:02pm On Apr 26
Localemperor:

I was like this in 1997 when Nigerian hip-hop started hitting the scenes. I was like what sort of trash are these. Slowly I started liking them when their quality started improving due to patronage by Nigerians. But look at them today now. The likes of Davido, burna boy, Wizkid, Tems, Omaha Lay, Chike e.t.c have made Nigeria music a force to reckon with.

Same is slowly happening to the Nollywood industry too. I remember my Jamaican friends said they use to see all Nigerian Nollywood as comedy some 15 years ago in Jamaica. That's slowly changing too.

4 Likes

Re: Statisense: Top 10 Most Watched Movies By Nigerians On Netflix Q1 2024 by DMerciful(m): 3:02pm On Apr 26
Una go just dey look for things to compete with people wey nor send una grin
LegendHero:

You mean Ibos are competing with Ibibio people on the list?

How can you compete with Yoruba when the only Ibo movie that made the top 10 was directed by a Yoruba man?

First try to outcompete the Ibibios on the list first, then we can talk.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goodluck Without A Hat. / We’ll Go Ahead With Demolition Of 10,288 Houses In Mpape - FCT Minister / Kaduna Is Mourning. Governor Dead. The Real Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.