Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,720 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

The UK Is The Most Corrupt Country In The World - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The UK Is The Most Corrupt Country In The World (372 Views)

Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals / Malta Is The Most Corrupt Country In The World And It Is In Europe / UK Is Most Corrupt Country In The World, Says Mafia Expert Roberto Saviano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The UK Is The Most Corrupt Country In The World by palel: 6:05pm On Apr 26
I recently saw a friend who just got a master's degree from a university in the UK, even though he never went to a university in Nigeria. When I asked him how he did it, he said he paid a lot of money for the degree. He didn't have to take any entrance exams like GRE, IELTS, or GMAT. He said it's common for people to do this, and UK schools care more about the money and the workforce Nigerians bring. I was really shocked and didn't know what to say. I feel like Nigeria is better because it's hard to get into Nigerian universities, especially Federal ones, without passing JAMB. Overall, I'm very disappointed in the UK government.

1 Like

Re: The UK Is The Most Corrupt Country In The World by immortalcrown(m): 6:17pm On Apr 26
It is not about the money but about the person's intellectual capacity.

Are you saying he failed his exams during the masters program and the school gave him a certificate at the end?

5 Likes

Re: The UK Is The Most Corrupt Country In The World by MindHacker9009(m): 6:22pm On Apr 26
You can get into a masters programme for some courses if you are in the UK with just work experience as they use that instead of a degree for those you have the interest and knowledge needed for the course gained in the workplace.
Re: The UK Is The Most Corrupt Country In The World by Beautifulday: 6:27pm On Apr 26
It is not what and how you got into a school but what you came out with. You will enter Nigerian university with 320 jamb score and come out worst

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The UK Is The Most Corrupt Country In The World by gratefulheart(m): 6:36pm On Apr 26
It's a global practice and it is also done in the US. It's for matured students who has years of working or entrepreneurship experience.

The experience can be counted for qualifications for up degrees.

palel:
I recently saw a friend who just got a master's degree from a university in the UK, even though he never went to a university in Nigeria. When I asked him how he did it, he said he paid a lot of money for the degree. He didn't have to take any entrance exams like GRE, IELTS, or GMAT. He said it's common for people to do this, and UK schools care more about the money and the workforce Nigerians bring. I was really shocked and didn't know what to say. I feel like Nigeria is better because it's hard to get into Nigerian universities, especially Federal ones, without passing JAMB. Overall, I'm very disappointed in the UK government.
Re: The UK Is The Most Corrupt Country In The World by jesmond3945: 8:35pm On Apr 26
immortalcrown:
It is not about the money but about the person's intellectual capacity.

Are you saying he failed his exams during the masters program and the school gave him a certificate at the end?
they would find way to pass you.
Re: The UK Is The Most Corrupt Country In The World by 1Sharon(f): 8:52pm On Apr 26
Most degrees in the UK don't need an entrance exam.

He probably paid someone to write his assignments for him, not to obtain the degree. He's the corrupt one.
Re: The UK Is The Most Corrupt Country In The World by palel: 12:46am On Apr 27
1Sharon:
Most degrees in the UK don't need an entrance exam.

He probably paid someone to write his assignments for him, not to obtain the degree. He's the corrupt one.
Now I understand

1 Like

Re: The UK Is The Most Corrupt Country In The World by tctrills: 1:20am On Apr 27
palel:
You are only used to nonsense.

(1) (Reply)

Russia And US Agrees On Cessation Of Hostilities In Syria / Hillary Clinton Healthy, Ready To Serve As US President – Doctor / Portugal To Lead The U.N After Benefiting From Slavery For Centuries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.