Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,571 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Does Music Affect Your Mood? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Does Music Affect Your Mood? (9908 Views)

Radio Tuned To Your Mood / Describe Your Mood With A Song Or Lyrics / Does Music Affect Your Emotions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by Chiori(m): 2:41am On Aug 10, 2007
Of course music affects my mood. And even when I play, it's also based on my mood. It's easy to read my emotions from the style of the playing moment.
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by hammah(m): 3:01am On Aug 10, 2007
music is cool.
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by edeone(m): 8:26am On Aug 10, 2007
oIo:

My MOOD AFFECTS THE MUSIC I LISTEN TO not the other way round

AGREE WIT U BRO UR MOOD DETERMINES THE KIND OF MUSIC U WANNA LISTEN TO, WEN U FEELING LOVE U NO WAT U WANNA HEAR AND WEN SAD U NO WAT U DEFINITELY WANNA HEAR
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by gbadex1(m): 9:23am On Aug 10, 2007
It goes both ways. Most times my mood determines the kind of music i listen to. And at times, music evokes emotions i'd at times rather not feel. . .
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by gbadex1(m): 9:23am On Aug 10, 2007
It goes both ways. Most times my mood determines the kind of music i listen to. And at times, music evokes emotions i'd at times rather not feel. . .
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by dblock(m): 9:27am On Aug 10, 2007
Yeah men

If I'm feeling down, I put on a little T.I and I feel happy as heck.
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by dblock(m): 9:28am On Aug 10, 2007
Yah Know, I'm not so happy rite now, I'm gon play some T.I Vs T.I.P. wink
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by fesse(f): 9:54am On Aug 10, 2007
yes music affects my mood.
R.Kelly Usher , Lil Kim,Jlo,50 Cent, Akon trips me with their voices. I like any hip-hop music any time. I like music anytime am angry to cheer my mood up. I can listen to any type of music from morning till nite. I prefer music to films. Music is part of me and i like dancing them when am in the house but in the office i just listen to them. I love music expecially hip-hop.
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by ne4real(f): 10:47am On Aug 10, 2007
i love music

i listen to the music that fits my mood at that time
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by thebaron(m): 11:28am On Aug 10, 2007
I love listening music. Rock music when I am busy and in a creative mood, RnB when I am feeling mushy. It doesnt happen all the time. Matter of fact I am listening to music right now. Rap music is for certain occasions. Music really makes the world go round.
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by gbadex1(m): 11:40am On Aug 10, 2007
Like Canibus once said,

"Music makes me high!!"
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by xJaysonx(m): 12:02pm On Aug 10, 2007
/Agrees with the thread starter.

Wish i could rep you.
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by ronnieslimz(f): 12:41pm On Aug 10, 2007
yippie cheesy
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by uchetobi(f): 12:47pm On Aug 10, 2007
Yes, it lifts me up, comforts me, and sometimes makes me sad and brings back memories. Sometimes it cools me down, and sometimes just gives me pure pleasure, I cant imagine this world without music
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by Aseye(m): 4:41pm On Aug 10, 2007
i do music a lot, its like its in the blood, i like to have music anywhere i am, my room its there, on my phone , my system is loaded with songs, cant just stop,
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by seun001(m): 6:30pm On Aug 10, 2007
music all the way,
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by LongOne1(m): 6:37pm On Aug 10, 2007
Hell Yeah i agree with two of u on the fact that ur moood determines the type of music u listen to.

When i'm drivin i listen to rap or hip-hop or somethin that bumps [sub][/sub]come to think of it dmx almost made me kill myself this very evenin.

When i'm down i listen to new age(yanni, enya etc)

When i'm partying, definitely naija.

When i'm lookin for my next ex-girlfriend-------------Blues.
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by xtraeffort(m): 8:15pm On Aug 10, 2007
For me, music is to the soul, what food is to the body. Whether RnB, hip pop, rock or jazz, music plays an important part in determining my mood or otherwise. There are good reasons why one may find a good number of proponents on either side of the split.

Ever imagine what it feels like when you are jilt? No one around to console you and suddenly you walk into a room filled with the most consoling music you ever imagine, Not only does music affects mood, but it also affects behavior and cosequently the culture: think of the gang culture, violence and rapps,
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by Christino(m): 8:51pm On Aug 10, 2007
Pac, Big and Nas ---> High all d way, doing 190 on the freeway, 120 on the streets esp. blasting "Heaven ain't hard to find!"
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by dafman(m): 11:11pm On Aug 10, 2007
sure, depending on the kind of music, music gets to the soul man
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by gbadex1(m): 11:32pm On Aug 10, 2007
These non-Hiphop ones don't know what's it like listening to rappers like DMX, Canibus what with their often aggressive, gritty, raw delivery! cheesy
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by TCUBE(m): 7:03am On Aug 11, 2007
yes it does, listening to jazz and classical music sometimes increase my imaginary thoughts, and hip hop, makes me feel high
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by smartkulk(m): 1:03pm On Aug 12, 2007
Is it any way necessary for one to engage in violence in d process of getting truth?
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by Yimsfred(m): 4:48pm On Aug 12, 2007
Yes, it surely does.
Whenever I'm in a mood I do not want, I change it with music. Music changes my mood. I therefore select my music especially in situations where I do not want to be in a particular mood.

For example,

Anything Enya relaxes my mind; it erazes my anger and makes me sleep depending on the moment.

Anything hardcore especially 2pac, Nas and selected tracks from selected artistes make me think deep for good (motivational).

Anything BTNH brings me good memories of school: my vitually all my roommates in 100 level were bone thugs fan. At this phase, I feel like I'm missing school and wish it's matriculation again.
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by iice(f): 4:51pm On Aug 12, 2007
My mood determines what i want to listen to and in turn the music then affects the mood
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by funweez(f): 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2007
Oh definately, musicc is life, Im totally crazy about music. I can listen to any genre as long as it sounds good to my ears. cool
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by warfarian(m): 9:22am On Aug 13, 2007
depends on the mood i am, when i am down, n i need something to encourage my self with, i play OK by Faze, when i am havin fun with my lover, i play One a plane by Faze, when i need to step up to the dance floor ooopppppsss any kind, when i also need to see c if i can rap or do some rap for myself, i play FAT Joe "make it rain" or lil wayne
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 13, 2007
yes it does
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by pecutrea(f): 4:54pm On Aug 13, 2007
@ some people that are trying to change the title, the title is correct.

Well, yeah, i am a huge fan of music, I love music more than any of you do. I may be in a frenzy mood,

but if a soulful music like "To love a woman" gets on, I feel glad. I love soft music
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by pecutrea(f): 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2007
I hate the word "boyfriend"
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by arden(f): 10:11pm On Aug 13, 2007
Of course it does.

HipHop (like Common, Dead Prez, Wu-Tang, MosDef, Nas, etc.) get me hype
R&B (like Badu, Lauryn Hill, Jill Scott, Goapelle, Maxwell, Bilal, etc.) get me relaxed
Mello rock (like ColdPlay, Remy Zero, Amos Lee, Fiona Apple, etc.) just make me feel all around good,
Re: Does Music Affect Your Mood? by gee2(m): 12:03am On Aug 14, 2007
guyz, i feel y'all, mood and music go hand in hand, but y'all should just try listen to talib kwali ft j. blige - i try and lupe fiasco ft jill scott - daydream and me rap fanz go wif nas, 2pac, dmx and some otherz e.g kanye west, cross movement, if you gat good songz tell me bout them. music makes tha difference.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Current Mobile Phone Ringtone And Why Did You Use It? / Korede Bello - "Butterfly" (Video) / Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.