Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? (6118 Views)

15 Items That Can Save Your Family’s Life / Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? / Nairaland Lost A Member Yesterday Evening ( Pics ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by Nayah(f): 9:38am On Nov 21, 2011
Hello everyone, I've watched last week in France a documentary about marriage or dating between the same members of family, and this topic became a controversial one in the sense that some people seem to consider that dating oyur uncle or your cousin is quite normal because it's about love and love is above everything

Then, I know some society still doing this so I' d like to have your oinion about this, if you meet you cousin without knowing it for example and your familiy told you that you have same blood, what would you do in case your relationship is really strong and consolidate

Enjoy wink
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by Dyt(f): 9:45am On Nov 21, 2011
well things cld still b done if belle nefa enta n even at dat sef its still amendable
naija get plenty culshore 2 mk d wrong ryt
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by slimyem: 9:56am On Nov 21, 2011
if i was in Alabama,no biggies.
Around here,it is culturally and morally wrong.its INCEST.
Even if i am strongly in love with a family member,once i find out,i walk!
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by Nayah(f): 10:03am On Nov 21, 2011
slimyem:

if i was in Alabama,no biggies.
Around here,it is culturally and morally wrong.its Inbreeding.
Even if i am strongly in love with a family member,once i find out,i walk!
Hello sister the bold one is serious??
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by slimyem: 10:26am On Nov 21, 2011
Nayah:

Hello sister the bold one is serious??
oh well.
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by Nayah(f): 10:43am On Nov 21, 2011
Ok that's a bit strange from the US because I wouldn't have thought they could accept this knd of union lipsrsealed
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by slimyem: 10:54am On Nov 21, 2011
Nayah:

Ok that's a bit strange from the US because I wouldn't have thought they could accept this knd of union lipsrsealed
they've got really strange and funny laws in that part of the country.
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by slimyem: 10:55am On Nov 21, 2011
Nayah:

they've got really strange and funny laws in that part of the country.
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by Flygeriana(m): 11:05am On Nov 21, 2011
Not possible!
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by Nayah(f): 11:06am On Nov 21, 2011
^^that's what I see but anyway for me this could be as forbidden as for sl eep with "parents" I truly believe this is incest too
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 21, 2011
if anyone knew the consequences and dangers of inbreeding, they wouldnt even contemplate such union.
i guess to each their own
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by Nayah(f): 11:12am On Nov 21, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

if anyone knew the consequences and dangers of inbreeding, they wouldnt even contemplate such union.
i guess to each their own
Hey Brown jay how are you smiley
Anyway people could know but because of traditions they let it be
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by Sijo01(f): 12:03pm On Nov 21, 2011
Wil bounce as soon as i found out &
wil stay away 4rm d family 4avry long time.
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 21, 2011
Nayah:

Hey Brown jay how are you smiley
Anyway people could know but because of traditions they let it be

ca va, et toi? pas trop froid a Paris en ce moment? mdr!

i hope "tradition" will help them care for the possible abnormal child that they may get then.

i remember a while back there was in the news a brother and sister having sex in an elevator, CAUGHT ON TAPE. i mean, really?! in the whole wide world, the only person he thought to have s.ex with was HIS SISTER?!?! the fact that they could look at each other "like that" says a lot about their dysfunctional upbringing.
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by Nayah(f): 12:44pm On Nov 21, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

ca va, et toi? pas trop froid a Paris en ce moment? mdr!

i hope "tradition" will help them care for the possible abnormal child that they may get then.

i remember a while back there was in the news a brother and sister Being Intimate in an elevator, CAUGHT ON TAPE. i mean, really?! in the whole wide world, the only person he thought to have s.ex with was HIS SISTER?!?! the fact that they could look at each other "like that" says a lot about t[b]heir dysfunctional upbringing.[/b]
Agree on that!
Oui je vais bien mais il ne fait pas froid aujourd'hui en plus il y a du soleil donc cool
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by iice(f): 2:38pm On Nov 21, 2011
Odin forbid.
Not even with friends i consider family.
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 22, 2011
Am in luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv with my cuzinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn grin. If you see her you too would luv her, if she's ur cuzin, you would love her, Every1 loves her grin
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by heynew: 10:38am On Nov 22, 2011
nobody should pray to be in such situation, but if unfortunately one finds himself in such drama it is still amndable
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by Nayah(f): 10:45am On Nov 22, 2011
heynew:

nobody should pray to be in such situation, but if unfortunately one finds himself in such drama it is still amndable
I really think that should be forbidden and punished by law
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 22, 2011
Not on my watch.
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by CzarChris(m): 11:51am On Nov 22, 2011
iice:

[color=#990000]Odin forbid.
Not even with friends i consider family.[/color]

Now that's interesting(The bolded of course) wink
Well, there are girlfriends I have that I won't even want to mess with cos I like them too much for that so that they don't get boring to me easy. Cos any girl I mess, I easily get bored of not to talk of bleeping family its' unthinkable
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by Nayah(f): 12:00pm On Nov 22, 2011
Czar-Chris:

Now that's interesting(The bolded of course) wink
Well, there are girlfriends I have that I won't even want to mess with cos I like them too much for that so that they don't get boring to me easy. Cos any girl I mess, I easily get bored of not to talk of bleeping family its' unthinkable
lol
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by PeeDaVinci: 12:16pm On Nov 22, 2011
afaik, in africa and europe, simply having sex with member of ur nuclear family is a criminal act called "incest", dont know abt the extended family though
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:32pm On Nov 22, 2011
Its digusting
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by Iranoladun(f): 12:42pm On Nov 22, 2011
I think family in African context should be define as to whether it is extended or nuclear.

If it is extended family, I see nothing wrong with it.   undecided

My husband is actually a distant cousin to my Mum (like they are from the same family house). wink

In breeding is marriage within an extended family which in this context is morally wrong and medically going to be a challenge.
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by Kambinachi(f): 12:44pm On Nov 22, 2011
the Mods really should close this incestuous thread!
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 22, 2011
In some African countries it's no biggy. I have a course mate from Uganda whom once told me that their traditional permits first cousins to get married.

To me it is unthinkable. Believe me, people use to say that my cousin are really pretty and sexy but they all look like men to me. The thought alone is enough to drive one over the edge. Guess the world is truly messed up when people look other sin the eyes and tell them that there is nothing wrong with such an idea.
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 22, 2011
Nada, i can't do such a thing. Except maybe he is an extended family and i didn't know at that time (it happens), but then i will definately walk away . But when a child has been made, that's where the problems lies, it kindof reminds me of my uncle and my aunt that got married, they never knew they were related until the deed was done, and by then, it was too late.
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by Nayah(f): 12:51pm On Nov 22, 2011
I've always been wondering how some people find the courage to do such things, seriously I use to be very tolerant but this is above all to me
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by brighter: 1:11pm On Nov 22, 2011
It depend son how far a family u mean, i've seen a northern muslim (Yobe to be precise) got married to his first cousin & he told me it's normal in their place.
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by TRACK: 2:12pm On Nov 22, 2011
i schooled in the eastern part of NIgeria. There, a friend told me that in her community in Ebonyi state half brother can marry half sister freely. In fact, she told me that her own half brother bethroted her.

@ op, few weeks ago, i saw on NTA where twin brothers married twin sisters. Both families are from eastern nigeria.
I do not think all these things are okay.
Re: Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? by TRACK: 2:16pm On Nov 22, 2011
i schooled in the eastern part of NIgeria. There, a friend told me that in her community in Ebonyi state half brother can marry half sister freely. In fact, she told me that her own half brother bethroted her.

@ op, few weeks ago, i saw on NTA where twin brothers married twin sisters. Both families are from eastern nigeria.
I do not think all these things are okay.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Journey To Ikoyi Prison / Home Remedy For Ladies Trying To Conceive (TTC) / My Neighbour (female) Sleeps With Light On Every Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.