Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,063 members, 7,859,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 08:00 PM

Exxon, Shell, Totalenergies, And Eni Seek To Exit Nigeria Over Security And Thef - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exxon, Shell, Totalenergies, And Eni Seek To Exit Nigeria Over Security And Thef (762 Views)

Multinational Companies Exit Nigeria Amid High Operating Cost / Simon Ekpa: Biafra Will Exit Nigeria Peacefully Or By War / Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exxon, Shell, Totalenergies, And Eni Seek To Exit Nigeria Over Security And Thef by treesun: 4:25pm On May 04
Major oil companies, such as Exxon Mobil, Shell, TotalEnergies, and Eni, have sought to exit Nigeria’s onshore oil to focus on deepwater drilling over security concerns, including sabotage and theft in the Niger Delta region but were delayed by government authorities over responsibility for oil spillage clean up.

This announcement was disclosed on Friday at a meeting with the oil companies in Abuja and the Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC). The Chief of NUPRC, Gbenga Komolafe, offered a short-term option with faster approval if the companies commit to cleaning up spills and compensating communities.

Komolafe further maintained that if the major oil companies agree to take the option, they will sign the undertaking knowing they have obligations to fulfil.

However, Komolafe also offered a second long-term option, which involved waiting for NURPC to identify and assign all liabilities, potentially delaying the final approval until August.

Essentially, NUPRC seeks to ensure a balanced yet faster exit for the major oil companies, including protecting the environment, meeting local community demands, and ensuring the long-term capacity of the oil assets.

While the companies review the options regarding cleanup costs, NURPC is responsible for determining what the departure of 26 oil blocks means for Nigeria’s source of revenue.

We aim to ensure that the companies that take over these blocks have the necessary financial resources and possess the technical expertise required to responsibly manage the blocks throughout their lifecycle in accordance with good asset stewardship practices, Komolafe said.

According to NURPC, these oil blocks hold an estimated reserve of 13.76 billion barrels of oil, 2.70 billion barrels of condensate, and about 90,717 billion cubic feet of gas.

https://westafricaweekly.com/exxon-shell-totalenergies-and-eni-seek-to-exit-nigeria-over-security-and-theft-concerns/
Re: Exxon, Shell, Totalenergies, And Eni Seek To Exit Nigeria Over Security And Thef by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:32pm On May 04
The great Tinubulation is here. No be statistics we go chop.

3 Likes

Re: Exxon, Shell, Totalenergies, And Eni Seek To Exit Nigeria Over Security And Thef by heklcoon: 4:35pm On May 04
Nigeria what is happening to our Country! Its inflation that is disturbing me now not oil companies
Re: Exxon, Shell, Totalenergies, And Eni Seek To Exit Nigeria Over Security And Thef by AqualinaXYZ: 4:39pm On May 04
See as everyone is watching while Unity begging Yorubas are busy destroying the country

When I knew the Yorubas wasn’t a thing was when they left Osinbajo that was the best bet and supported this urine dispensing frogged eyes cocaine sniffing bed wetting thief from Irigbaji to be their favorite candidate

When I talk they’ll say I’m being tribalistic but trust me if Osinbajo was at the ballot most obidients today will vote Osinbajo and against Obi

Shebi you see how this certificate forger is destroying our country before our very own eyes

Wike that’s supposed to be calling for disintegration of Rivers state out of Nigeria is busy ass licking a thief he doesn’t love deep down

See our precious oil and blessed natural resources is been mismanaged by a criminal who’s entire region doesn’t have a drop of oil

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exxon, Shell, Totalenergies, And Eni Seek To Exit Nigeria Over Security And Thef by AqualinaXYZ: 4:39pm On May 04
grin
lipsrsealed
Re: Exxon, Shell, Totalenergies, And Eni Seek To Exit Nigeria Over Security And Thef by Racoon(m): 4:44pm On May 04
All because a well known crook enter government with a stolen mandate. Make una continue to look for investors

3 Likes

Re: Exxon, Shell, Totalenergies, And Eni Seek To Exit Nigeria Over Security And Thef by christejames(m): 6:00pm On May 04
They should go undecided

We have Alakija, Otedola and other Yoruba billionaires in the oil sector that will replace them cool
Re: Exxon, Shell, Totalenergies, And Eni Seek To Exit Nigeria Over Security And Thef by kenny714433(m): 7:56pm On May 04
Seriously? I hope this is not true
Re: Exxon, Shell, Totalenergies, And Eni Seek To Exit Nigeria Over Security And Thef by StarRiderr: 8:56pm On May 04
christejames:
They should go undecided

We have Alakija, Otedola and other Yoruba billionaires in the oil sector that will replace them cool
my dear how old are you please...

1 Like

Re: Exxon, Shell, Totalenergies, And Eni Seek To Exit Nigeria Over Security And Thef by Emekankwoka(m): 9:03pm On May 04
Yes very good they have taken enough we can now use it to build our economy
Re: Exxon, Shell, Totalenergies, And Eni Seek To Exit Nigeria Over Security And Thef by treesun: 11:37pm On May 04
Nlfpmod!
Re: Exxon, Shell, Totalenergies, And Eni Seek To Exit Nigeria Over Security And Thef by grandstar(m): 12:47am On May 05
AqualinaXYZ:
See as everyone is watching while Unity begging Yorubas are busy destroying the country

When I knew the Yorubas wasn’t a thing was when they left Osinbajo that was the best bet and supported this urine dispensing frogged eyes cocaine sniffing bed wetting thief from Irigbaji to be their favorite candidate

When I talk they’ll say I’m being tribalistic but trust me if Osinbajo was at the ballot most obidients today will vote Osinbajo and against Obi

Shebi you see how this certificate forger is destroying our country before our very own eyes

Wike that’s supposed to be calling for disintegration of Rivers state out of Nigeria is busy ass licking a thief he doesn’t love deep down

See our precious oil and blessed natural resources is been mismanaged by a criminal who’s entire region doesn’t have a drop of oil

It would have been better you kept silent that expose your ignorance here.

Who won the APC presidential primaries? Bola Tinubu. Who gave him those vote? The delegates.

During the presidential elections, whose name appeared at the polling stations-was it Osinbajo?

Yorubas would have voted for Osinbajo if he was the presidential flag bearer but he wasn't

1 Like

Re: Exxon, Shell, Totalenergies, And Eni Seek To Exit Nigeria Over Security And Thef by Gadafii: 5:31am On May 05
grandstar:

It would have been better you kept silent that expose your ignorance here.

Who won the APC presidential primaries? Bola Tinubu. Who gave him those vote? The delegates.

During the presidential elections, whose name appeared at the polling stations-was it Osinbajo?

Yorubas would have voted for Osinbajo if he was the presidential flag bearer but he wasn't
this your comment shows you are the ignorant one, tinubu paid delegates thousands of dollars ranging from 15-25k during the primary election just to secure the flag

Same osibanjo you guys called omo ale(bastarddd)for daring to run for presidency against tinubu

You people have short memory or just plain ignorant ??

1 Like

Re: Exxon, Shell, Totalenergies, And Eni Seek To Exit Nigeria Over Security And Thef by grandstar(m): 12:12pm On May 05
Gadafii:
this your comment shows you are the ignorant one, tinubu paid delegates thousands of dollars ranging from 15-25k during the primary election just to secure the flag

Same osibanjo you guys called omo ale(bastarddd)for daring to run for presidency against tinubu

You people have short memory or just plain ignorant ??

If you knew the delegates the presidential candidate through the primaries, why collectively blame all Yoruba's?

If Osinbajo's name was on the ballot box, I am sure Yoruba's would be more eagerly vote for him than Tinubu. I also know many igbos would vote for him as well.

Your focus to collectively blame all Yoruba is prejudicial.

He wasn't on the ballot box.
Re: Exxon, Shell, Totalenergies, And Eni Seek To Exit Nigeria Over Security And Thef by treesun: 1:19pm On May 05
Everything collapsing under Tinubu!
Re: Exxon, Shell, Totalenergies, And Eni Seek To Exit Nigeria Over Security And Thef by Good2go1: 1:30pm On May 05
Though I agree that Tinubu is a disaster but we should blame any tribe for it rather as citizens who are victims of bad leaders should come take and vote right in next election
grandstar:

If you knew the delegates the presidential candidate through the primaries, why collectively blame all Yoruba's?

If Osinbajo's name was on the ballot box, I am sure Yoruba's would be more eagerly vote for him than Tinubu. I also know many igbos would vote for him as well.

Your focus to collectively blame all Yoruba is prejudicial.

He wasn't on the ballot box.
Re: Exxon, Shell, Totalenergies, And Eni Seek To Exit Nigeria Over Security And Thef by ednut1(m): 2:54pm On May 05
kenny714433:
Seriously? I hope this is not true
they have been selling off this onshore assets since Buhari time. They want to focus on offshore which is safer and no oil theft or community wahala
Re: Exxon, Shell, Totalenergies, And Eni Seek To Exit Nigeria Over Security And Thef by treesun: 6:31pm On May 05
ednut1:
they have been selling off this onshore assets since Buhari time. They want to focus on offshore which is safer and no oil theft or community wahala
Seplat bought many of the fields!

(1) (Reply)

Police Detain 30 Reps Over Death Of Policeman / Pdp Gets New Chairman: Any New Hope? / (video) The New World Heavyweight Boxing Champion Is Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.