Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,603 members, 7,851,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:44 PM

Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu (30200 Views)

Edo Deputy Governor Shaibu Begs Obaseki For Forgiveness / Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu, Attempts To Force His Way Into Governor's Office / Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by alphaNomega: 10:52am On May 05
even our journalists are notorious for twisting people's words out of context
Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by ufotunang: 10:52am On May 05
See the person that wanted to be a governor... already doing illegal things as deputy governor in which he is now impeached
Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by Nkpitime(m): 11:13am On May 05
Tareq1105:

You're very stupid for calling him criminal.

Do you know his entitlements as Dep Gov?

Deputy Governor refurbishing old vehicles recovered from a former dep gov. It's a shame. If I were Shaibu I wouldn't take it from the onset. He deserves new vehicles.

Was Obaseki using vehicles Oshomhole left? Why's Obaseki this wicked?

I discovered that all those who commented before me lacked knowledge of government.

They don't even know what and what Phillip Shaibu was entitled to under the law as Dep Gov. They were just condemning him. Education is very important in life. Pls get it no matter the cost.

Shaibu deserve better than this. He doesn't deserve old refurbished vehicles as Dep Gov then after using it for over 7 years, you want him to return it.

It's very unfair.
You are a mumu man

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by jamesversion: 11:32am On May 05
softtorce:
I am shocked many of you are not aware of Alex Otti criminal tendencies

I didn't ask if Alex Otti was buying Pickup trucks for N1.6B, I asked if you have proof that the Nairalander supports such decision from Governor Otti.
Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by tnerro1(m): 11:32am On May 05
softtorce:
I hope you will be leading the case so I can chop small thing from the money u never had

Chop small thing dey kill ooo
Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by Mayflowa(m): 12:06pm On May 05
Tareq1105:

Deputy Governor refurbishing old vehicles recovered from a former dep gov. It's a shame. If I were Shaibu I wouldn't take it from the onset. He deserves new vehicles.

I discovered that all those who commented before me lacked knowledge of government.

They don't even know what and what Phillip Shaibu was entitled to under the law as Dep Gov. They were just condemning him. Education is very important in life. Pls get it no matter the cost.

Shaibu deserve better than this. He doesn't deserve old refurbished vehicles as Dep Gov then after using it for over 7 years, you want him to return it.

It's very unfair.

He only found these vehicles to use because others returned theirs. If he gets entitlement, he should get it. But he cannot seize vehicles as payment. There was budget for repairs. It was not his personal money.

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by symbianDON(m): 12:18pm On May 05
Oga comot your engine na, return the body!
Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by mctech(m): 12:29pm On May 05
You refurbished government property with your own money while still in office.

Hmmm!

Even if your spurious claim is right, does it make it your own?
Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by Originalsly: 12:46pm On May 05
Ii understand what he is saying. What I don't understand is why he is not charged for theft. His explanation should be heard by a judge to agree kr disagree. Is the title of the vehicle in his name? If he lived in government house for 8 years ... and did some repairs ... changed windows ... then should he also claim the house and not move out? I don't blame him ..... I blame the authorities for not charging him to court. Police at check point should ask him for title and treat him like any other civilian who cannot produce the title of his vehicle.
Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by Wiwee: 1:19pm On May 05
Olga, all of una na same thing. Who you help when you dey there?
Good01:

https://punchng.com/why-i-refused-to-return-govt-vehicles-ex-edo-gov-shaibu/?amp
Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by lesson44: 1:38pm On May 05
A true reflections on how Nigerian politician brains are wired. They don’t seem to understand what is corruption once they are in power. Every action they undertake is legal.
Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by Yelight(m): 1:54pm On May 05
Thank God this guy no become Governor, na like this u for no return all government properties. Shameless indeed!!!

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by Khallicopyro: 1:56pm On May 05
Now we see why Obaseki didn't want him as Governor of the state. Cars wey other deputy governors don use and drop e reach your turn you dey claim ownership? Shuaibu for overdo as governor sha!

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by frog12: 2:18pm On May 05
2 pickup for 1.6 billion?
the way we are going, corruption will deal with nigeria shocked shocked

softtorce:
I am shocked many of you are not aware of Alex Otti criminal tendencies

Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by chrisblack1234: 2:25pm On May 05
Na xo thief dey start..return the vehicle sir .ole
Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by NwaliE01: 3:40pm On May 05
Exactly, painting landlords house doesn't make it your own..
Oga Shaibu, you're the hearltess person here. Return the public property in your custody.
Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by Peteryt01: 3:48pm On May 05
Shuabu, no let them kill u
Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by onomej4u1: 4:46pm On May 05
Repairing government vehicles with government money I suppose now makes the vehicles your own. Thief you cannot even buy new personal vehicles with all the money you stole as former speaker, house of Rep member and deputy governor for almost 8 years. Barawo

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by samwash(m): 4:47pm On May 05
Shaibu !!! See as you come dey disgrace yourself for public.
This just show a fracment of yourself if you eventually get into power, the people that worked with you kwns you better than we the people.
Even if you repaire those cars with your money,as far the government did not sell it to you, they can never be your properties. So pls return those Edo state government property that are still in your possession for peace to reign.
Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by IPG25(m): 5:53pm On May 05
God will judge every being.
Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by micmond: 7:31pm On May 05
Na only God know wetin dey give politicians courage
Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by Loonyy(m): 7:51pm On May 05
bobbiiee:
Can we check the engine numbers in the car particulars against the replaced engine numbers?

Does repairing the landlord's house make it yours?

Even the money he used for the so called refurbishment na him own
Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by Elidrisy20: 8:51pm On May 05
Return Dem ole
Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by ezenna191(m): 9:15pm On May 05
The man is a traitor and a betrayer, one of those people who think they know too much. Kama is simply trailing him.
Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by TheOgaBoss: 12:04am On May 06
[quote author=Tareq1105 post=129789408]

It's very unfair. [/quotes]oga which section of the constitution stipulates that a deputy gov is entitled to new vehicles?
Re: Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu by HRMK: 8:36am On May 06
WHOSE MONEY WAS USED TO REPAIR/REFURBISH THE VEHICLES?YOUR PERSONAL/PRIVATE OR STATE GOVERNMENT MONEY?
I AM SURE SHUABU KNOWS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

They Want To Kill Me - Hillard Eta, Acting APC National Chairman Cries Out / No Persecution Of Christians In Nigeria: Lai Mohammed Replies US Senators / Governorship Elections: How We Will Transmit Results – INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.