Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,589 members, 7,827,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

"black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! (13291 Views)

Hilarious Picture OF Fashion Models Falling On The Runway / Modelling-discussions :: high Fashion Models-Victorias Secret Models-! / ♥ Onila's Cool World ♥(Fashion, models, cool Stuff, Fancy stuff, things I like)♥ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 3:46pm On Nov 23, 2011
Ubah looks like a black Heidi Klum. If you watch the Dark 'n Lovely advert, you can really notice it.

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 3:57pm On Nov 23, 2011
Ubah with rokiatu's new favourite model, Arlenis

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 3:59pm On Nov 23, 2011
Ubah Hassan:

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by Nobody: 1:49am On Nov 24, 2011
Keep it coming dear. wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by InkedNerd(f): 2:46am On Nov 24, 2011
zolzlolz:

NO WAY!!!!!! Which girls? Do you work in fashion? Can you hire me please?  grin My dream job (dream, because it will  never happen) is to work at an agency specifically for black models. Or to start an African Vogue magazine. The thing is, I'm not into fashion, but I love models. And the black models are so crazy beautiful, I have no idea why they don't get hired. I wish I could start my own fashion week so I can use all of them.I can imagine

I've seen Liya Kebede, Arlenis Sosa, Bre Scullark, Alek Wek [she has a house near my former school], Jordan Dunn, Danielle Evans, Sessilee Lopez, Ajuma Nasenyana, Salieu Jalloh, Fatima Siad, Ibrahim Baaith, Thiago Santos [he flirted with my younger sister once grin], Henry Watkins and a bunch of other models. lol, I can't hire you since I don't work for or at a modeling agency. My sister writes for an online lifestyle magazine in the UK site so every season when fashion week rolls around, I tag along--that's one of the reasons I've been able to see these models in person. Also, the school that my sister went had lots of showrooms and a modeling agency near it so it wasn't uncommon for me to see these models in the area. Often times I see them in Soho. There was another famous model I met some years ago but I can't remember her name. She was once a guest judge on America's Next Top Model. I ran into her again, about two years ago while she was driving around in the neighborhood near my school. And just recently, I met an Ethiopian model I met over the summer while shopping in Aldo's--the girl was stunning but I didn't catch her name before she left the store. Initially, it was the girls mother that caught my attention because she was equally stunning. Was so gorgeous, I couldn't help but stare at her.
Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 1:48pm On Nov 24, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

I've seen Liya Kebede, Arlenis Sosa, Bre Scullark, Alek Wek [she has a house near my former school], Jordan Dunn, Danielle Evans, Sessilee Lopez, Ajuma Nasenyana, Salieu Jalloh, Fatima Siad, Ibrahim Baaith, T[b]hiago Santos [he flirted with my younger sister once grin][/b], Henry Watkins and a bunch of other models. lol, I can't hire you since I don't work for or at a modeling agency. My sister writes for an online lifestyle magazine in the UK site so every season when fashion week rolls around, I tag along--that's one of the reasons I've been able to see these models in person. Also, the school that my sister went had lots of showrooms and a modeling agency near it so it wasn't uncommon for me to see these models in the area. Often times I see them in Soho. There was another famous model I met some years ago but I can't remember her name. She was once a guest judge on America's Next Top Model. I ran into her again, about two years ago while she was driving around in the neighborhood near my school. And just recently, I met an Ethiopian model I met over the summer while shopping in Aldo's--the girl was stunning but I didn't catch her name before she left the store. Initially, it was the girls mother that caught my attention because she was equally stunning. Was so gorgeous, I couldn't help but stare at her.

WOW, LUCKY!!!! Can i live with you then, maybe? wink Unfortunately, I've never seen a famous model in my life, but Yasmin Warsame actually was in a fashion show in Johannesburg a year ago. That's the first time I saw her (she was on the front page of the paper), and I thought she was so gorgeous.

To the bolded: SERIOUSLY? That guy is so cute!!!! And I found out he's Brazilian *sigh* There are a few Brazilian and Italian guys at my university. I'm telling you I almost failed my first year, because they were the most gorgeous men I've ever seen.

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 2:41pm On Nov 24, 2011
Last pictures of Ubah Hassan:

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 2:43pm On Nov 24, 2011
Ubah
Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 2:47pm On Nov 24, 2011
Keeping it in Africa today, our next fashion model is Nina Keita from Ivory Coast

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 3:00pm On Nov 24, 2011
There are relatively few pictures of Nina. Looks like she's famous for being in an Old Navy commercial.

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by InkedNerd(f): 3:14pm On Nov 24, 2011
zolzlolz:

WOW, LUCKY!!!! Can i live with you then, maybe?  wink Unfortunately, I've never seen a famous model in my life, but Yasmin Warsame actually was in a fashion show in Johannesburg a year ago. That's the first time I saw her (she was on the front page of the paper), and I thought she was so gorgeous.

To the bolded: SERIOUSLY? That guy is so cute!!!! And I found out he's Brazilian *sigh* There are a few Brazilian and Italian guys at my university. I'm telling you I almost failed my first year, because they were the most gorgeous men I've ever seen.

lol, sure come live with us cheesy

Yeah, I'm serious. We ran into him on the train when he was leaving a photo shoot and he flirted with her for a bit.
Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 3:22pm On Nov 24, 2011
Um, how long is "for a bit"? grin
Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 3:25pm On Nov 24, 2011
Nina Keita:

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 3:29pm On Nov 24, 2011
This picture is really grossing me out. Seriously, did it have to be Alec Baldwin ? Why not David Gandy?

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 3:31pm On Nov 24, 2011
"Nina Keita, from woman to woman, you look like you have really nice boobs" kiss
Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 3:33pm On Nov 24, 2011
Last pictures of Nina Keita:

Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 3:38pm On Nov 24, 2011
Our last model from the day hails from Botswana. Her name is Kaone Kario. She won the Nokia face of Africa competition which, I believe, was the same competition that Oluchi won. Anyway, she works in South Africa. I think she could do really well overseas too.
Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 3:40pm On Nov 24, 2011
I believe there are few women who could work it with a bald head. Kaone is one of those women.
Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by InkedNerd(f): 3:41pm On Nov 24, 2011
zolzlolz:

Um, how long is "for a bit"?  grin

It was throughout the train ride. Eventually, he transfered trains and so did we grin
Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by zolzlolz(f): 3:45pm On Nov 24, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

It was throughout the train ride. Eventually, he transfered trains and so did we grin

Oh my gosh *putting herself together* Can you tell your sister to relive the moment so we can both enjoy it, please?
Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by InkedNerd(f): 3:58pm On Nov 24, 2011
zolzlolz:

Oh my gosh *putting herself together* Can you tell your sister to relive the moment so we can both enjoy it, please?

She didn't think of it as anything because its not the first person she'd see him.
Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by BZion(m): 1:45pm On Feb 09, 2013
I am looking for the above professionals for a test shoot scheduled for the end of February in Lagos. A test shoot is a situation where by professionals come together to create beautiful pictures without pay but each participant gets credit for their efforts eg the designer that provides the clothes gets credit if and when the pictures are used and of course gets the pictures from the shoot. This is the same for the makeup artist, model, stylist and photographer.

Each of these professionals gets to build their portfolios with pictures like this. If you are interested please send an email to me at

bunmizion@yahoo.com

to view my work visit http://ohibunmizion.shutterchance.com/
Ohi' 'Bunmi Zion
Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 19, 2013
______
Re: "black Is Beautiful" Black Fashion Models Who Are Making It! by Nobody: 4:57am On Sep 17, 2014
Face Of iMagicHits 2015 (Bring That Dream To Reality)
Get A Modelling Contract And Also Stand A chance To be In Music Videos of Top Nigerian Celebrities + Win A Blackberry Q30 + Other Consolation Prices.. To Register And Participate Follow The Link. Or Add our Agent On BBM 2B245633 or Call 08073437876 or mail imagichits@gmail.com
DONT BE LEFT OUT!!!

Advertise and Promote Your Events,Business, Music,Art. Etc
U can also like our Facebook page fb- iMagicHits

#iMagicHits
# Be Heard

(1) (2) (Reply)

PROMO! PROMO!! Get A Professional & Affordable Website: ANY BUSINESS... (#15k) / If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? / 100% Organic Lightening Herbal Soap And Cream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.