Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,290 members, 7,839,433 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

IPOB Warns Ohanaeze Ndigbo Against Apologising To Northern Nigeria Over 1966Coup - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Warns Ohanaeze Ndigbo Against Apologising To Northern Nigeria Over 1966Coup (376 Views)

Arise TV Presidential Debate: Dino Melaye Denies Apologising To Peter Obi / The Great Crime Of Ndigbo Against Buhari / 2019: Reps Member Warns Ndigbo Against Rejecting Peter Obi’s Nomination As Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Warns Ohanaeze Ndigbo Against Apologising To Northern Nigeria Over 1966Coup by Kuginzi: 5:39pm On May 05
The Indigenous People of Biafra has warned pan-Igbo organisation Ohanaeze Ndigbo against apologising over the 1966 military coup on behalf of the Igbo people.

IPOB made this known in a statement issued by its Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, at the weekend, threatening that an order would be given to treat anyone who identifies themselves as an Ohanaeze Ndigbo member - at home and in the Diaspora - as a criminal and traitor should the organisation apologise to northern Nigeria for the coup.

The group warned the organisation led by Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu not to go to Sokoto to apologise to the Fulani people for the coup, which has been tagged as ‘Igbo coup’ in some quarters.

The statement reads in part, "Ohanaeze has crossed the red line by attempting to go and apologize to the Fulani terrorists for what the clueless Ohanaeze called forgiveness from the Caliphate for Igbo military officers involvement in the 1966 coup that led to the death of Sir Ahmadu Bello.

“By the abominable planned visit of Ohaneze Ndigbo will be on record as aggressors instead of victims.”

It said, "Ndigbo never sent military officers to stage a coup for them or to murder on their behalf. Nevertheless, the 1966 coup that was carried out by the young military officers from all the ethnic groups in Nigeria was viciously tagged as Igbo coup. Why was the military coup led by Murtala Muhammed, Babangida, Buhari, Abacha and other Northern military officers not tagged Hausa or Fulani coup?”

"And an order will be given to treat anyone that identifies himself or herself as an Ohanaeze Ndigbo member both at home and in the Diaspora as a criminal and traitor and will be treated as one. In fact, going forward, Ohanaeze Ndigbo should stop speaking or representing Ndigbo,” it added.

However, Iwuanyanwu has said that Ohanaeze never had the intention to apologise for the 1966 coup.

According to him, the coup was strictly a military affair.

Addressing journalists in Owerri, the Imo State capital at the weekend, Iwuanyanwu said, “We can’t go to beg anybody. Igbos were killed in that coup. As far as Ohanaeze Ndigbo is concerned, Igbos did not have any affair with the 1966 coup. It was purely a military affair.

“It’s not true, it’s fake news. The man that even carried the fake news has apologised. What happened was that we had a retreat at Enugu. Nobody talked about it. The only thing we did was to appoint a peace and reconciliatory committee because we want peace for our people in Lagos and everywhere else.

"First of all, Igbo didn’t carry out any coup. People who were killed were not killed by Ndigbo; they were killed by soldiers. Igbos didn’t kill anybody. The coup was carried out by soldiers.

“It was purely a military affair; nothing to do with the Igbo. We have no reason to apologise to anybody.”

Iwuanyanwu said he had never accepted responsibility for the coup.

"Nobody told Nzeogu to do coup, just like nobody told the others that did coup in Nigeria,” he added.

https://saharareporters.com/2024/05/05/ipob-warns-ohanaeze-ndigbo-against-apologising-northern-nigeria-over-1966-coup

1 Like

Re: IPOB Warns Ohanaeze Ndigbo Against Apologising To Northern Nigeria Over 1966Coup by EreluRoz: 5:41pm On May 05
They should apologize, I was told how the coup and war came about and was shocked. We should learn to avoid triggers and also avoid wars, especially the ones we can't finish and triumph over.

Peter Obi is threading that part indirectly and some people are supporting him, nobody wants what happened in 1966 to ever repeat itself again, nobody prays for that.

Shalom

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Warns Ohanaeze Ndigbo Against Apologising To Northern Nigeria Over 1966Coup by nke001: 6:13pm On May 05
The igbos never plotted any coup, it was a military coup.

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Warns Ohanaeze Ndigbo Against Apologising To Northern Nigeria Over 1966Coup by jmoore(m): 6:17pm On May 05
IPOB ndi egbuwara isi!

The bingos will fabricate something and bring it out to use as propaganda against ohanaeze
Re: IPOB Warns Ohanaeze Ndigbo Against Apologising To Northern Nigeria Over 1966Coup by AfonjaConehead: 6:21pm On May 05
EreluRoz:
They should apologize, I was told how the coup and war came about and was shocked. We should learn to avoid triggers and also avoid wars, especially the ones we can't finish and triumph over.

Peter Obi is threading that part indirectly and some people are supporting him, nobody wants what happened in 1966 to ever repeat itself again, nobody prays for that.

Shalom
Can you please explain how Peter is threading the path of war?

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Warns Ohanaeze Ndigbo Against Apologising To Northern Nigeria Over 1966Coup by HypocriticalObi: 6:23pm On May 05
Igbos are desperate to produce president

11 Likes

Re: IPOB Warns Ohanaeze Ndigbo Against Apologising To Northern Nigeria Over 1966Coup by paramakina202: 6:25pm On May 05
I.pob are just attention seekers.
Apologize for what!
I.pob should just fold up, pack up and disappear with their sit at home agitation.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Warns Ohanaeze Ndigbo Against Apologising To Northern Nigeria Over 1966Coup by jmoore(m): 6:28pm On May 05
EreluRoz:

Shalom
Ignorance at its peak!

1953 and 1966, which comes first?

1953, Inua Wada, NPC, massacre of Igbos in the north.

Igbo people have not gone to the streets to protest against Tinubulation . North and South West have organized many protests against hardship of Tinubulation. But Peter Obi keeps giving you guys nightmares.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Warns Ohanaeze Ndigbo Against Apologising To Northern Nigeria Over 1966Coup by magoo10(m): 6:31pm On May 05
The coup was carried out by the military and not Ndigbo.

The igbo people did not send anyone whether military to carry out coup on their behalf.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Warns Ohanaeze Ndigbo Against Apologising To Northern Nigeria Over 1966Coup by Reflect7: 6:33pm On May 05
Igbos and HYPOCRISY.

Imagine if it was the other way round, and in 1966, Hausa officers stormed the Igbo Prime Minister’s residence and shot him dead, then stormed the Eastern regional leader Michael Okpara’s residence and shot him dead, along with other Igbo leaders, all the while sparing ALL the Hausa-Fulani leaders.

WOULD THESE IPOB DEVILS say

“Oh it wasn’t an Hausa coup. It was just some military boys. They have nothing to do with Hausas.’’

We all know the answer to that.

Disgusting hypocrites.

Your hypocrisy wears a hat and carries a walking stick.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Warns Ohanaeze Ndigbo Against Apologising To Northern Nigeria Over 1966Coup by EreluRoz: 6:34pm On May 05
jmoore:

Ignorance at its peak!

1953 and 1966, which comes first?

1953, Inua Wada, NPC, massacre of Igbos in the north.

Igbo people have not gone to the streets to protest against Tinubulation . North and South West have organized many protests against hardship of Tinubulation. But Peter Obi keeps giving you guys nightmares.
What led to the massacre, I have people I'm hearing original gist from, people in the system and not what you read on the internet. I don't want to talk so as not to cause wahala because na my own dy get salt for this nairaland. Betrayal and not keeping to agreement led to so many things that led to that war. Let me stop here for now.
As for peter obi you want to turn blind eyes to his style of campaign during the election abi hmmm
Re: IPOB Warns Ohanaeze Ndigbo Against Apologising To Northern Nigeria Over 1966Coup by Godfullsam(m): 6:36pm On May 05
Igbos are cowards

They should better do the needful by offering apology to their slave masters up north.

Now, we all can see who are truly unity beggars.
Re: IPOB Warns Ohanaeze Ndigbo Against Apologising To Northern Nigeria Over 1966Coup by jmoore(m): 6:47pm On May 05
EreluRoz:
What led to the massacre, I have people I'm hearing original gist from, people in the system and not what you read on the internet. I don't want to talk so as not to cause wahala because na my own dy get salt for this nairaland.
The people you are hearing from are obviously mentally deranged.

History now is not beer parlour talk.

1953 massacre of Igbo people in the north organized by Inua Wada of NPC is a well documented incident.

Published books are available on internet. Live scores of football matches are on internet. It is sheer ignorance to dismiss an info because it is on internet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Warns Ohanaeze Ndigbo Against Apologising To Northern Nigeria Over 1966Coup by rinzaugustine: 6:48pm On May 05
EreluRoz:

Shalom
That poorly Concoted fake news is from the usual Agbados that are obsessed with igbos because the north and Yorubas are the ones that should apologize for killing Aguiyi Ironsi so any igbo person that goes to north to apologize knows he is not coming back to igbo land again. On the other hand If tinubu doesn’t apologize for what he did to north they might start massacre of Yorubas there soon. The last one was shelved temporarily because he told Ariwola to do the right thing in Kwakwanso case

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Warns Ohanaeze Ndigbo Against Apologising To Northern Nigeria Over 1966Coup by Rantingpiglets: 10:36pm On May 05
Apologize?

Did The North Apologize for Muritala Mohammed Coups?
Did they apologize for IBB, Abacha, BUHARI Coups

Yoruba woman .. hear this again from an IGBO MAN.. thunder fire Sultan and the worthless clowns.

If you want to use it as Propaganda, proceed. But never involve IGBOs in your worthless servitude to the same people that made the country a disgrace amongst Nations.

God Punish them.

God Bless IPOB..

EreluRoz:

Shalom
Re: IPOB Warns Ohanaeze Ndigbo Against Apologising To Northern Nigeria Over 1966Coup by ebufa: 11:27pm On May 05
EreluRoz:

Shalom

Did you drink the kerosene meant for cooking your family's dinner before posting this your rubbish, so the APC that rigged and bought the 2023 presidentil elections are not looking for war and bloodshed, whar about those APC thugs that killed and maimed igbo voters in Lagos!

you must be suffering kero induced delirium!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Warns Ohanaeze Ndigbo Against Apologising To Northern Nigeria Over 1966Coup by Chrisrare: 8:12pm On May 06

(1) (Reply)

Soludo S Urchins Deceiving People On Non-existent Funcity. / Con Award Thrills Orji / $9.3m Arms Deal: Source Confirms Oritsejafor Is Involved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.