Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,022 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Does Anyone Know Of A Free Online Course On Internet Security? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Does Anyone Know Of A Free Online Course On Internet Security? (2077 Views)

Get 6 Months AVG Internet Security 2013 Serial Keys Now ! / Does Anyone Know About Search Engine Optimization? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Anyone Know Of A Free Online Course On Internet Security? by chidebe: 7:29pm On Nov 21, 2011
I recently completed a free online course in WEB DEVELOPMENT. Now I want to learn INTERNET SECURITY. I ve googled the topic severally but l ve not been able to identify a reasonably good program on the net. I went through the SANS website a few minutes ago and discovered they actually fees for their course materials in addition to the tuition for certification. Does anyone know any fairly good FREE INTERNET SECURITY COURSE on the net? Will appreciate any info in that regard.
Re: Does Anyone Know Of A Free Online Course On Internet Security? by Slyr0x: 8:22pm On Nov 21, 2011
Ethical Hacking you mean?
Re: Does Anyone Know Of A Free Online Course On Internet Security? by donramshey: 11:22pm On Nov 21, 2011
Can you give me the site where you did the WEB DEVELOPMENT online
Re: Does Anyone Know Of A Free Online Course On Internet Security? by chidebe: 11:58am On Nov 22, 2011
@SlyrOx, No I mean a comprehensive course on web security. Ethical hacking, I think, is just a small part of internet security.

@donramshey, the name of the site is w3schools.com. Most of the course content is about the basics of web development. You may need to read additional materials for indept knowledge.
Re: Does Anyone Know Of A Free Online Course On Internet Security? by Slyr0x: 1:13pm On Nov 22, 2011
chidebe:

@SlyrOx, No I mean a comprehensive course on web security. Ethical hacking, I think, is just a small part of internet security.

Web Security is more appropriate. .When you say "Internet Security", the 1st thing that comes to mind is "staying safe while surfing the web" with solutions like Anti-Virus, Pop-up blockers, Anti-Malware etc. . .

There's this Web Security Book I'ld recommend The Web Application Hackers Handbook by Dafydd Stuttard, Marcus Pinto. .Drop yo email, lemme send you the ebook.

There are also lots of security forums you could join like GovernmentSecurity and [url=http://www.ethicalhacker.net/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,54/]EthicalHacker.NET[/url].
Re: Does Anyone Know Of A Free Online Course On Internet Security? by chidebe: 2:18pm On Nov 22, 2011
SlyrOx, my email address is chidec2001@yahoo.com. I will look up the forums you recommended. Thanks.
Re: Does Anyone Know Of A Free Online Course On Internet Security? by nihinlade(m): 4:06pm On Nov 22, 2011
nihinladejoe@yahoo.com pls send to me as well
Re: Does Anyone Know Of A Free Online Course On Internet Security? by chidebe: 1:52pm On Nov 23, 2011
@SlyrOx, am still waiting for the ebook you promised to send me.
Re: Does Anyone Know Of A Free Online Course On Internet Security? by chidebe: 6:45pm On Nov 24, 2011
@SlyrOx, thanks for the e-book.
Re: Does Anyone Know Of A Free Online Course On Internet Security? by katieadward: 7:40pm On Mar 28, 2013
HACKViDHi offers free course in web programmings basics and ethical hacking; you can get more details from here --> http://hackvidhi.com/courses.php.
Re: Does Anyone Know Of A Free Online Course On Internet Security? by LeBlack: 7:38am On Mar 29, 2013
@@SlyrOx, pls I need the book too. lasnasy@yahoo.com
Re: Does Anyone Know Of A Free Online Course On Internet Security? by Charleebro(m): 10:23am On Mar 29, 2013
Exactly my current predicament. Been looking for a web security e-book. Slyrox, pls send to me as well...talk2charles4sure@yahoo.com
Re: Does Anyone Know Of A Free Online Course On Internet Security? by Lovetinz(m): 10:59am On Mar 29, 2013
Slyrox, Please rock my day!
My email is louis7x7@gmail.com
Re: Does Anyone Know Of A Free Online Course On Internet Security? by Snippets(m): 3:21pm On Mar 29, 2013
@Slyrox

Able Moderator Sly.

Please can u email me the Ebook on Web security

Email is snnippets @ gmail . com

Thanks in Advance
Re: Does Anyone Know Of A Free Online Course On Internet Security? by funkymedina: 8:36pm On Mar 29, 2013
go to piratebay and help urselves..torrent that shi**t grin

(1) (Reply)

Anyone With Knowledge About Web Designing? / Introducing Nigeria's First Funny Pictures And Memes Directory. / Article Writers Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.