Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,314 members, 7,839,509 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio (6895 Views)

Saraki, Dogara’s Inability To Deliver Speech, Sign Of Weakness Says Akpabio / I Joined APC To Help FG Fight Corruption, Says Akpabio / Udom Emmanuel Remains My Governor And A Godfather To My Children, Says Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by ijustdey: 12:05pm On May 08
Senate President Godswill Akpabio on Tuesday, May 7, lamented that foreigners are earning more from mining the nation’s solid minerals than Nigerians.

Akpabio made this assertion in his speech before declaring open a three day investigative hearing on: “The need to comprehensively review the input and output values of the Nigeria mining industry in the light of its general role to economic diversification, foreign exchange earnings and social inclusion” in Abuja.

The public hearing was organised by the Senate Committee on Solid Minerals Development chaired by Senator Sampson Ekong (PDP – Akwa Ibom South.

Akpabio further said that the foreigners after exploitating the solid minerals and benefiting from them maximally, often leave behind a tale of woes including insecurity.

He said time has come for the country to benefit from the mining sector while challenging stakeholders at the event to discuss the challenges that have hindered the growth of the mining sector and come up with a way forward.

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-foreigners-earning-more-from-mining-than-nigerians-says-akpabio/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by Urheadmaster(m): 5:08pm On May 08
angry

Tinubu I'll handle the economy while shettima take charge of security challenges in Nigeria tongue

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by NwaNimo1(m): 5:09pm On May 08
Like that is strange in Africa?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by Yemi4real3(m): 5:09pm On May 08
What did you expecting from tax pr
Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by saintjimos(m): 5:09pm On May 08
Who provides security for the foreigners

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by whippersnapper(m): 5:09pm On May 08
Aren't they the ones causing insecurity and banditry in the country.
Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by Redomi(m): 5:10pm On May 08
Who gave the foreigners go ahead?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by WorkTheTalk(m): 5:10pm On May 08
Oga, president. You mean foreigners sneak into Nigeria, find their ways to mining sites, mine our mineral resources and leave without encounter with law enforcement agencies?

Ok, now I understand: Illegal miners sell our natural resources to foreigners for peanuts.
But does a common man in the society have access to mining sites in Nigeria, if not as a laborer? Are the mining sites not illegally explored by the same thieves in government?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by tuzle(m): 5:10pm On May 08
What a joke. Who gave this foreigners permission to mine on our lands, is it not the government and the fact this foreigners use Nigerians to do all the work and they earn all the profit. If government didn't give them chance, they won't be able to mine here, forget about all this illegal miners they term them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by fredoooooo: 5:11pm On May 08
Who gave dem the chance, no be uba .. Bascads

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by goodconsience77: 5:12pm On May 08
Kilo Kan mi nibe. (What consign me) If they make it more foreign country will they tell me.
Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by Skillsnigeria: 5:13pm On May 08
Okay
Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by melow666: 5:13pm On May 08
When he means "Nigerians", he means himself not you or me. That Akpabuyo is a proper dunce.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by Quintessence44: 5:14pm On May 08
So long as you have noticed and want to rectify the unacceptable situation, Nigerians are behind you Mr Akpabio.
Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by trevorlinda: 5:14pm On May 08
shebi na una gave dem the authority

u guys rate dem above we the real citizen...
Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by Military0001: 5:15pm On May 08
H
Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by BrutusOj(m): 5:15pm On May 08
See who is talking. Politicians are the ones behind most of the foreigners into mining in Nigeria. They collaborate with Chinese in particular to run mining company making the expatriates get licenses at ease.

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by Macdeey: 5:15pm On May 08
cool
So make una help indigenous minners now 😎

No be to dey open mouth dey Yan wetin Wey we already now about 😕
Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by CheapHomes1: 5:18pm On May 08
who is he telling? if he knows it is a problem, what has he done to fix it?
Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by kennyz247(m): 5:18pm On May 08
We are really scammed by ds papa called "Tinubu"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by ednut1(m): 5:18pm On May 08
The guys in the north have been mining gold and smuggling to UAE for decades. Also zinc, copper and lead .

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by ChizzyBuna(m): 5:18pm On May 08
Ok
Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by SensualMan: 5:19pm On May 08
Foreigners are cashing out and the sophisticated people and their papa are screaming

Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by ourcrudeoil: 5:21pm On May 08
And you are sitting there...
Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by TrackerSK: 5:22pm On May 08
Mumu man
Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by Ceasarceasar: 5:22pm On May 08
Akpabio our next president...
Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by Felabrity: 5:22pm On May 08
Especially in the North where they are using bandits to cover it up

They use terrorists to hijack the lands and start exploiting them

Check most communities in Zamfara

The government and all are involved

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by id4sho(m): 5:23pm On May 08
Why are African communities where natural resources are mined from poor/violence prone , Who do us undecided

Crude oil from Niger delta
Tin from Jos
Lithium, cobalt from Congo
Gold from north-west
Lithium from Nasarawa/Kaduna
It's crazy, this Chinese guys are cashing out real-time shocked

FG should setup trading companies.

Tinubu will soon remember them

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Earning More From Mining Than Nigerians, Says Akpabio by meum: 5:24pm On May 08
Old news. Did he just realize this or pretending to care?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Extreme Capitalism Is Not Suitable For Nigeria - Please Vote! / Pictures Don't Lie, Tell Me What You Think Of Buhari After Seeing This Pic / 9th Assembly: " Ignore The Lies I Am Still In The Race For Speakership" - Onyeji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.