Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,148 members, 7,849,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:37 AM

See The Reason For The HIGHER COST Of Food Items In Nigeria: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Reason For The HIGHER COST Of Food Items In Nigeria: (228 Views)

EndSARS: Calabar Hoodlums Begin Dumping Of Looted Items In Waste Bins (Photo) / Senator Stella Oduah Shares Food Items In Anambra / Akeredolu Starts The Distribution Of Food Items In Ondo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Reason For The HIGHER COST Of Food Items In Nigeria: by WorkRemotely: 6:03pm On May 08
See The Reason For The HIGHER COST Of Food Items in Nigeria:

The Rampant Killings of Benue Farmers For Over 8 Years In Nigeria Is The ROOT CAUSE Of The High Cost of Food Items in Nigeria.

No Doubt; The High Cost of Petrol Has Contributed Also To The High Cost of Conveying And Waybilling Food Items in Nigeria.

However - We Are Already Seeing The GRUESOME EFFECT of The Ruthless And Uncontrolled Killings of Rural Farmers in Benue State Which is THE FOOD BASKET OF NIGERIA.

It Appears Vividly That:

" The Poverty of Insecurity of Human Lives And Properties" Had To Find It's Way Into The Food Basket of Our Economy.

Yet;

Despite The Advantage of The Technology, Internet And Nairaland;

We Are Yet To Align As A People To Bring About A Lasting Solution To The Community WAR That Has Been Killing Our Rural Farmers For Close To A Decade Now.

If We Want A Better Nigeria;

We Need To Deliberate On Taking Real Actions To Stop Brutal Killings of Rural Farmers In Nigeria.

Re: See The Reason For The HIGHER COST Of Food Items In Nigeria: by ProjectsCityNG: 6:21pm On May 08
High cost of herbicides

High cost of tractor operations

High cost of manual workers

Scarcity of farm labour

High cost of fuel for farm operations. I am buying 1,600 Naira per litre and I have to move with motorcycle daily.

The economy is inter connected. One expensive resource costs that is affected affects others. Example I bought bag of elubo for 30k before. It rose by 10k in just one week.

High cost of fertilizers. What I would spend 30,000 Naira before per acre now costs 75,000 Naira per acre within a space of five years

High cost of general maintenance operations, just feeding my workers before harvest, I am spending 150-250k monthly on feeding my inhouse workers

Work implements costs. Ordinary power tillers a farmer should have costs 300,000 Naira.

No single financial institutions gives loans. Nigerians are unwilling to partner with farmers. I have tamed the entire Fulani in my community but to get the little funds to push project to completion has been hard because the government policies is affecting us badly
Re: See The Reason For The HIGHER COST Of Food Items In Nigeria: by WorkRemotely: 6:31pm On May 08
ProjectsCityNG:
High cost of herbicides

High cost of tractor operations

High cost of manual workers

Scarcity of farm labour

High cost of fuel for farm operations. I am buying 1,600 Naira per litre and I have to move with motorcycle daily.

The economy is inter connected. One expensive resource costs that is affected affects others. Example I bought bag of elubo for 30k before. It rose by 10k in just one week.

High cost of fertilizers. What I would spend 30,000 Naira before per acre now costs 75,000 Naira per acre within a space of five years

High cost of general maintenance operations, just feeding my workers before harvest, I am spending 150-250k monthly on feeding my inhouse workers

Work implements costs. Ordinary power tillers a farmer should have costs 300,000 Naira.

No single financial institutions gives loans. Nigerians are unwilling to partner with farmers. I have tamed the entire Fulani in my community but to get the little funds to push project to completion has been hard because the government policies is affecting us badly

True.

This is Another Dimension.

Majority of These Stems From The High Cost of Fuel.
Re: See The Reason For The HIGHER COST Of Food Items In Nigeria: by ProjectsCityNG: 6:33pm On May 08
WorkRemotely:

True.

This is Another Dimension.

Majority of These Stems From The High Cost of Fuel.

I have spent at least 2.5 M and still in the process. Fuel now ruined everything. My passive funds for project development is bleeding
Re: See The Reason For The HIGHER COST Of Food Items In Nigeria: by WorkRemotely: 5:04pm On May 10
ProjectsCityNG:

I have spent at least 2.5 M and still in the process. Fuel now ruined everything. My passive funds for project development is bleeding

Why Not Go Solar For Your Project ?

What is Your Project All About ?

(1) (Reply)

Security Arrests Man Trying To Detonate Explosives Inside UBA Bank In Jos / Sim Fubara’s Political Mind Games / Inflation Battle: ‘there’s No Magic Wand, But…’ – Cardoso, CBN Gov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.