Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,997 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party (1325 Views)

Police Takeover Edo Assembly, APC Set To Remove Speaker, Inaugurate 14 Members / Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Form ‘new APC’, Set To Join PDP / Lagos APC Set To Sue NWC For Nullifying Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party by press9jatv: 12:01pm On May 09
Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party
Going by the recent comment by a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress in Osun, Prince Adebayo Adeleke, affectionately known as Banik, who came hard on the former governor of the state, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, for making himself instrument of balkanisation and destruction in the progressive fold, stating that the former governor could no longer be regarded as a governor produced by the party.
Banik expressed this opinion on Wednesday at the senatorial meeting of the party in Osun Central held at the party secretariat, Ogo-oluwa, Osogbo, when making clarification to some statements attributed to the National Secretary of the APC, Senator Ajibola Basiru ( SRJ).
According to Banik, “Statement made by our National Secretary, Senator Basiru Ajibola SRJ was poorly reported. He didn’t say Ogbeni Aregbesola had ceased to be a former governor of the state. What he said was Ogbeni had by his past anti-party activities and continued combative attitude to the party cut himself away from us, hence it is safe to say he is no longer part of the party. We in APC know Aregbesola is no longer our member.”
The former Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs recalled how Aregbesola mobilized his lieutenants and supporters to work against the party during presidential, governorship and other elections, as well as how he mocked the party for its electoral misfortune at the Supreme Court.
A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress in Osun, Prince Adebayo Adeleke, affectionately known as Banik, has come hard on the former governor of the state, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, for making himself instrument of balkanisation and destruction in the progressive fold, stating that the former governor could no longer be regarded as a governor produced by the party.
- -
).
- Banik said a committed member of the party, particularly a former governor and minister should not have engaged in brazen anti-party activities as Aregbesola did, advising the Ijesa-born politician to seek political truce with his leader and benefactor, President Bola Tinubu, if he is still interested to be accorded the deserved respects within the party.

https://www.thecapital.ng/aregbesola-to-dump-apc-set-to-announce-new-party/

Re: Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party by press9jatv: 12:02pm On May 09
Hmm 🤔 politics is very deep. Funny enough, Adeleke too will be rejected in the poll. 2026 election will be tough

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party by helinues: 12:08pm On May 09
Hahahah when Apc dumped him long time ago
Re: Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party by illicit(m): 12:14pm On May 09
Baba Hafusa lol

Baba Half salary

🥵
Re: Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party by Dreal1247: 12:17pm On May 09
This man as a Governor is wickedness personified. Imagine denying the workers of their monthly pay for a prolonged period of time

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party by afroniger: 12:28pm On May 09
press9jatv:
Hmm 🤔 politics is very deep. Funny enough, Adeleke too will be rejected in the poll. 2026 election will be tough

Dey play. I can bet you any amount that Adeleke will win reelection. Not because he has performed creditably (no, in fact I think he is the worst governor of the state till date), but rather because Osun people seem to like his jovial nature. It'll be very difficult, if not impossible, for anyone to defeat him in '26. For that reason I kind of feel Osun people are not serious but I'm just speaking the facts on ground. Nobody can defeat him in 2026.

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party by happney65: 12:31pm On May 09
illicit:
Baba Hafusa lol

Baba Half salary

🥵

How dare you call him half salary? How? grin when your salaries have been made to do roads. So you can go ahead and start eating the roads starting from the "workers road" he built.

I think I saw some people eating the road cheesy

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party by press9jatv: 12:32pm On May 09
afroniger:

Dey play. I can bet you any amount that Adeleke will win reelection. Not because he has performed creditably (no, in fact I think he is the worst governor of the state till date), but rather because Osun people seem to like his jovial nature. It'll be very difficult, if not impossible, for anyone to defeat him in '26. For that reason I kind of feel Osun people are not serious but I'm just speaking the facts on ground. Nobody can defeat him in 2026.
Adeleke is a goner, you don’t understand Osun State politics at all. The handwriting of Adeleke defeat is on the wall already.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party by seunmsg(m): 12:34pm On May 09
Rauf lost his political relevance a long time ago. He’s a spent force thst the part can do without. We wish him well in his new political adventure.

7 Likes

Re: Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party by afroniger: 12:41pm On May 09
press9jatv:
Adeleke is a goner, you don’t understand Osun State politics at all. The handwriting of Adeleke defeat is on the wall already.

Yinmu.
Re: Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party by Xscape1993(m): 12:43pm On May 09
Anybody can be governor or president in Nigeria and that is why the country is like this.
Re: Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party by press9jatv: 1:16pm On May 09
afroniger:

Yinmu.
I don hear you
Re: Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party by kestolove95(m): 1:40pm On May 09
Betrayal he should go pls
Re: Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party by Jostoman: 1:46pm On May 09
They want Aregbesola to talk by force but e be like say the man no get their time.
Re: Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party by helinues: 1:46pm On May 09
press9jatv:

Wait oo, wetin happened with Adeleke?

I noticed you have been more concern about SW generally lately.. Upon how you campaigned for Adeleke

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party by Jostoman: 1:49pm On May 09
helinues:

I noticed you have been more concern about SW generally lately.. Upon how you campaigned for Adeleke
Aregbe thread don turn to Adeleke thread. Una no go ever disappoint.
Re: Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party by helinues: 1:50pm On May 09
Jostoman:
Aregbe thread don turn to Adeleke thread. Una no go ever disappoint.

Stop jumping on my mentions with your fixated mindset

Go back to what you quote and this time read it slowly

Una go just dey disgrace una self anyhow with cho cho

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party by press9jatv: 2:17pm On May 09
helinues:

the electorates say no to reelection bid and also failed woefully beyond redemption in governance. Adeleke is a goner. Ask Osun people
Re: Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party by Emzedz: 3:13pm On May 09
One of the most incompetent former minister.
Very myopic n lacking drive to success.
Re: Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party by INTEGRITYA1(m): 4:30pm On May 09
Okay, bye bye.

Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo is currently showing us that Minister of Interior assignments is more than just sitting down and be announcing public holidays, unlike Aregbesola the public holidays announcer.

I no be APC member and I don't belong to any political party in Nigeria yet.

I'm progressive.

In case you want to quote me.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party by Melagros(m): 5:32pm On May 09
COMRADES, may the entire APC's structure collapse
Re: Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party by GeneralPula: 5:33pm On May 09
afroniger:

Don’t play yourself..
Re: Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party by Elusive001: 5:56pm On May 09
Dreal1247:
This man as a Governor is wickedness personified. Imagine denying the workers of their monthly pay for a prolonged period of time

That the kind of characters that Hell-anus, Yarimu, vulture griller, etc supported. BATerians are im-p-s.
Re: Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party by AcadaWriter: 6:17pm On May 09
Hahahah when the Party dumped him long time ago
Re: Aregbesola To Dump APC, Set To Announce New Party by virginchaser(m): 6:31pm On May 09
Can these people ever do anything away from the party?

(1) (Reply)

Which group of people Should be enrolled to conduct the 2006 census? / They Shot, They Ruled, They Stole / Who Will Bell This Gap Tooth Cat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.