Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,947 members, 7,838,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Opinion: Why Naira Lose Value After Crypto Ban By Mobile Banks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Why Naira Lose Value After Crypto Ban By Mobile Banks (424 Views)

Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga / Help!Which Other Mobile Banks Allows Me To Do 50k Transactions Without Bvn / FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Why Naira Lose Value After Crypto Ban By Mobile Banks by Jagabanbattle: 12:58pm On May 11
After the ban of crypto transactions and threats to customers by mobile banks as directed by CBN, Naira has drastically lost its value. In my own opinion, there are two reasons that resulted in Naira falling and they are;

(1) Increase demand for dollar: Most traders especially gadget traders and Jewelry traders does not request dollar directly from BDC or CBN for their business before the threats from mobile banks/CBN. Instead, they purchase cryptocurrency to import gadgets/jewelries since most electronics retailers and Jewelers abroad accepts cryptocurrency. Since CBN criminalized cryptocurrency trading, the demand for dollar increased and Naira started falling. Note: Those who import cars also use cryptocurrency.

(2) Decrease in Naira demand: There are two players in cryptocurrency trading (Buyers/Sellers). Buyers bring Naira and Sellers bring Cryptocurrency to the trade. Either CBN ban crypto or not, seller will always have their crypto currency while buyer who only has Naira has been rendered useless. This means there’s no demand for Naira in crypto trading anymore. Naira has been rendered useless by the CBN. My question to CBN is this, how does making naira worthless in crypto trading helps Naira?

The only problem of Naira when it comes to bitcoin trading are those that launder naira. When there’s excess Naira in the market by money launderers, Naira will be devalued. But instead of CBN attacking money launderers, CBN attacked naira itself by criminalizing crypto trading using Nigeria banks. Where will the demand for Naira come from? Why should I keep Naira that can’t buy cryptocurrency? It’s a stupid decision by CBN and they spoiled all the gains they made with Naira by this useless directive. This is just my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Naira Lose Value After Crypto Ban By Mobile Banks by Carazon: 1:03pm On May 11
Everybody for Nigeria na economist.
Re: Opinion: Why Naira Lose Value After Crypto Ban By Mobile Banks by Jagabanbattle: 1:05pm On May 11
Carazon:
Everybody for Nigeria na economist.

I believe everyone studied economics in primary and secondary school. Unless you dropped out in primary 2.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Why Naira Lose Value After Crypto Ban By Mobile Banks by Righthussle: 1:11pm On May 11
Jagabanbattle:

I believe everyone studied economics in primary and secondary school. Unless you dropped out in primary 2.

🤣🤣
Re: Opinion: Why Naira Lose Value After Crypto Ban By Mobile Banks by Prosper91(m): 1:58pm On May 11
Fg should ban Bournvita,Bet9ja ShopRite for naira to gain value.
Stupid set of people in government
Re: Opinion: Why Naira Lose Value After Crypto Ban By Mobile Banks by Floky215: 2:03pm On May 11
Jagabanbattle:

No..always going to climb mango tree to pluck mango when others are in the class..!!
Re: Opinion: Why Naira Lose Value After Crypto Ban By Mobile Banks by jude79(m): 5:25pm On May 11
Jagabanbattle:

Finishing!!!

Re: Opinion: Why Naira Lose Value After Crypto Ban By Mobile Banks by helinues: 5:28pm On May 11
Toh
Re: Opinion: Why Naira Lose Value After Crypto Ban By Mobile Banks by Difrent: 5:41pm On May 11
Jagabanbattle:
After the ban of crypto transactions and threats to customers by mobile banks as directed by CBN, Naira has drastically lost its value. In my own opinion, there are two reasons that resulted in Naira falling and they are;

(1) Increase demand for dollar: Most traders especially gadget traders and Jewelry traders does not request dollar directly from BDC or CBN for their business before the threats from mobile banks/CBN. Instead, they purchase cryptocurrency to import gadgets/jewelries since most electronics retailers and Jewelers abroad accepts cryptocurrency. Since CBN criminalized cryptocurrency trading, the demand for dollar increased and Naira started falling. Note: Those who import cars also use cryptocurrency.

(2) Decrease in Naira demand: There are two players in cryptocurrency trading (Buyers/Sellers). Buyers bring Naira and Sellers bring Cryptocurrency to the trade. Either CBN ban crypto or not, seller will always have their crypto currency while buyer who only has Naira has been rendered useless. This means there’s no demand for Naira in crypto trading anymore. Naira has been rendered useless by the CBN. My question to CBN is this, how does making naira worthless in crypto trading helps Naira?

The only problem of Naira when it comes to bitcoin trading are those that launder naira. When there’s excess Naira in the market by money launderers, Naira will be devalued. But instead of CBN attacking money launderers, CBN attacked naira itself by criminalizing crypto trading using Nigeria banks. Where will the demand for Naira come from? Why should I keep Naira that can’t buy cryptocurrency? It’s a stupid decision by CBN and they spoiled all the gains they made with Naira by this useless directive. This is just my opinion.

We have enaira
Any serious legit businessman can still make use of enaira
Or am I missing something?
Re: Opinion: Why Naira Lose Value After Crypto Ban By Mobile Banks by Jagabanbattle: 6:06pm On May 11
Difrent:

We have enaira
Any serious legit businessman can still make use of enaira
Or am I missing something?

Enaira is not an accepted crypto in the crypto world. Anyone can start any crypto coin and call it whatever he/she likes (just like enaira). No business organization abroad that accept cryptocurrency will accept enaira as mode of payment.
Re: Opinion: Why Naira Lose Value After Crypto Ban By Mobile Banks by maybet081: 6:29pm On May 11
What you said is correct.

As the government ban crypto platforms, the few remaining usdt merchants will increase their prices because of scarcity and demand pressures.

The more government fights crypto the more it gets worse
Re: Opinion: Why Naira Lose Value After Crypto Ban By Mobile Banks by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:53am On May 12
Jagabanbattle:

Months ago when dollar hit 1,800 what was the reason?

There was no crypto crackdown at the time, kindly explain

This mess cannot be easily explained, otherwise the CBN would've solved the puzzle SINCEEE

(1) (Reply)

Tukur's Planned Visit To Osun Stirs Up Controversy / N300m Fraud: You’ve No Powers To Try Me Again - Pension Thief, Yusufu Tells EFCC / I Have No Hand In Lamido/Amaechi Posters-Gov Aliyu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.