Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Favorite Yoruba Lectures? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Favorite Yoruba Lectures? (6902 Views)

Professor Hassanain Rajabali Muharram 2012 English Lectures / Muharram 2012 English Lectures: "Reliving Karbala" / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Favorite Yoruba Lectures? by AlNayjere: 6:47pm On Nov 22, 2011
Asalaamu Alaikum Everyone,

I'd like to find some really good Yoruba lectures for a family member, but I'm not really sure which sheikhs are the best. I'd really appreciate it if you all could post links to videos (youtube, or whatever) or audio that you've found really beneficial. I think material that would help to better understand/appreciate the qur'an, or to increase faith would be best for now, as opposed to videos on very specific details of Islamic practice. Inshallah I think videos that very firmly push away from false "cultural" beliefs (yall know what I mean! lol), or encourage the either that real Islam is the real standard of morality, would be excellent. The hard thing is finding a sheikh that preaches this in a way that the common Lagosian Yoruba woman wouldn't just consider the sheikh too foreign and irrelevant, and start throwing out "awon larubawa" smiley Thanks for all your help, JazakumAllahu khaira!
Re: Favorite Yoruba Lectures? by AlNayjere: 6:48pm On Nov 22, 2011
whoops, I meant *or encourage that real Islam is the real standard of morality, would be excellent,
Re: Favorite Yoruba Lectures? by olsmade(m): 7:54pm On Nov 27, 2011
U can get some on dawahnigeria.com. All d best. I hope you benefit from them.
Re: Favorite Yoruba Lectures? by AlNayjere: 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2011
Thank you so much for providing this link; this is really helpful, May Allah reward immensely!
Re: Favorite Yoruba Lectures? by tpia5: 12:52am On Nov 28, 2011
Re: Favorite Yoruba Lectures? by AlNayjere: 1:54am On Nov 28, 2011
hmm, actually I'm not too fond of that one; I'm interested in lectures that teach us something, instead of those that simply berate others. I don't know the lecturer so I can't say I don't like his lectures in general, but certainly not lectures like that, Thank you for your input though!

(1) (Reply)

Exposing This Evil Religion Called Islam - Confession Of A Muslim / Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? / Religious Authority, Sistani Condemns Cursing Prophet Mohammed’s Companions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.