Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,727 members, 7,955,766 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:33 PM

GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors (3476 Views)

Northern Royal Fathers Meet With Igbo Royal Fathers In Owerri / A Jubilant Crowd Welcomes Buhari To France / President Buhari Travels To Germany With Fashola, Dambazau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by VoodooDoll(m): 11:29am On Nov 24, 2011
IF we must criticise GEJ 95% of the time, let's also give him credit when he does right.

GEJ is in France hustling for Naija - good.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201111240100.html

The UK Financial Times also has an 18 page report on Nigeria -

http://media.ft.com/cms/be320366-14b3-11e1-8367-00144feabdc0.pdf

Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan left for France on Wednesday for a meeting to attract foreign investment into the oil-rich but corruption-ridden country, his office said.

Jonathan will also have lunch with his French counterpart Nicolas Sarkozy during his three-day visit. He is leading a high-powered delegation of government officials and top Nigerian businessmen.

The investment meeting is to be held under the aegis of a so-called Honorary International Investor Council (HIIC), an outfit of prominent global and domestic investors that advises the Nigerian government on economic matters.

The council's goals are to influence investment decisions by major companies and countries to Africa's most populous nation.

Kashim Shettima, the governor of Borno, Nigeria's northeastern state, where a radical Islamist sect Boko Haram has carried out a myriad of deadly gun and bomb attacks in the past two years, will speak about internal security. - embarassed lipsrsealed

Former managing director of the World Bank and now Nigeria's Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and the country's central bank governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, will also address participants.

Some of the members of the HIIC expected at the meeting are top officials from the French oil giant Total, Anglo-Dutch's Shell, computer firm Hewlett Packard, Japanese car producer Mitsubishi Corporation and leading global financial services group Credit Suisse.

Nigeria is France's largest trading partner in sub-Saharan Africa. French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe was in Nigeria earlier this month and vowed to help the country in its war against extremism.
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by egift(m): 12:25pm On Nov 24, 2011
Good.

Hope he did not go to france with 170 Australia 2.0 grin

Jonathan fix things in Nigeria, investors will come begging. You will not out-travel OBJ.
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by Demdem(m): 1:13pm On Nov 24, 2011
I also hope the retardeen will keep his DICKSON in check this time around. Safe trip.
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by obowunmi(m): 1:37pm On Nov 24, 2011
Africans are stupid as always. France does not Nigeria's best interest at heart. Stupid leaders.
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by hakanai(m): 1:55pm On Nov 24, 2011
Good move GEJ.Thought you need to do more when you get back.Right move!!!!.GEJ why not call in china,I mean as an alternative.The west will come naturally.Because of beefing.Its easier to bring the Chinese and also its more advantageous.Considering they respect local laws and are open to such regulations.Not a case where you are given conditions to be met before they come under maybe like in the case of USA and UK.
China is doing well now and even the west is trying to get help from them.Things have changed.We have alot in common with china and they could simply add the edge to move us further into the next level.They have a huge population and have managed it well.Industries in china are closed and more are discouraged because of there crazy growth.With good regulation we could woo those Chinese investors and all that.They are good in Agriculture,cheap energy and industrialization.We need cheap and fast power to come in now.We didn't start or have the largest green house emission and it won't hurt to try ours until we are rich enough to go clean energy.
They don't meddle in local affairs and always supportive of the government.Which is critically needed in the case of GEJ.They do sub standard but with specification and regulation even the west goes to them for quality and mass production.
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by OAM4J: 2:40pm On Nov 24, 2011
Good! Hope something positive comes out of it.

egift:

Good.

Hope he did not go to france with 170 Australia 2.0 grin

Jonathan fix things in Nigeria, investors will come begging. You will not out-travel OBJ.

lol grin

I guess he needs Investors to help him fix things in Nigeria. undecided
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by igbo2011(m): 2:45pm On Nov 24, 2011
He is an IDIOT!! Invest starts at HOME. FIx the electricity, roads, education and healthcare and people will come to Nigeria just like they did China. The Chinese had GREAT infrastrucutre that is why they had so many investors come there. GEJ is so stupid. He is a disgrace to Nigerians.
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by UyiIredia(m): 2:49pm On Nov 24, 2011
I would have been happier if it was China. Each action this man takes makes me like him even less.
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by gregg2: 2:54pm On Nov 24, 2011
The idea is to remove subsidy and deregulate petrol
so that Shell and Total can come establish refineries.
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by PointB: 3:00pm On Nov 24, 2011
Is there any fact to suggest that the Chinese do not have a significant presence in Nigeria? Or are we suggesting we do business only with Chinese and ignore the west completely?

I think the best strategy is to get as many people as possible on board.

Personally I prefer the French to the Chinese when quality is the issue.
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by anishe(m): 3:02pm On Nov 24, 2011
On a fruitlless mission. if the economy is in shamble and their is insecurity everywhere in the country, no investor will bring his/her fortune to invest in Nigeria.

Another big white elephant project. Sure some Nigerians will maake money from his fruitless mission.
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by nazzyon(m): 3:03pm On Nov 24, 2011
Despite the fact that the government knows that our economy is not viable they still go out to invite investors.

If your crops are healthy others will believe the land is the most suitable for plantation.

Even Nigerian investors are leaving the country to invest in the neighbouring African countries.

Any sane person will not make the choice of investing in Nigeria if there is no inkling of a return in investment.

I fear for my country.

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan we want a better Nigeria.
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by executinal(m): 3:39pm On Nov 24, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

I would have been happier if it was China. Each action this man takes makes me like him even less.
Still people like you always complain that made in China products are bellow standards. angry
@OP good one from GEJ, all we are concern is quality and good investors. wink
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by funextra20: 3:53pm On Nov 24, 2011
STUDY ABROAD
Get your POLAND,RUSSIA,GEORGIA,UKRAINE,SOUTH AFRICA(TOURIST)INVITATION

FOR STUDENT,CALL ME ON 07086591720, NO FORE PAYMENT , SCHOOL FEES

ON ARRIVAL, i am an individual, I HAVE BEING TO THIS COUNTRIES MYSELF AND

I PROCESSED IT MYSELF AND I CAN DO IT FOR YOU AT A TOKEN FEE, WHEN WE

MEET I SHOW YOUR PICTURES,AND I SPEAK RUSSIAN,POLISH.JUST CALL ,
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 4:48pm On Nov 24, 2011
Lets hope he suceeds
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by aribisala0(m): 6:19pm On Nov 24, 2011
ok sir, i will [s]make sure i fly all over the world just like you[/s] be a good boy

Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by ZUBY77(m): 8:03pm On Nov 24, 2011
i saw him shopping at virgin store in champs elisse in paris
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by paniki(m): 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2011
You go scrambling for foreign investment and when the foreigners create a success, you people then complain.
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by bashylyfe: 8:25pm On Nov 24, 2011
every investor is wise enough to invest his/her cash where it would be best for them.
GEJ,should start by giving the citizenry 24hrs power supply and investors would come on their own.
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by dustydee: 8:56pm On Nov 24, 2011
I hope they are given conditions so they don't come to our country and oppress us like the Chinese.
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by Santino1(m): 9:17pm On Nov 24, 2011
VoodooDoll:

IF we must criticise GEJ 95% of the time, let's also give him credit when he does right.

GEJ is in France hustling for Naija - good.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201111240100.html

The UK Financial Times also has an 18 page report on Nigeria -

http://media.ft.com/cms/be320366-14b3-11e1-8367-00144feabdc0.pdf

Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan left for France on Wednesday for a meeting to attract foreign investment into the oil-rich but corruption-ridden country, his office said.

Jonathan will also have lunch with his French counterpart Nicolas Sarkozy during his three-day visit. He is leading a high-powered delegation of government officials and top Nigerian businessmen.

The investment meeting is to be held under the aegis of a so-called Honorary International Investor Council (HIIC), an outfit of prominent global and domestic investors that advises the Nigerian government on economic matters.

The council's goals are to influence investment decisions by major companies and countries to Africa's most populous nation.

Kashim Shettima, the governor of Borno, Nigeria's northeastern state, where a radical Islamist sect Boko Haram has carried out a myriad of deadly gun and bomb attacks in the past two years, will speak about internal security. - embarassed lipsrsealed

Former managing director of the World Bank and now Nigeria's Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and the country's central bank governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, will also address participants.

Some of the members of the HIIC expected at the meeting are top officials from the French oil giant Total, Anglo-Dutch's Shell, computer firm Hewlett Packard, Japanese car producer Mitsubishi Corporation and leading global financial services group Credit Suisse.

Nigeria is France's largest trading partner in sub-Saharan Africa. French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe was in Nigeria earlier this month and vowed to help the country in its war against extremism.

Each time I hear that ''high-powered delegation'' nonsense, I think Billions of Naira is about to be squandered,
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by phlame(m): 11:01pm On Nov 24, 2011
Is he supposed to travel out to meet Investors I'm not surprised though, He has always been a dumb f*u*cK, No. 1 Citizen indeed, angry
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by naijacutee(f): 7:28am On Nov 25, 2011
But France is broke. . . It's on the verge of losing it's triple A rating, and is drafting out austerity plans. Where do they get the money to invest from?
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by kunlekunle: 7:34am On Nov 25, 2011
thats okonjo's connection for you.
setup a financial club in france for us.
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by kl2020: 4:36pm On Nov 25, 2011
he thinks investors will invest in a country without electricity power supply, he is only pretending to be doing something, just fooling around anyway, i laugh in french
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by egift(m): 5:37pm On Nov 25, 2011
Santino1:

Each time I hear that ''high-powered delegation'' nonsense, I think Billions of Naira is about to be squandered,

And even worst, they giveaway everything that will make Nigeria money - Tax exemptions for years, free import duties, little oversight, allow them charge large fees.
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by Furst: 8:46am On Nov 27, 2011
Ali just turned 8. His father died in a traffic jam on his way to hospital after being robbed on his way home from work. His mother Fatima had a stroke from the grief and died because the doctors where on strike. Ali and his Sister Halima have been living on the streets for a year now. Ali and Halima had to run away from Alhaji Tanko's house after he raped Ali and beat up Halima. Now Ali begs alone because Halima is very sick. She is always coughing out blood. Ali must now feed both of them. He gathers any leaf he can find to treat his sister. Ali hopes to go to school one day so he can become a security man at the bank like his daddy was and wear that fine blue uniform with the big shiny black boots

I can not help Ali and sadly he may never go to school. There are many more children like him, children who may not even make it to 15 years, children that will want to but will never go to school.

You are their only hope. Their goverment does not care. It does not hear them cry. But their goverment can hear you If you will but speak for change! If you will volunteer 60 secs to add 10 people. There are no big boys or girls in this movement. Its all about making our government accountable to us.

So take a stand now. Do not procrastinate! Change is not coming! It has arrived! U are that change, you are the saviour your nation needs, if you will but rise and say YES, WE CAN!

Join Nigerian youths standing up for change

Group name: Naija Activists
URL http://www./9jactivists/
Re: GEJ Travels To France To Meet With Investors by stormm: 2:27pm On Nov 27, 2011
@ Post,

Absolute rubbish. Another money wasting trip. When Dayokanu calls him Retardeen, I use to have my doubts until now. The economy of Europe is in shambles, Italy's debt just got downgraded to 'junk', Sarkozy and Merkel are too busy trying to re-build their economies. And that is the time our clueless GEJ went shopping for investors angry angry angry

Can't wait to vote this pathetic Arrow out of Aso Rock mtscheeew cry cry cry cry cry

(1) (Reply)

Election 2015: Live Election Update - PUNCH / Why Is There No Singularly Respected Regional Politician In South East / Ogun State fake rice pyramid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.