Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Your Experience With Eyo Festival In Lagos - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Your Experience With Eyo Festival In Lagos (1214 Views)

History Of Eyo Festival / Eyo Festival 2011. Calling All Happy Lagosians / What Is Eyo Festival All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Experience With Eyo Festival In Lagos by xcelmind(m): 10:55am On Nov 25, 2011
Hey Guys,

I heard that tomorrow is Eyo Festival and there will no movement in some areas starting from 6AM to 12Mid Night. From what I heard, some area boys use the opportunity to beat people. Please comment on your experience and advice visitors on what to do.

BTW: They said there is no wearing of shoes. Is that true.
Re: Your Experience With Eyo Festival In Lagos by anonymous6(f): 12:48pm On Nov 25, 2011
xcelmind:

Hey Guys,

I heard that tomorrow is Eyo Festival and there will no movement in some areas starting from 6AM to 12Mid Night. From what I heard, some area boys use the opportunity  to beat people. Please comment on your experience and advice visitors on what to do.

BTW: They said there is no wearing of shoes. Is that true.

yes it is true, it is part of the tradition of Eyo festival that you don't wear shoes, hat and etc. Watch this video it will help answer your questions

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U1iSSnGKFI[/flash]

(1) (Reply)

To Nigerians And Any One Around The World Who Knows What I Am Talking About ... / Why Are Europeans Upset When Africans Take More Than One Wife? / What Is It Called In Your Native Dialect?(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.