Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika (10864 Views)

Rear-admiral Alison Madueke (rtd) Flies In Legal Team To Defend His Wife Diezani / Fayose Threatens The Unity of Nigeria - Presidency Warns Nigerians / Jonathan Retains Ihejirika As Army Chief In Military Shake Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by jason123: 5:49pm On Nov 25, 2011
BY GABRIEL ENOGHOLASE
BENIN— CHIEF of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika,has warned politicians harbouring the idea of dismembering the country to discard such ideas as the Nigerian Army was prepared to pay the supreme price in defence of the unity of the country.

Gen. Ihejirika’s warning came on the heels of the arrest of a serving Senator for allegedly supporting the Boko Haram Islamic sect which has been bombing several parts of the North and the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Abuja in recent times.

Fielding questions from newsmen shortly after the end of a three-day Chief of Army Staff, COAS, conference in Benin, he said the Military and other security agencies had made huge sacrifices to keep Nigeria united in the past past and would continue to do same,

“My advice to politicians is first, that there is no other country but Nigeria. It is because Nigeria exists that they are able to aspire to positions. [/b]But having said this, I want to remind every one the Nigerian Army made huge sacrifices along with other agencies to keep this county one and united.

[b]The last civil war happens to be one example. The Nigerian Army is ever determined to pay the supreme price at any point in time to keep this country united.

’’So, it is a wasted effort for anyone to think of dismembering this country. Such politicians should rather discard such idea completely,” he said, assuring that the Nigerian Army would remain apolitical at all times.

The COAS further said the Army was able to come up with new principles for the management of terrorism, adding that that the principles included commitment, patriotism and resilience among others.

According to him, the Army now have a better understanding of the challenges of terrorism and were therefore better positioned to deal with it.

He stated that in fighting terrorism, one way to reduce collateral damage and save the lives of innocent people was to improve on intelligence gathering, saying that because that Army cannot fight terrorism alone, it has established Department of Civil-Military relations to deal effectively with the situation, pointing out that the conference afforded them the opportunity to review all its activities in the areas of operations, training, logistics and general administration.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/army-ready-to-defend-unity-of-nigeria-ihejirika/
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by jason123: 5:51pm On Nov 25, 2011
This is for the Oduduwans, Biafrans, Boko haramites, Awera citizens and ND republic citizens. NIAJA is not splitting anytime soon. Any region that tries it will be met with COOL HARD AK-47s. cool
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by jason123: 5:52pm On Nov 25, 2011
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by egift(m): 6:02pm On Nov 25, 2011
I feel you bro. Join me here lets end corruption https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-811243.0.html
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 25, 2011
jason123:

This is for the Oduduwans, Biafrans, Boko haramites, Awera citizens and ND republic citizens. NIAJA is not splitting anytime soon. Any region that tries it will be met with COOL HARD AK-47s. cool

Our warriors on Nairaland are most likely decked in their pyjamas camouflage and armed to the teeth with their keyboards and probably a wrap of joint. Nothing more.
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by jason123: 6:07pm On Nov 25, 2011
Aigbofa:

Our warriors on Nairaland are most likely decked in their pyjamas camouflage and armed to the teeth with their keyboards and probably a wrap of joint. Nothing more.

You don know them! grin
Omo, Naija army no dey laugh o! Even after bullet finish, dem go dey use knife dey chuk pesin? cheesy
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by WilyWily4: 6:11pm On Nov 25, 2011
Ihejirika is talking nonsense, Nigeria will surely Disintegrate, when the appointed time comes nothing will stop it.
Nigeria is a Devil Paradise that would soon cease to Exist
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by Beaf: 6:13pm On Nov 25, 2011
If Nigeria begins to disintegrate today, Ihejirika go face im front and hansa im papa name. cool
Right now, he is expected to defend the nation.
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 25, 2011
Beaf:

If Nigeria begins to disintegrate today, Ihejirika go face im front and hansa im papa name. cool

I think Beaf is one of those in full pyjamas fatigue, ready to battle.
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by Chyz2: 6:17pm On Nov 25, 2011
jason123:

I dey laugh!

[img]http://africatoday.eh7.co.uk/upload_images/Policemen-display-weapons-collected-from-Niger-delta-militants-as-part-of-a-government-amnesty-program,-in-Yenagoa,-Nigeria.jpg[/img]

Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by Chyz2: 6:21pm On Nov 25, 2011
Another thing, he just doing his job of public relation. He couldn't give 2 shyts about nigeria. Pls believe it. When the time comes expect half of those army weapons the be stockpiled in the SE/SS. grin
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by ezeagu(m): 6:23pm On Nov 25, 2011
Beaf:

That's just it. The army can't protect Nigerians being massacred all over the country but are issuing warnings all over the place. In fact let me not say anything to disrespect the army.
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by jason123: 6:44pm On Nov 25, 2011
Chyz*:

I dey laugh!

The first pic is certainly Ilaje and the second is looks Northern
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by Chyz2: 6:57pm On Nov 25, 2011
jason123:

The first pic is certainly Ilaje and the second is looks Northern

I have no clue where you got the whole Ilaje thing from but I will laugh at that one,lolz. The second pic id Asari Dakubo(you know, the Ijaw muslim)'s boys. Son, dey make me laugh cry.
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by Mynd44: 7:00pm On Nov 25, 2011
this is some funny stuff
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by Kilode1: 7:18pm On Nov 25, 2011
Why won't you be ready? When you already have an oil block waiting for you before you retire.

Ask Gen Danjuma and other military "owners of Nigeria"

Who no go defend their investments? If I were you, I'll be ready too nah.  undecided
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by ShangoThor(m): 7:43pm On Nov 25, 2011
Ridiculous!

This is how events will escalate. Boko Haram will get more audacious and they will eventually commit an atrocity of immense proportions to the extent that it will rock the very foundations of the FAKE Nation State, perhaps a high profile assasination. then the Army will employ brutal force like they always do in retaliation, perhaps intensify the slaughtering of thousands of Citizens in the North.

Then factions will develop within the Army and the Islamic Northern Soldiers will assasinate the Chief of Army Staff, wage Jihad against the rest of the Army in a bid to purge the main Actors of the misdirected CRUSADE by infidels agaianst the Moslem population.

Does the CHIEF of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika think he is untouchable? He will be discerned, as the main scapegoat, after all, it isn't as if Ethnic Cleansing is a foreign concept in the history of the Nigerian Army.
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by EzeUche(m): 7:53pm On Nov 25, 2011
He sounds like this man. . .

I hope this Igbo man doesn't make the same mistakes.
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by WilyWily4: 8:04pm On Nov 25, 2011
Two things that will quicken and consequently lead to the disintegration of Nigeria is the Assassination of Jonathan or Ihejirika.
These two people are untouchable, anyone who feel otherwise try and see.

You can force Awolowo to drink rat poison and die, no problem,
You can strangle Abiola to death, no.
But good or bad nothing will ever happen to Jonathan or Ihejirika, they are untouchable
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by WilyWily4: 8:11pm On Nov 25, 2011
Two things that will quicken and subsequently lead to the disintegration of Nigeria is the Assassination of Jonathan or Ihejirika.

But good or bad nothing will ever happen to Jonathan or Ihejirika, they are untouchable
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by ShangoThor(m): 8:14pm On Nov 25, 2011
Wily¬Wily:

Two things that will quicken and subsequently lead to the disintegration of Nigeria is the Assassination of Jonathan or Ihejirika.

Here we go again, the fatal conceit trait! Do not underestimate the resolve of the religiously inspired. History is littered with such acts.
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by jamace(m): 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2011
grin grin I laugh in WAZOBIA grin grin
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by Onlytruth(m): 9:48pm On Nov 25, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin

My brothers Beaf and Chyz don kill me tire! grin

I'm feelin' you too bro WilyWily. cool
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by Relax101(m): 10:37pm On Nov 25, 2011
His Allegiance to Nigeria is temporary. Once gbege start, He will move to the other side.
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by EkoIle1: 12:05am On Nov 26, 2011
What a dumb statement.

This army dude must think this is the 60s or 70s, dude prob' don't know anything about referendum. If any part of Nigeria won separate, he can not do anything about it, talk less fire one bullet.

What a dunce,
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by Nobody: 12:12am On Nov 26, 2011
Wonder why an Igbo man will get there and say such nonsense, And his people are getting killed more than others,

Unity is not imposed! Ode!!

The idiot even made reference to biafra war that consumed his people as a justification that Nigerian army is ready to die for one Nigeria cry cry cry cry cry

Untill we all die and destinies ruined before you all know that you can't rule over oil blocks abi?

Nigeria can disintegrate with statements like that because the oppressed will feel they are trapped in this hell forever and cause further chaos, Ode!!
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by tarano: 2:03am On Nov 26, 2011
The Nigerian Army made huge sacrifices during the civil war,

The Nigerian army offensive through the north of Biafra led by Colonel Shuwa and the local military units faced unexpectedly fierce resistance and high casualties, the right-hand Nigerian column advanced on the town of Nsukka which fell on 14 July, while the left-hand column made for Garkem, which was captured on 12 July. The 1st Infantry did not advance much after the encounter.

The Biafran attack was led by Lt. Col. Banjo, a Yoruba, with the Biafran rank of brigadier. The attack  at Ore met heavy resistance from the Nigerian army and both sides suffered heavy losses within 36hrs period.

Four battalions of the Nigerian 2nd Infantry Division were needed to drive the Biafrans back and eliminate their territorial gains made during the offensive. The 2nd Infantry suffered thousands of losses.

The Nigerians were repulsed three times as they attempted to cross the River Niger during October, resulting in the loss of thousands of troops, dozens of tanks and equipment. The first attempt by the 2nd Infantry Division on 12 October to cross the Niger from the town of Asaba to the Biafran city of Onitsha cost the Nigerian Federal Army over 5,000 soldiers killed, wounded, captured or missing.

From 1968 onward, the war fell into a form of stalemate, with Nigerian forces unable to make significant advances into the remaining areas of Biafran control due to stiff resistance and major defeats in Abagana, Arochukwu, Oguta, Umuahia (Operation OAU), Onne, Ikot Ekpene. Many Nigeria Soldiers were injured and killed.

Estimates vary from 15,000 to 40,000 Nigeria soldiers killed in action.
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by Nobody: 2:39am On Nov 26, 2011
tarano:

The Nigerian army offensive through the north of Biafra led by Colonel Shuwa and the local military units faced unexpectedly fierce resistance and high casualties, the right-hand Nigerian column advanced on the town of Nsukka which fell on 14 July, while the left-hand column made for Garkem, which was captured on 12 July. The 1st Infantry did not advance much after the encounter.

The Biafran attack was led by Lt. Col. Banjo, a Yoruba, with the Biafran rank of brigadier. The attack  at Ore met heavy resistance from the Nigerian army and both sides suffered heavy losses within 36hrs period.

Four battalions of the Nigerian 2nd Infantry Division were needed to drive the Biafrans back and eliminate their territorial gains made during the offensive. The 2nd Infantry suffered thousands of losses.

The Nigerians were repulsed three times as they attempted to cross the River Niger during October, resulting in the loss of thousands of troops, dozens of tanks and equipment. The first attempt by the 2nd Infantry Division on 12 October to cross the Niger from the town of Asaba to the Biafran city of Onitsha cost the Nigerian Federal Army over 5,000 soldiers killed, wounded, captured or missing.

From 1968 onward, the war fell into a form of stalemate, with Nigerian forces unable to make significant advances into the remaining areas of Biafran control due to stiff resistance and major defeats in Abagana, Arochukwu, Oguta, Umuahia (Operation OAU), Onne, Ikot Ekpene. Many Nigeria Soldiers were injured and killed.

All for what purpose if I may ask?
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by Obiagu1(m): 3:01am On Nov 26, 2011
tarano:

So because they suffered losses means Nigeria must remain one

The number of civilians living in Nigeria that died since after the war that can be directly or indirectly attributed to Nigeria as the cause is close to a million. So because of tens of thousands of soldiers that died, hundreds of thousands of civilians should continue dying just to keep Nigeria one?
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by tarano: 3:02am On Nov 26, 2011
The Noble Idea of keeping Nigeria one! My brother I did not include the thousands that came back from the war physically, mentally, and emotionally damaged, Abacha for example was known to have suffered post traumatic stress disorder during the civil war, All the notable Nigerian military men changed completely after the war, Obasanjo, Adekunle, Muritala,

Abeg Nigerian Army as we know it has sacrificed for Nigeria,
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by musiwa43: 10:22am On Nov 26, 2011
when i read this, i laugh and fall for ground coming from an igboman.
Re: Army Ready To Defend Unity Of Nigeria – Ihejirika by musiwa43: 10:36am On Nov 26, 2011
Can the whole world please help me compare the guns that nigeria militant are carrying and what nigeria army are carrying and ask if nigeria army can really use this gun to defend the unity of nigeria. I laugh in Onitsha igbo.

Can the united nation please help us O.

[img]http://www.topnews.in/files/militants.jpg[/img]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MEET AFIKPO CHIC (photo And Info) / Aisha Jumia Alhassan Exposed - Minister To Be / It Is In Our Interest To Give Out Pre-paid Meters — CEO, Ikeja Electric

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.