Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,918 members, 7,952,686 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:10 PM

What Is Your Church Doing About The Problem In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Your Church Doing About The Problem In Nigeria (1278 Views)

What Is Nigeria Doing About The Tse-tse Flies Called Fulani Herdsmen? / What Obama/queen/world Leader Are Doing About SatellitePicture-Emperor Ademusiwa / What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Church Doing About The Problem In Nigeria by fayawo: 6:34pm On Nov 25, 2011
Millions of families go to bed without any food on their table, girls are forced into prostitution just to make ends meet, youths with great potentials get lured into Yahoo Yahoo tarnishing the already messed up reputation of Nigeria…

The question is what exactly is your church doing with the millions of Naira they get from tithes they collect every Sunday?

How long are we going to blame government for all our problems? We all know that corruption has eaten so deep into every aspect of government but for God sake what exactly is the church and mosque doing to empower the youth, how often do you hear your church talking about creating  opportunities for people who are helpless?

Can you tell us what your church is doing to help the society apart from building new churches across the world?

Bowen University cost 650,000 per semester

Covenant University 640,000 per semester

Benson Idahosa   450,000 per semester

Redeemers 450,000 per semester

Babcock 450,000 per semester

These schools were all built by the sweat of members who kept sowing seeds ,special offering seeds , first fruit seeds, redemption seed, thanksgiving seed, harvest seed, tithes, pastors, birthday seed, church building seed, evangelism seed, father’s day seed, mother’s day seed, children’s day seed, pastors day seed, olive oil seed etc  Only the rich politician can send their children to this schools so what happens to the children who cannot even afford basic necessities of life ( Food ,Shelter, Clothing)?

What are your thoughts? Should we demand more from the churches in solving the enormous problems confronting the common man on the street?

(Nigeria's problems really gets to me just like every body in diaspora so kindly think twice before responding to this thread, you could either be a positive change agent providing solution or you could be a devils agent , )

Re: What Is Your Church Doing About The Problem In Nigeria by ibide(m): 8:37pm On Nov 25, 2011
My church R C C G i think we are not contributing any thing to solve the problem in this nation exept prayer
Re: What Is Your Church Doing About The Problem In Nigeria by fayawo: 9:51pm On Nov 25, 2011
Uhmm Prayer ! Is prayer the solution ?I have been praying since when I was in Sunday School.I think religion has really blinded NIGERIA so much that we have lost our ability to just sit down and think.

(1) (Reply)

Final Warning, Any Boko Haram Bomb Blast- We Christians Will Retaliate / #occupy Nigeria Sets 10 Point Nigeria / Occupy Boko-Haram! Northern Nigerian Muslims Start This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.