Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Dog Food Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dog Food Business (3385 Views)

Where Can I Get Brown Custom Paper Bags & Custom Serviettes For A Food Business? / Do You Want To Set-up A Fast Food Business?: Food Manufacturing Plant? / Please I Need Ideas Of Starting A Fast Food Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dog Food Business by whitebrown(f): 7:03pm On Nov 25, 2011
Nairalanders,

Please advise, i am trying o set up a pet shop in Lagos, meds, vaccines e.t.c but mainly dog food. Please advise if this is a lucrative business & what dog food brands are available & what are estimate prices.

Your advise will be highly aapreciated.

Thanks
Re: Dog Food Business by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 25, 2011
Why not try fish food,if you have access to dog food then you should be able to get food for fishes,Dog food is elitist in Nigeria and you need to locate in good areas which will be expensive and you need to advertise a lot to bring people to your door steps.But however there is pedigree food ,i remember that one very well, One of the kuti,s run the business .He is a vet doctor.
Re: Dog Food Business by whitebrown(f): 5:57pm On Nov 28, 2011
Thank you,

i will surely look into that, i was under the impression that there are a lot of dogs in Nigeria hence there are a lot of dogs exported out of SA to Nigeria, but thanks for your advise.

Ciaooo
Re: Dog Food Business by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 28, 2011
whitebrown:

Thank you,

i will surely look into that, i was under the impression that there are a lot of dogs in Nigeria hence there are a lot of dogs exported out of SA to Nigeria, but thanks for your advise.

Ciaooo

Well ,you need to find out were the dogs end up,but its middle class or upper class people that can feed dogs very well,but fishing farming is booming in Nigeria,its a consumable product and you will be in business for many years if things go right instead of closing shop after few years.I hope you get it.Its takes a persoid for the fishes to grow and its in bags,google coppens foods in holland and get and idea, Nigerians have won the company over,but you could locate another company,and represent them
Re: Dog Food Business by frenchman2: 2:31am On Nov 29, 2011
whitebrown:

Nairalanders,

Please advise, i am trying o set up a pet shop in Lagos, meds, vaccines e.t.c but mainly dog food. Please advise if this is a lucrative business & what dog food brands are available & what are estimate prices.

Your advise will be highly aapreciated.

Thanks

good biz. if you want to include meds and vaccines, then you must be a vet. are you one?

a friend based in ph has a pet shop. he had issues with the vet association because he isn't a vet

so he cnt sell certain items

dog food very lucrative. a friend sell over 200bags per month

i'm equally looking forward to selling dog food.

go ahead with your plans. you'll surely make it.
Re: Dog Food Business by whitebrown(f): 2:09pm On Nov 29, 2011
being into breeding for about 10years here in SA and know 90% of the top breeders here personally, the idea of dog food came when on visit to Nigeria i noticed the extent people go to feed their dogs and most even cook for them, still the dogs dont turn out mostly the way they should and lots battle to fall pregnant, once got a puppy for a client, bought the litter mate and kept here and after six months the difference was just glaring,Nigerians tend to go the raw diet route but to do it right, it actually cost you more because the meat and veggies you give are supposed to be human grade(fit for human consumption) not dead foetus and the rest. Again you can really never get the right mix of the raw food, people here use recipes given by animal nutritionist, some developed for the specific dog or breed.
I am not interested in "fly by night business", by this i mean i was thinking of bringing a brand to Nigeria that is trusted and reputable and something that will always be available (not your shelf brands like pedigree,alpo,etc which are regarded as crap quality dog food here and will not be feed to dogs by any breeder). Also thinking of your dog dips, quality dewormers, fly sprays, etc as i have access to and good relationships with the sources of these products(as in the companies themselves).

@frenchman2, please inbox me your friend's email if possible to gmoleko70@gmail.com
Re: Dog Food Business by SamBalo08935: 8:51pm On Jun 10, 2022
whitebrown:
being into breeding for about 10years here in SA and know 90% of the top breeders here personally, the idea of dog food came when on visit to Nigeria i noticed the extent people go to feed their dogs and most even cook for them, still the dogs dont turn out mostly the way they should and lots battle to fall pregnant, once got a puppy for a client, bought the litter mate and kept here and after six months the difference was just glaring,Nigerians tend to go the raw diet route but to do it right, it actually cost you more because the meat and veggies you give are supposed to be human grade(fit for human consumption) not dead foetus and the rest. Again you can really never get the right mix of the raw food, people here use recipes given by animal nutritionist, some developed for the specific dog or breed.
I am not interested in "fly by night business", by this i mean i was thinking of bringing a brand to Nigeria that is trusted and reputable and something that will always be available (not your shelf brands like pedigree,alpo,etc which are regarded as crap quality dog food here and will not be feed to dogs by any breeder). Also thinking of your dog dips, quality dewormers, fly sprays, etc as i have access to and good relationships with the sources of these products(as in the companies themselves).

@frenchman2, please inbox me your friend's email if possible to gmoleko70@gmail.com

I like your write up.. I'll like to talk to you better with you in this feeds. Pls chat me up on Whatsapp 09068165839

(1) (Reply)

What You Should Know About Charcoal Business Before You Go Into It! / Photography Business Affiliates Needed In Nigeria / If You Have Visited Dubai For Business,is 1.5m Naira Enough To Go To Dubai?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.