Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,094 members, 7,953,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:32 PM

.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / .. (3862 Views)

Today In History: Major Gideon Orkar's Coup. 21 Years After. / Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 / Major Gideon Orkar`s Coup Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 25, 2011
Re: .. by Alfred200825(m): 11:24pm On Nov 25, 2011
Uhm
Re: .. by ShangoThor(m): 11:34pm On Nov 25, 2011
My Hero!
A truely principled and valiant patriot. Honour, Courage , Valour, Selflessness and Sacrifice are some words that spring to mind!
Re: .. by Relax101(m): 1:03am On Nov 26, 2011
Do I care? No!
Let Gideon Orkar perish perish!
Damn!
Re: .. by ShangoThor(m): 9:04pm On Dec 26, 2011
bump
Re: .. by Tsiya(m): 9:32pm On Dec 26, 2011
In the light of all the above and in recognition of the negativeness of the aforementioned aristocratic factor, the overall progress of the Nigerian state a temporary decision to excise the following states namely, Sokoto, Borno, Katsina, Kano and Bauchi states from the Federal Republic of Nigeria comes into effect immediately until the following conditions are met. [BOKO HARAM STATES!]

Even Okar is confused, as dividing Nigeria requires more than just agression and good intention. How could he forget to excise Kaduna, Gongola (Adamawa+Taraba) & Niger States with the rest of the northern states still baffles me.
Re: .. by Yeske2(m): 11:38pm On Dec 26, 2011
Deja vu
Re: .. by candylips(m): 10:17am On Jan 15, 2012
wow
Re: .. by ismhab(m): 10:02pm On Mar 02, 2012
He who laugh long laugh last, where is major gideon orkar? He is inside hell fire burning, very stupi.d soldier.
Re: .. by tunnytox(m): 10:10pm On Mar 02, 2012
He was just like Dimka, he put the cart before the horse, a well planned coup but poorly executed. Unfortunately, there's no remedy for a failed coup but death.
Re: .. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 02, 2012
tunnytox:

He was just like Dimka, he put the cart before the horse, a well planned coup but poorly executed. Unfortunately, there's no remedy for a failed coup but death.
Thoroughly ☺ƞ point.
Re: .. by mensdept: 5:12am On Mar 03, 2012
If this post is an attempt to encourage people to overthrow all the illegal and corrupt institutions in the country (similar to what happened in France and somewhat now in Egypt) then yes, thats great.

However, military men overthrowing the government as oppossed to the people themselves often ends in prolonged autocratic rule. If these Middle Belt officers has instead led secession movements, then I'm sure their legacy would have been more valuable than coup.
Re: .. by emmke(m): 12:05pm On Mar 03, 2012
i love Dimka and Orka. Brave soldiers who truely believed in their cause.
Re: .. by yohannazack(m): 8:37am On May 05, 2012
OH NIGERIA, AN ELEGANT AND A GREAT MOTHER WIT MANY, BEATIFUL AND GREAT CHILDREN, UR CHILDREN NO LONGER LUV EACH ODA. THEY ARE YEARNIN TO GO PART WAYS, SHULD U SIT AND WATCH THEM SEPARATE? NIGERIA, UR CHILDREN ARE NO LONGER UNITED, WAT THEY TINK ABT NOW IS THEIR IMEDIATE FAMILIES. GOD, HELP DIS GREAT MOTHER WHO IS ABT TO LOOSE HER BEAUTIFUL AND GREAT CHILDREN, WHO KNWS? VERY SOON THE ONE BIG FAMILY WIL BE NO MOR, THE ONE BIG FAMILY HOUSE WL BE LEFT DESERTED, THE ONE BIG FAMILY WL BE REMEMBERED ONLY IN HISTORY. GOD HELP NIGERIA.
Re: .. by hakanai(m): 9:39pm On May 05, 2012
okah figured it out my backside.He is so fucking dead now and could pass for an Egyptian mummy.It's God's will he choose the sick adventure to end his useless puke of a life.Thank you IBB for ensuring he was redirected to his decomposing status without much delay.The freaking loser is maggot food .His idea smells of crap he was drunk of it .who is dead now?who is excise from Nigeria now?Who is a fool now? Okah the daft slowpoke !
Re: .. by Mynd44: 10:19pm On May 05, 2012
Every tyrant starts of as an hero. The speech was nice and touching but did he write it himself? How are we sure he meant it and was not just using it to gather support?

1 Like

Re: .. by SamIkenna: 10:39pm On May 05, 2012
haka_nai: okah figured it out my backside.He is so fucking dead now and could pass for an Egyptian mummy.It's God's will he choose the sick adventure to end his useless puke of a life.Thank you IBB for ensuring he was redirected to his decomposing status without much delay.The freaking loser is maggot food .His idea smells of crap he was drunk of it .who is dead now?who is excise from Nigeria now?Who is a fool now? Okah the daft slowpoke !

Wow! Your anger visibly speaks volumes. You know, I would've been happy if Okah and his group excised my homeland from Nigeria. With the way bombs are going off I dont know what you stand to gain from the union - death and more death? In hindsight, Okah did a great service to the core north and I wish he extended that benevolence to the East. There is no more love and unity left in Abuja and its high time we faced up to the unfolding reality.
Re: .. by hakanai(m): 2:46am On May 06, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Wow! Your anger visibly speaks volumes. You know, I would've been happy if Okah and his group excised my homeland from Nigeria. With the way bombs a. e going off I dont know what you stand to gain from the union - death and more death? In hindsight, Okah did a great service to the core north and I wish he extended that benevolence to the East. There is no more love and unity leftt in Abuja and its high time we faced up to the unfolding reality.

What makes you feel this will happen before now, discussed with boko haram? What of the ND insecurity before now? You didn't see that did you? Tribalism as usual.you praise Nzweogu on one hand talking about a united Nigeria and yet call the likes of Okah justifiable. Which one is it? Hypocrites,only when it's tribally motivate you drift,always going to and fro on tribal sentiments. angry
Re: .. by SamIkenna: 5:02am On May 06, 2012
haka_nai:

What makes you feel this will happen before now, discussed with boko haram? What of the ND insecurity before now? You didn't see that did you? Tribalism as usual.you praise Nzweogu on one hand talking about a united Nigeria and yet call the likes of Okah justifiable. Which one is it? Hypocrites,only when it's tribally motivate you drift,always going to and fro on tribal sentiments. angry

You missed the point. Also I dont think its come to the point of name-calling but if thats where you want to go then I'm done with the convo.

Back to the issue, I'm not justifying what Okah did or did not, but in the light of the deal I'm getting from Nigeria I wont feel hurt if I'm excised from the federation. Its not hypocrisy, its common-sense. The lesser the load you carry the faster you walk. Nigeria has become over-loaded, slow, and cumbersome to make any meaningful headway. Some days ago we witnessed another senseless bombing and violence in Abuja, Jos, and Yobe, dont you think folks are tired of it? My brother, I want to save my people from this un-ending carnage and backwardness as soon as possible and if someone gets ahead of the line and excises my homeland from Nigeria you bet I'll take that deal, after all its better than this hellish deal Nigeria is offering me.
Re: .. by Nobody: 8:37am On May 06, 2012
Talk Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ cheap.
Re: .. by Mynd44: 9:04am On May 06, 2012
blink182: Talk Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ cheap.
WORD!!!!
Re: .. by bisi16(m): 9:14am On May 06, 2012
Mynd_44: Every tyrant starts of as an hero. The speech was nice and touching but did he write it himself? How are we sure he meant it and was not just using it to gather support?
U are so on point. Late Idi Amin is a perfect example. He was loved, and installed, look how turned out... He could have meant it, but if he was meant to be d hero, he would have succeeded.
Re: .. by OK2NV3: 9:24am On May 06, 2012
ismhab: He who laugh long laugh last, where is major gideon orkar? He is inside hell fire burning, very stupi.d soldier.

You are a tool
Re: .. by OK2NV3: 9:28am On May 06, 2012
Okar Identified with issues that you are only beginning to be aware off. Just like Ojukwu, He remains a visionary, warrior and gallant soldier.
After all, he did not succeed and what you have in his place is an IBB as a senior citizen in a country populated with Geriatric kleptomaniacs!
Re: .. by Mynd44: 9:44am On May 06, 2012
OK/2/NV:
Okar Identified with issues that you are only beginning to be aware off. Just like Ojukwu, He remains a visionary, warrior and gallant soldier.
After all, he did not succeed and what you have in his place is an IBB as a senior citizen in a country populated with Geriatric kleptomaniacs!
Identified with the issues? Please did he write that speech himself? Did he even read prior to the release?
Re: .. by ishmael(m): 9:48am On May 06, 2012
Tsiya:

Even Okar is confused, as dividing Nigeria requires more than just agression and good intention. How could he forget to excise Kaduna, Gongola (Adamawa+Taraba) & Niger States with the rest of the northern states still baffles me.
Are u not aware that majority of the people in those states are non-hausas? Most part of these states are part of the proposed middle belt region.

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity Looming In Portharcourt And Owerri / Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned / Igbos Support Jonathan 2015 Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.