Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables (2056 Views)

#revealed: Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu First "Igbo" GMD Of NNPC - The FCT Post / Rochas Okorocha, The First Igbo Politician To Meet US President Obama (picture) / First Igbo Appointee In Pmb's Administration? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by nduchucks: 10:10pm On Nov 25, 2011
Lets hope the boy's claim that he did not know the tools were to be used for mass murder is true.  But nna, of all items to trade in that part of the world, detonators should really not be on top of any list. I feel sorry for the boy.

A COURT heard yesterday how a man assisted the Boko Haram group to bomb the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) office in Suleja, Niger State on April 8.

Ahmed Ezimakor told a Federal High Court, Abuja that he helped the sect to get detonators and cables that were used in the INEC bombing and the attack on the Christian Fellowship Mission, also in Suleja.

Ezimakor, whose parents are Igbo, was born in Niger Republic, where he grew up. He said he was approached because he is a trained miner. But he denied knowing the tools were to be used for mass murder.

The witness gave the testimony at the ongoing trial of six suspected members of the group before Justice Bilikisu Aliyu.

The suspects are Shuaibu Abubakar, Salisu Ahmed, Umar Babagana, Mohammed Ali, Umar Ibrahim and a spiritualist, Musa Adam.

They have pleaded not guilty to a five-count charge of criminal conspiracy and voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous means slammed against them by the State Security Service (SSS).

The alleged offences are contrary to and punishable under Sections 97 and 248(1) of the Penal Code Law, and Section 15 (2) of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Establishment Act 2004.

Led in evidence-in-chief by the prosecution counsel, Thompson Olatigbe, Ezimakor said members of the group were trained in an uncompleted building in a market in Madalla, Niger State. He disclosed that he first met with the late leader of the group, Mohammed Yusuf, in Kuje prisons, Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

“When I first encountered him, he preached the philosophy of Boko Haram to me and I was convinced. Boko Haram was initially not conceived to be a violent group. It was meant to preach peace, the teachings of Prophet Mohammed and the Qur’an,” he said, adding:

“I believed Yusuf especially when I watched his debate with one of our leaders in Bauchi. It was a video debate and that changed my thinking and I became his apostle. I took an oath to remain loyal to him, but after his death, I broke the oath.”

According to him, the group turned violent, following the murder of Yusuf. He said members were illegally trained in weapons handling and using AK 47 assault rifle by Ibrahim Bashir Madalla, who is still at large.

“After the Maiduguri crisis in 2009, we were called by one Bashiru Madalla in Madalla that there was a message for us and that the message was from our new leader, Mallam Abubakar Shikau. I declined because I was no longer a member of the sect because I broke the oath I took with Yusuf, but the first accused person whom I know in Niger Republic where I was born led other members to Madalla.

“The message was to give them training so as to revenge what happened to their fellow members. So after the training at Madalla, we parted ways.”

In his own testimony, another witness, Mohammed Dalhatu, said he procured the detonators and delivered them to Abubakar (first accused).

Under cross examination by the defence counsel, Emeka Okoro and Nureini Suleiman, he told the court that he did not know the purpose for which the detonators and the cortex wire were bought by the accused persons.

The accused persons are alleged to be the brains behind the April bombing at the INEC office in Suleja, Niger State, where 16 persons including serving National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members died on the eve of the rescheduled National Assembly elections.

The accused persons also allegedly conspired with others at large to cause grievous bodily harm by unlawfully planting deadly substances which led to the death of another three persons at a political rally in Suleja.

They also allegedly detonated explosives which resulted in the deaths of three police officers in Dakna Village, Bwari.

The alleged offences are contrary to and punishable under Sections 97 and 248(1) of the Penal Code Law.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/27522-i-aided-boko-haram-to-bomb-inec-says-witness.html

Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by Onlytruth(m): 10:18pm On Nov 25, 2011
alhaji ndu_chucks_mutallab_bin_al_zawahiri_bin_laden I wonder what you are up to now.
Have you bothered to find out the ethnicity of other Boko Haram suspects?
Every Nairalander already knows what you want to paint here: ANOTHER BOLD LIE.
Shame on you, dan banza!
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by nduchucks: 10:24pm On Nov 25, 2011
Onlytruth:

alhaji ndu_chucks_mutallab_bin_al_zawahiri_bin_laden I wonder what you are up to now.
Have you bothered to find out the ethnicity of other Boko Haram suspects?
Every Nairalander already knows what you want to paint here: ANOTHER BOLD LIE.
Shame on you, dan banza!

nwannem, the story is true and court records are available for confirmation. Would you point out the bold lie in my post? Note that I provided a link to the story.

Once again, I offer you my sympathy for the ailment you are suffering from: insecurity and bigotry. Don't let it eat you up buddy. Hope you ate a lot of thanksgiving turkey yesterday. Dalu o.
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by Relax101(m): 10:26pm On Nov 25, 2011
A COURT heard yesterday how a man assisted the Boko Haram group to bomb the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) office in Suleja, Niger State on April 8.
Ahmed Ezimakor told a Federal High Court, Abuja that he helped the sect to get detonators and cables that were used in the INEC bombing and the attack on the Christian Fellowship Mission, also in Suleja.
Ezimakor, whose parents are Igbo, was born in Niger Republic, where he grew up. He said he was approached because he is a trained miner. But he denied knowing the tools were to be used for mass murder.
The witness gave the testimony at the ongoing trial of six suspected members of the group before Justice Bilikisu Aliyu.
The suspects are Shuaibu Abubakar, Salisu Ahmed, Umar Babagana, Mohammed Ali, Umar Ibrahim and a spiritualist, Musa Adam.
They have pleaded not guilty to a five-count charge of criminal conspiracy and voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous means slammed against them by the State Security Service (SSS).
The alleged offences are contrary to and punishable under Sections 97 and 248(1) of the Penal Code Law, and Section 15 (2) of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Establishment Act 2004.
Led in evidence-in-chief by the prosecution counsel, Thompson Olatigbe, Ezimakor said members of the group were trained in an uncompleted building in a market in Madalla, Niger State. He disclosed that he first met with the late leader of the group, Mohammed Yusuf, in Kuje prisons, Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
[b]“When I first encountered him, he preached the philosophy of Boko Haram to me and I was convinced. Boko Haram was initially not conceived to be a violent group. It was meant to preach peace, the teachings of Prophet Mohammed and the Qur’an,” he said, adding:
“I believed Yusuf especially when I watched his debate with one of our leaders in Bauchi. It was a video debate and that changed my thinking and I became his apostle. I took an oath to remain loyal to him, but after his death, I broke the oath.”
According to him, the group turned violent, following the murder of Yusuf. He said members were illegally trained in weapons handling and using AK 47 assault rifle by Ibrahim Bashir Madalla, who is still at large.
“After the Maiduguri crisis in 2009, we were called by one Bashiru Madalla in Madalla that there was a message for us and that the message was from our new leader, Mallam Abubakar Shikau. I declined because I was no longer a member of the sect because I broke the oath I took with Yusuf, but the first accused person whom I know in Niger Republic where I was born led other members to Madalla.[/b]
“The message was to give them training so as to revenge what happened to their fellow members. So after the training at Madalla, we parted ways.”
In his own testimony, another witness, Mohammed Dalhatu, said he procured the detonators and delivered them to Abubakar (first accused).
Under cross examination by the defence counsel, Emeka Okoro and Nureini Suleiman, he told the court that he did not know the purpose for which the detonators and the cortex wire were bought by the accused persons.
The accused persons are alleged to be the brains behind the April bombing at the INEC office in Suleja, Niger State, where 16 persons including serving National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members died on the eve of the rescheduled National Assembly elections.
The accused persons also allegedly conspired with others at large to cause grievous bodily harm by unlawfully planting deadly substances which led to the death of another three persons at a political rally in Suleja.
They also allegedly detonated explosives which resulted in the deaths of three police officers in Dakna Village, Bwari.
The alleged offences are contrary to and punishable under Sections 97 and 248(1) of the Penal Code Law.
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by EkoIle1: 10:28pm On Nov 25, 2011
From kidnapping to bombing?

What else is new?

SMH
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by Relax101(m): 10:29pm On Nov 25, 2011
Relax101:

[b]“When I first encountered him, he preached the philosophy of Boko Haram to me and I was convinced. Boko Haram was initially not conceived to be a violent group. It was meant to preach peace, the teachings of Prophet Mohammed and the Qur’an,” he said, adding:
“After the Maiduguri crisis in 2009, we were called by one Bashiru Madalla in Madalla that there was a message for us and that the message was from our new leader, Mallam Abubakar Shikau. I declined because I was no longer a member of the sect because I broke the oath I took with Yusuf, but the first accused person whom I know in Niger Republic where I was born led other members to Madalla.[/b]

Did you read all the stuff?
Alh Ndu Chuks?
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by Relax101(m): 10:31pm On Nov 25, 2011
Anyways, if He's still part of the group, then he should be punished. Maybe the sharia way.

This was the same guy that was caught the last time.
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by Onlytruth(m): 10:32pm On Nov 25, 2011
@ndu_chucks_bin_laden

I hope you are intelligent enough to allow me room for suspecting your intention here, afterall most of your past intentions were dubious. That is why I wonder why you are quick to post this purely on the basis of the "Igbo_ness" of the terror suspect here. What about his religion?
As far as I'm concerned, the terror suspect is another Muslim like you and is FAR CLOSER TO YOU than any Igbo.

So, he is your brother_in_terror. cool
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by nduchucks: 10:38pm On Nov 25, 2011
@Onlytruth, you are completely free to express your opinion. Unlike you, however, I will not jump into any conclusion about your motives for expressing the said opinion. It suffices to say here that  Ahmed Ezimakor is Igbo and belongs to a terrorist group, fullstop.

To equate all Christians or Muslims with the extremists among those religions is at the very least narrow minded, bigotted and dumb. When another Eziimakor, bombs one of your Abriba villages, you'll realize that we have a common enemy. olodo

#Relax101, I read it, lets hope Onlylies did the same.
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by asha80(m): 10:39pm On Nov 25, 2011
ndu_chucks:

@Onlytruth, you are completely free to express your opinion. Unlike you, however, I will not jump into any conclusion about your motives for expressing the said opinion. It suffices to say here that  Ahmed Ezimakor is Igbo and belongs to a terrorist group, fullstop.

To equate all Christians or Muslims with the extremists among those religions is at the very least narrow minded, bigotted and dumb. When another Eziimakor, bombs one of your Abriba villages, you'll realize that we have a common enemy. olodo

#Relax101, I read it, lets hope Onlylies did the same.

who is the common enemy?
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by Onlytruth(m): 10:44pm On Nov 25, 2011
@ndu_chucks_bin_laden
If you have any honor in you, (oops terrorists have no honor, mass-murder is their "honor"wink, you would have noted and emphasized that your terrorist brother was born in Niger Republic, and was groomed all his life in the North. He probably doesn't even speak Igbo like most of the diaspora kids. So, why do you emphasize he is Igbo?
There is your bare bottom. olodo.
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by aljharem3: 10:51pm On Nov 25, 2011
asha 80:

who is the common enemy?

Boko haram.
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by ektbear: 10:59pm On Nov 25, 2011
Why the focus on his ethnicity rather than his religion?

If you are trying to argue that BH is some sort of WAZOBIA organization rather than a Northern Hausa-Fulani one, then obviously this single counterexample doesn't make the broader trend invalid.

There have been white American Al-qaeda members. Even a Jew (well, Jew as ethnicity rather than religion) who joined AQ. Does this change anything, or render AQ not a primarily Islamic terrorist organization?
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by EzeUche(m): 11:11pm On Nov 25, 2011
He is more Muslim than Igbo. The man must be the .1% of the Igbo population that follows that religion.
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by ezeagu(m): 11:14pm On Nov 25, 2011
What the are Igbo people doing in Niger republic?
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by asha80(m): 11:15pm On Nov 25, 2011
ezeagu:

is this supposed to be a joke?
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by EzeUche(m): 11:23pm On Nov 25, 2011
ezeagu:

Igbo people are everywhere. There are probably Igbos in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by ezeagu(m): 11:25pm On Nov 25, 2011
asha 80:

is this supposed to be a joke?

Why the would that be a joke?

EzeUche:

Igbo people are everywhere. There are probably Igbos in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Ha gbaliala, let them not complain when their kids turn Boko Haram and Al Qaeda or is it Hezbollah and Mujahadeen. In fact are they also in the Bermuda circle, the fountain of youth and at the Holy Grail?
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by Onlytruth(m): 11:30pm On Nov 25, 2011
Posted by: ezeagu

Ha gbaliala, let them not complain when their kids turn Boko Haram and Al Qaeda or is it Hezbollah and Mujahadeen. In fact are they also in the Bermuda circle, the fountain of youth and at the Holy Grail?

grin grin

That is why our mass desertion of Igboland is very dangerous. You cannot live in some of the worst countries in the world and expect not to copy some of their ways of life.
Ndigbo, please nakwa echeki. cool
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by asha80(m): 11:37pm On Nov 25, 2011
ezeagu:

Why the would that be a joke?

if you can find them in chad and burkina faso why do you think they would not be found in niger?
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by Relax101(m): 11:41pm On Nov 25, 2011
ezeagu:

When an Igbo man was the Niger Ambassador to the Uk, the question didn't pop up.
Igbos are Iraq and Afghanistan, now. Fact!
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by saintneo(m): 11:49pm On Nov 25, 2011
Make Igbo people take over BH, no body go make kpikim
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by Onlytruth(m): 11:49pm On Nov 25, 2011
Posted by: Relax101

When an Igbo man was the Niger Ambassador to the Uk, the question didn't pop up.

Then also proudly accept, and don't cry when they parade an Igbo al_queda suicide bomber soon. FACT! lol.
smh @what some Igbo are gleeful about.
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by ezeagu(m): 11:56pm On Nov 25, 2011
asha 80:

if you can find them in chad and burkina faso why do you think they would not be found in niger?

Relax101:

The question is, WHY the are they in Niger Republic?
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by Onlytruth(m): 11:57pm On Nov 25, 2011
Let me make a bold statement (my trademark). cool

It is disingenuous for some of us Igbo to take pride in our people living in some of the most dangerous Islamist countries in the world. IT IS NOTHING TO BE PROUD OF. cool

It is like someone taking pride in his pr-os-tituting mother just because she raised him and paid his school fees. She is still a p-rosti-tute! As soon as you became old enough (I believe Ndigbo are even past old age on this), you should reprimand her and goad her towards a more honorable profession.
There is nothing proud in selling bomb making materials to terrorists. I don't see any Igbo in southern Nigeria doing that.
In fact I believe you can only do that if you don't have any Igbo upbringing, I don't care if your parents are still alive.

Ka anyi were ehihie chowa ewu oji o!

Here I stand. cool
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 26, 2011
Ibo boko haram!! Wonders shall never end.
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by Nchara: 12:34am On Nov 26, 2011
Boko Haram =Islamic terrorist group
An Igbo muslim man is a Boko Haram
There are 30,000000+ Igbos (non muslims)
The one of very insignificant population of Igbos who are muslims is a Boko Haram
What is the most common denominator in all of this?

Islam
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by sheyguy: 12:36am On Nov 26, 2011
I hope nobody betrayed his neighbor this time around.
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by Relax101(m): 12:57am On Nov 26, 2011
Onlytruth:

Let me make a bold statement (my trademark). cool

It is disingenuous for some of us Igbo to take pride in our people living in some of the most dangerous Islamist countries in the world. IT IS NOTHING TO BE PROUD OF. cool

It is like someone taking pride in his pr-os-tituting mother just because she raised him and paid his school fees. She is still a p-rosti-tute! As soon as you became old enough (I believe Ndigbo are even past old age on this), you should reprimand her and goad her towards a more honorable profession.
There is nothing proud in selling bomb making materials to terrorists. I don't see any Igbo in southern Nigeria doing that.
In fact I believe you can only do that if you don't have any Igbo upbringing, I don't care if your parents are still alive.

Ka anyi were ehihie chowa ewu oji o!

Here I stand. cool  

Onlytruth:

Posted by: Relax101
Then also proudly accept, and don't cry when they parade an Igbo al_queda suicide bomber soon. FACT! lol.
smh @what some Igbo are gleeful about.

You don't undertstand.
I wouldn't tell you what they doing there.
It's a secret.
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by dayokanu(m): 1:27am On Nov 26, 2011
Hmmmm
Re: The First Igbo "boko Haram Member" Confesses To Supplying Detonators And Cables by sheyguy: 1:33am On Nov 26, 2011
sheyguy:

I hope nobody betrayed his neighbor this time around.

smiley

(1) (Reply)

My Life In Exile, By Ojukwu / Jimoh Ibrahim Buys 34-floor Hotel In Dubai For $500 Million / Bomb Blast In Trikania Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.