Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children (4084 Views)

Pls How Do I Bring Up My Kids To Be Ajebobutters / There Are No Bad Children, Only Bad Parents: / Do Rich People Make Bad Parents? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by Leysco(m): 6:08am On Nov 29, 2011
Parents, your children are watching you even at age 2. The parents are the first persons a child knows before before knowing other people in the environment. Every child learns from his parents first before learning from the outside world. He watches your character, your lifestyle, the words that come out from your mouth. When you tell lies, he knows. When you use abusive words, he learns from them. Parents often think that their children know nothing because they are still very young. A child starts learning frm his parents at age 1. My advice to parents is that let your lifestyle, your attitude be worthy of emulation by your children. A bad child becomes a bad society.
Re: Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 29, 2011
You re right but it goes beyound that, its never to early to let a child know what he can or cannot do. Kids re very very smart, like other humans they do what dey know dey can get away with. I am suprised when my friends complain dat their kids broke dis or dat, my son is 2 he knows some places re off limit for him and has never broken my decorations. Pple come and marvel how I ve those things with a child in d house I tell dem d child knows that he shouldn't touch them. But most pple will say he or she is only a child and as they grow its harder to stop dem cos when u correct them they start throwing tantrums.
My mama in law stayed with me when I gave birth and gave me the best advice in the world. She told me she knew I had gone tru hell looking for a child in ma first marriage but now dat God has given me dis gift I shouldn't make him a burden to God because if d child grows to be bad I will go and be crying to God everyday. She said I must be strong and make him grow in love and discipline, its hard but I do dat, and I don't regret at all, when we go out and he is playing with other kids if they re going wild picking and throwing stuff he stands back and watches them while their moms re screaming and d kids re throwing tantrums, he will gp back and play with the toys. You re a parent that's ur responsibilty u re not a friend for now, my pple say u can only bend a stick when its new, when it get old it drys up and attempting to bend it will cause it to break, u van only be a parent when they re young when they grow up all u can do is stand back and watch, then u re a friend.
Re: Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by reloboy(m): 10:58am On Nov 29, 2011
But not all bad parents brings up bad children
Re: Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by slimyem: 11:04am On Nov 29, 2011
not all the time.
Some children go out of the home,inter-relate with good peeps,learn lotta stuff on their own and decide not to toe their parent's line no matter what.
Re: Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by Baawaa(m): 11:09am On Nov 29, 2011
you hav points,but "from black pot comes white pap"
Re: Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by Leysco(m): 11:30am On Nov 29, 2011
I know but my emphasis is that the lifestyle, attitude, character of parents themselves would teach children more than the instructions and disciplines you give them. It may interest you to know that many children learn how to lie, abuse etc., FIRST from their parents before practising it among peeps.
Re: Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:53pm On Nov 29, 2011
True but its a fact that not all children who have bad parents turn out to be bad
Re: Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by juman(m): 1:00pm On Nov 29, 2011
Likely.

We have bad leaders in Nigeria (those that don't beleive in Nigeria) that why we have bad country.
Re: Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 29, 2011
juman:

Likely.

We have bad leaders in Nigeria (those that don't believe in Nigeria) that why we have bad country.
Must everything be linked back to the government? Have you asked yourself how you can be a role model for the country to follow, If Dangote, Otedola, Oba Otudeko, Onosode etc had sat down complaining and barking about how the government was, they wouldn't have been where they are today. It's high time you sat and think about your own life.
Re: Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by LagosBoi2(m): 2:01pm On Nov 29, 2011
Bad parents bring up very bad kids in many cases, It's only in very few cases that we have bad parents but very good child.

My wife is an example: Her mom is a hell of woman, those kind of women you pray never to meet in your life, those woman that knows noting else besides money, abandon their husband for another man in times of troubles (married 4 times), gossip, backbite, bad belle , troublesome and on and on and on. But my wife is totally opposite to her ways, It took me 8yrs to diff. between them. My wife then happens to be a very good wife and does not even listen to her mother in anyway, She will tell me she isn't a good example and she manages her mom very well because her mom is always trying to influence her, She loves my daughter and i love the way she is bringing her up. She is helping me build exactly the kind of family i dream of.

Good wife really matters when making your choice cos it reflects on the children.
Re: Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by LagosBoi2(m): 2:03pm On Nov 29, 2011
Bad parents bring up very bad kids in many cases, It's only in very few cases that we have bad parents but very good child.

My wife is an example: Her mom is a hell of woman, those kind of women you pray never to meet in your life, those woman that knows noting else besides money, abandon their husband for another man in times of troubles (married 4 times), gossip, backbite, bad belle , troublesome and on and on and on. But my wife is totally opposite to her ways, It took me 8yrs to diff. between them. My wife then happens to be a very good wife and does not even listen to her mother in anyway, She will tell me she isn't a good example and she manages her mom very well because her mom is always trying to influence her, She loves my daughter and i love the way she is bringing her up. She is helping me build exactly the kind of family i dream of.

This kind of situation as mine is very rare because women easily influences and convince themselves, Only few of them have their own minds. Good wife really matters when making your choice cos it reflects directly on the children.
Re: Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by Dele99: 2:18pm On Nov 29, 2011
If this is true then it means in some years time maybe 50,100 or 200 years the world might just be filled with only bad people except good parents will continually bring good children
Re: Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by Outstrip(f): 2:34pm On Nov 29, 2011
Baawaa:

Hmm. Never heard this before but I like it. I will save it for future use grin
Re: Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by DamiKhojie(m): 2:46pm On Nov 29, 2011
For the most part it's true but there are always outliers. I know people with terrible parents and I'm amazed (and proud) of how they turned out. And I also know people who had pretty good parents who didn't turn out well as adults.
Re: Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by beey2(m): 3:28pm On Nov 29, 2011
@ Dami I 2nded ur motion.
Re: Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 29, 2011
Children don't just absorb! They also react.
Re: Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by beey2(m): 3:53pm On Nov 29, 2011
Most parents subconciously pass d -ive habits 2 der children because they're also d product of bad parents.
Re: Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by dinah777: 4:40pm On Nov 29, 2011
To an extent yes,But these days children adopt alot of stuffs that is not from home,There r alot of external influence,e.g all the latest communication gadgets that keep cropping up each day.
Re: Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by iice(f): 4:48pm On Nov 29, 2011
Baawaa:

I like!

@Topic
I think sometimes it's mostly bad parenting, not exactly bad parents.
Re: Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by Leysco(m): 5:50pm On Nov 29, 2011
@iice(f) i think what you mean by parenting is the instructions, discipline and training parents give. That's not what i was emphasizing on. This days, children often watch how their parents behave, how they talk, the kind of language they use at home, how daddy and mummy talk to each. Imaging a parent telling lies, abusing and cursing people in the presence of the children.
Re: Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by iice(f): 6:22pm On Nov 29, 2011
Hmm perhaps these days. I know some parents are of the mind of 'do as i say, not as i do'. And if one does otherwise, you'll get a beating.
Also outside influences add fuel.
Re: Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by Chyrich(f): 3:19am On Nov 30, 2011
Kids pick up habits 4rm people they spend time wd.In 2day's world of busy parents,hse helps &peers do d teaching &kids grab d wrong ones fast.every gd parent should make out time 4 d kids,that way,u notice bad behaviours on time &correct them,while u live an exemplary life style.
Re: Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by razznaija(f): 6:51pm On Nov 30, 2011
I somewhat agree with you.
Re: Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by anneduke: 12:50am On Dec 01, 2011
not all the time. some children know what is good and bad.some children have concience. it is true that they see and know what their parents do.
Re: Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by LUCKYBASTD: 3:41am On Dec 01, 2011
Parents certainly have a lot influence on how a child chooses to live his or her life but ultimately the decision on what course of life one wants to follow belongs to that child.
I've done a lot of foolish things in my life despite the fact that i come from a very good home with a very exemplary Father i chose to smoke blunt at a very early age and i chose to join cult, I knew I shouldn't be involved in those things but I did anyway because the choice was mine and I chose what satisfied my fetish at the time.
So, in a nutshell only you can be the architect of your fate.

BTW, I still don't see anything wrong with smoking weed. I love my Mary Juana .
Re: Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children by Jellitah: 11:09am On Feb 08, 2013
It takes caring parents to bring up children.
An apple does not fall too far from the tree. . .
A rotten apple must always fall from A ROTTEN TREE. . . . cool

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce / Are You Interested In Moderating This Section? / My Wife Doesn't Work And Wants Her Name On My Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.