Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,344 members, 7,957,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:17 AM

Panic Over Ibb’s Health - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panic Over Ibb’s Health (6958 Views)

PDP Leaders Panic Over $2bn Arms Deal - New Telegraph / PDP Governors Panic Over Buhari - Daily Sun / Panic As Presidential Guards Shield Jonathan From Gun Salute Drama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panic Over Ibb’s Health by manchy7531: 12:01pm On Nov 29, 2011
There is palpable fear in the homestead of former military President, General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida, over his failing health. Information reaching this magazine has it that the former Nigerian Head of State has been in a very unhealthy condition for some time and that the situation was being managed by medical experts, only for the condition to get worse over the weekend.

The worsening health condition was what informed his being rushed to Germany for a better and more intensive medical attention.

Right now in Minna, Niger State, the home state of the gap-toothed general uneasy calm pervades the air, as the people there are not sure of the true state of things about their beloved son, who held sway as Nigeria’s military president for almost a decade.

Even the executive governor of the state, Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu, had to cancel his 56th birthday anniversary at the last minute, when the news got to him that the man popularly known as ‘Maradona’, was ailing fast and needed urgent attention. Upon this, the governor, who is also the chairman, Northern governors Forum, quickly made for Germany last Wednesday to visit Babangida on his sick bed. It is also believed that IBB’s family members and associates have gone into serious prayers to ensure the speedy recovery of their father, friend and mentor.

IBB, you will recall, has been suffering from a perennial leg disease for years now, a condition which he has been managing even long before he stepped aside. He was said to have picked the ailment after the civil war during which he served Nigeria diligently. There is also an alleged cancer affliction which he has been suffering for sometime but kept under wraps. What particularly lends credence to IBB’s current ill-health is that he has not been visible or heard of in many public functions for months and efforts by many of his close associates to get in touch with him were always rebuffed. A top military brass who would not want to be identified, said, “I don’t know what is happening to Oga, because I have been trying to get in touch with him for months now without any result”.

Meanwhile, the true situation of IBB’s health remains cloudy as no one contacted at the Niger State Government by this magazine was willing to make a positive statement on the true situation. As at the time of going to press however, we gathered that IBB is still on his hospital bed in Germany being intensively attended to by medical experts. We wish him soonest recovery.

-Ope Somefun
Re: Panic Over Ibb’s Health by Jakumo(m): 12:19pm On Nov 29, 2011
This cannot be possible. There must be some mistake.

Former Nigerian military tyrant Babangida is FILTHY RICH, for phucks sake, and bad things NEVER happen to rich people. Death would be an inconvenient development in anyone's book, and must therefore be FORBIDDEN from intruding upon His Excellency's life of leisure at any time.

The writer of the above report must be a disgruntled, unpatriotic element who is bent on trying to prove that money cannot buy eternal life. He will fail in this endeavor, since the former Maximum Ruler of Nigeria will ALWAYS remain in perfect, immortal health, to the dismay and frustration of his detractors.
Re: Panic Over Ibb’s Health by tpia5: 12:26pm On Nov 29, 2011
@ topic

i suspected as much.
Re: Panic Over Ibb’s Health by VoodooDoll(m): 12:46pm On Nov 29, 2011
I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure. — Mark Twain

Too early as he may yet survive again?
Re: Panic Over Ibb’s Health by BootyOnMe: 2:07pm On Nov 29, 2011
Who cares?
We shall all die abi?
The man has seen his children and grand children. . . so what next?
If it is your turn to checkourrof this planet. . . no one can stop it.
Instead of worrying about IBB, Ojukwu, Enebili or who ever. . . WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN LIFE! kiss
Re: Panic Over Ibb’s Health by gulfer: 2:59pm On Nov 29, 2011
What is the worry and panic about, i thought 12billion dollars should be able to buy impeccable health status and innumerable number of years that far extends beyond methusellah's. So why the panic and worry?
Re: Panic Over Ibb’s Health by youngmonie: 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2011
BootyOnMe:

Who cares?
We shall all die abi?
The man has seen his children and grand children. . . so what next?
If it is your turn to checkourrof this planet. . . no one can stop it.
Instead of worrying about IBB, Ojukwu, Enebili or who ever. . . WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN LIFE! kiss

Thank you ohh, 9ja people worry about certian irrelivant things, whether he lives or die, its nt gonna affect me in any way neither is it gonna make me money!!
Re: Panic Over Ibb’s Health by BootyOnMe: 3:20pm On Nov 29, 2011
youngmonie:

Thank you ohh, 9ja people worry about certian irrelivant things, whether he lives or die, its nt gonna affect me in any way neither is it gonna make me money!!

Abi o?
Some people will just sit in one corner and be obsessing over the lives and deaths of people they have never met. grin
By this time last year, we did not know that one NL was gonna be buried. The boy did not even live to celebrate his 21st birthday as his God wanted it.
Here are some here wishing death and all kinds of rubbish.
Very immature.

Whether he lives or dies. . .how is it gonna affect any of us? Except give the necessary hard-ons to some degenerate swineherd from your dear NL kingdom of Ogboni-Okija Christian/ethnic bigots getting ready to celebrate the birth of their LORD of the FLIES!
I am sure as we write all these. . .many of us have our phones ringing with death announcements within our own families.

Wonders! All this NL AGBAYA BIGOTS sef can be soooooooo irritating!

VoodooDoll:

I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure. — Mark Twain

Too early as he may yet survive again?

Una no see dis wan?
You berra be kiafu. . . before you bury anoda of your Yoruba NL broda or sistah by the end of this year from that your evil forest called Abeokuta! kiss
Una nefa even mourn Bawolomo finish o!
YOU ARE NOT GOD!

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Richest Man Of All Time, The Last 1000 Years. Here Is A List Top 25 / DEATH HAS FORGOTTEN ME: 180yrs Oldest Man Laments (pix) / DSS Did Not Invite Bishop Kukah - Sokoto Catholic Diocese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.