Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? - Music/Radio (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? (1156145 Views)

What Are You Listening To Right Now? / What Are You Listening To Right Now? / What Are You Listening To Right Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (1215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by yemstok(m): 1:26pm On Jul 19, 2014
Onyeka Owenu 'One Love'
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 19, 2014
yemstok:

Tried ffg u on twitter but it's saying ur handle doesn't exist.
lol i always forget to edit my profile, i changed my handle its @HiiiYOna
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by yemstok(m): 1:29pm On Jul 19, 2014
Sia&David Guetta 'Titanum'

"Shoot me down but I won't burn I AM TITANIUM!"
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Idowuogbo(f): 1:38pm On Jul 19, 2014
Fela - International thief thief....ITT grin

*in fela's voice*

Blawwdy colonials! They try bring shyte into Africa, they brainwash them with all types of shyte grin

This baba no well ooo

Looooooove him!! grin grin

Long time ago!

Long, long, long, long time ago
African man we no dey carry sh/it
We dey shit inside big big hole
For Yoruba-land na "Shalanga"
For Igbo-land na "Onunu-insi"
For Hausa-land na "Salga"
For Gaa-land na "Tiafi"
For Ashanti-land na "Yarni"
For Ethiopia-land na "Sagara-be"
For Kagyu-land na "Cho-Cho"
For Bemba-land na "Chimbuzi"
For Tunga-land na "Echibuzi"
Long, long, long, long time ago
African man we no dey carry shit
We dey sh/it inside big big hole

International Thief Thief!

I.T.T.
International thief
I.T.T.
International rogue....

2 Likes

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 19, 2014
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by yemstok(m): 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2014
IfyAngela:
lol i always forget to edit my profile, i changed my handle its @HiiiYOna

Aii, now following
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by fredoooooo: 2:07pm On Jul 19, 2014
Idowuogbo that fela is on point cool .. shey you no dey use your left hand to carry igbo o grin grin
@Topic
aimasiko - chief ebenezer obe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAQIPlqwjFw
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 19, 2014
yemstok:

Aii, now following
back at you
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Idowuogbo(f): 2:15pm On Jul 19, 2014
Nonso23:
grin grin
Chai! I no sabi narrate o, but i'll try .
The first link/video was about the singer.
He was telling a story of his experience in the hands of the legal agberos/tax collectors.
Okay, so he was on his way to lagos from upper-iweka, onitsha. Suddenly, he was cornered by those agberos as he was about to board the chisco bus. They asked for his tax papers. He didn't have them on him. They proceeded to search him and took all his money after which they were willing to 'discharge' him grin Since he had nothing else on him he chose to go to their office to clear things up. They agreed because they knew they had a better chance at extorting more money from him if the matter enter office so they handed him his money to appear innocent and headed off to their lair.
As luck would have it, when they got to the office, a learned man was arguing with the tax officers about a similar case. This caused a distraction amongst all the officers there including these tax agberos who were only too eager join in as soon as they stepped in. So the singer noticed the situation and played it to his advantage by cleverly sneaking out and making a run for it as he had his money and luggage intact. The tax guys noticed this albeit too late, fortunately and gave him a hot chase.
He eventually made it to the bus and quickly boarded it.
The tax guys couldn't enter the bus to 'retrieve' him as the 'bus loaders' would not have anyone disturb their passengers. So they had to settle for watching him tell them 'waka' through the windows of the bus as he headed for Lagos. grin

Lmaaaao! U tried mehn... i had to watch the video again...the last bit killed me. The bit he jumped on the bus and he just dey troway waka give the tax collectors. Bros b like "thunder fire una, I'm on my way to Lasgidi". grin grin
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by yemstok(m): 2:20pm On Jul 19, 2014
IfyAngela:
back at you
smiley

1 Like

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Idowuogbo(f): 2:33pm On Jul 19, 2014
fredoooooo: Idowuogbo that fela is on point cool .. shey you no dey use your left hand to carry igbo o grin grin
@Topic
aimasiko - chief ebenezer obe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAQIPlqwjFw

I no need igbo mehn.. fela's lyrics dey high me grin

Obeeeeey baba! My folks had his vinyls on repeat grin
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2014
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 19, 2014
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2014
`Naeto C ft Ajebutter22 & BOJ - what you want.
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by UjSizzle(f): 3:18pm On Jul 19, 2014
Nonso23: Don't ask me where I got this from grin Just watch it and 'de-stress' grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSlVVYQ6rkw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSlVVYQ6rkw P.s- hope you sabi Anambra-Igbo sha?

Remember when I heard that song in a bus, laff wan kill me die grin grin
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 19, 2014
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:39pm On Jul 19, 2014
Nonso23:
The second was about the experience of a prominent juju-legend in the south-east as at the time by name Pericome.
So, Pericome was journeying back home from Lagos and had to pass through upper -iweka, onitsha to board a taxi to his home town. Na so these tax guys corner am, oblivious of his notoriety in the art juju/jazz related affairs.
Pericome tried to evade them but they were persistent on having their way.
They demanded that he present his tax papers for scrutiny which he didn't have on him so they took his luggage and searched him thoroughly taking all the money he had on him.
Pericome then asked for his money to be returned and the tax guys flared up trying to dissuade him from demanding his money be given back to him. They accused him of calling them thieves when they were acting on behalf of the state. They asked him to follow him to their office. He resisted then they bundled him off the ground to their office.
When they got to the office they tried putting him down but they couldn't , they tried lifting him higher they couldn't. They were literally stuck there. With the man's weight increasing under them. grin
Then it dawned upon them that this one no be normal something rather na better jazz grin . They started shouting for help and begging passersby to help lift the man off them. Nobody free help them oo.
Their boss was just perplexedly watching the drama. A crowd had gathered by then.
A man showed up at the office and explained that they had to appease pericome as he don jazz those boys.
Pericome requested for ridiculous gifts that totaled 50k before he would free the boys they had no choice but to oblige. grin
He freed them and they collapsed like heaps of sands writhing in pains as Pericome strode gallantly away.
Since then tax agberos double-checked those they cornered. grin

I heard that this actually happened o.

Btw, Is your Dad Igbo? cheesy
Lwkmd! Dem jam witchcraft live and direct. The Pericome guy nice sef, e for turn one of them rouges to soap. grin grin The dance moves in the video kinda reminds of the male dancers in daddy showkey's shooòooowkey video. You know see as the dancers dem dey kill galala? Lmao

P.S - I'm best of both worlds wink
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2014
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 19, 2014
N.P: Becky G ft Tyga - Shower remix
P.S.: I'm impressed by this young girl, she and lorde are currently rocking and they are just 17
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 19, 2014
Netsanet Melese - Bye Bye #Amharamusik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G2mYJfJQJQ
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Missmossy(f): 6:43pm On Jul 19, 2014
I'm with you - Anvril Lavigne

1 Like

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by TeeVee(m): 7:13pm On Jul 19, 2014
Earl Klugh and Bob James - San Diego Stomp...
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 19, 2014
Artist - Abba

Music - super trooper
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:21pm On Jul 19, 2014
Nonso23:

Hehehehehe grin soap ke!!!
Yeah their dance is similar to daddy showkey's too. that's another funny dance move.

P.p.s: You are lucky smiley
Thanks cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by azpekuliar: 7:49pm On Jul 19, 2014
Shining - X Ambassadors. Soundtrack to Need For Speed: Rivals.
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 19, 2014
coldplay-'magic'....
Call it magic, call it true
I call it magic when I'm with you
And I just got broken, broken into two
Still I call it magic, when I'm next to you And I don't, and I don't, and I don't, and I don't
No I don't, it's true
I don't, no, I don't, no, I don't, no, I don't
Want anybody else but you.............
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 19, 2014
Illuminatus: Wonder by Naughty Boy feat Emeli Sande
courtesy #Masonkz

cheesy cheesy cheesy

kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 19, 2014
You're Still The One -Shania Twain

1 Like

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:18pm On Jul 19, 2014
Shikaamaru: You're Still The One -Shania Twain
I love her voice! So pure

1 Like

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by yemstok(m): 10:31pm On Jul 19, 2014
Michael W. Smith 'Agnus Dei'
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 19, 2014
Teddy Geiger- For you I will
Gavin Degraw - Dont wanna be
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by horllybabe(f): 4:25am On Jul 20, 2014
Justin Timberlake -mirrors

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (1215) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.