Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? - Music/Radio (671) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? (1154432 Views)

What Are You Listening To Right Now? / What Are You Listening To Right Now? / What Are You Listening To Right Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) ... (1215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Bashnigga(m): 4:15pm On Feb 27, 2017
Future ft The weeknd - coming out strong
Mehn this Duo make good music together
A collaboration album won't be dat bad
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Ferdyboss: 5:51pm On Feb 27, 2017
Titanium by David Guetta and Sia

1 Like

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by princeakins(m): 6:37pm On Feb 27, 2017
1bkaye:
I did thanks. Work

Hope work wasn't too hectic today?

Traffic wasn't friendly today, was a Lil bit late to work.

Can't wait to get home n jump on bed

Wr r u based n reside?
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 27, 2017
princeakins:

Hope work wasn't too hectic today?

Traffic wasn't friendly today, was a Lil bit late to work.

Can't wait to get home n jump on bed

Wr r u based n reside?

It was ok thanks. UK
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 27, 2017
The Blaze - Territory beautiful clip, this actor deserve an oscar shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54fea7wuV6s
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:44am On Feb 28, 2017
Katy Perry - Rise
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 6:20am On Feb 28, 2017
2chainz ft Quavo & Gucci mane - Good drank smiley

#YOLO

1 Like

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Rung: 8:08am On Feb 28, 2017

1 Like

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Elnino4ladies: 12:19pm On Feb 28, 2017
Shether by Remy Ma
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Eruditor: 1:58pm On Feb 28, 2017
@noob03saibot

I saw something you quoted and said "true" to and I just wanted to correct that impression. There is not a dot of Drake's songs where he told a lie about his life or upbringing. The other guy in question is the one everyone knows to be the habitual liar.

Starting from the bottom is relative. Drake's mum was a school teacher but her bad health made her retire a tad too early coupled with the fact that his absentee father wasn't helping with child support.

When he did the acting gig on "Degrassi" he was earning 50K a year which would have been okay but he was helping his mum pay off the house and car so there was never much to spend after it. He had a comfortable Uncle (his mum's bro) who used to help him pay for Studio time when "Degrassi" had folded up and young Aubrey became more interested in Music.

So forget that myth about him having things easy. He was in a music group with Melanie Fiona and one other guy called "Future" (not the Future you know). And guess what? He was dropped from that group but he still found success later.
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Eruditor: 2:06pm On Feb 28, 2017
noob03saibot:
that ebro line, I doubt it. Ebro of hot 97! That dude is ugly and I feel he ain't even as rich as these rap cats, cause he's always excited n hyped up when he is around them. Lol! At a girl who had a ass drop. And besides, in drake n Meek who do u feel is a better rapper?

That Ebro line was already started by Ebro himself (Hence why Nicki and later Drake took issues with him). He has a history of falsifying stories just to garner viewership for his failing radio show on Hot 97. Even Jay-Z has called them to warn them about using his name to start up rumors. I guess what I am trying to say is the Ebro line is a lie but it made for a good jab lyrically.

Of course, Drake would not join Nicki in a rap battle against Remy Ma and that's because unlike Lil Kim, Remy played the beef thing well. She spoke well of Drake all through the song to give him every reason to be neutral and also because when Meek and Drake had their thing, Nicki took Meek's side and did not talk to Drake all through till she broke up with Meek. If you listened to Drake's song on "Views" called 'Keep the Family close' he alluded to it.
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by jasonclement(m): 5:13pm On Feb 28, 2017
Jason derulo ft ty dollar n nicki minaj - swalla

fire!!!
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by noob03saibot(m): 7:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
Eruditor:
@noob03saibot

I saw something you quoted and said "true" to and I just wanted to correct that impression. There is not a dot of Drake's songs where he told a lie about his life or upbringing. The other guy in question is the one everyone knows to be the habitual liar.

Starting from the bottom is relative. Drake's mum was a school teacher but her bad health made her retire a tad too early coupled with the fact that his absentee father wasn't helping with child support.

When he did the acting gig on "Degrassi" he was earning 50K a year which would have been okay but he was helping his mum pay off the house and car so there was never much to spend after it. He had a comfortable Uncle (his mum's bro) who used to help him pay for Studio time when "Degrassi" had folded up and young Aubrey became more interested in Music.

So forget that myth about him having things easy. He was in a music group with Melanie Fiona and one other guy called "Future" (not the Future you know). And guess what? He was dropped from that group but he still found success later.
Hmmm! That's an interesting read, so he also had things though, he had to earn all what he got, they weren't handed to him on a platter of gold. Hmmm! Well, I like the guy, but I don't consider him a rapper. Though sometimes he spits real sh*t especially in Aston Martin music 1 with rick Ross and 2 with Jay-z. And in regards to that ebro guy, never knew that guy could ever do such. Saying false things about artists. It's weird, they should sue his black *ss, I just knew that line wasn't true, but like u said, it still provided a ground for a good lyrical jab. Just like pac saying he f***** biggie smalls wife back then, which I know wasn't true. So if I may ask in millii and drake who do you think is a better rapper? We all know drake won that beef, but who would u pick? And do u see nicki coming back, hitting Remy with a solid diss there by swinging it all back in her favour?
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by princeakins(m): 7:41pm On Feb 28, 2017
1bkaye:

It was ok thanks. UK

Ohh really interesting.

I hope u visit home someday I mean Naija wink
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by giztzone(m): 7:43pm On Feb 28, 2017
Am listening to so good by Tim Godfrey I just love this song...

[DOWNLOAD MUSIC]Tim Godfrey – So Good | Audio Download

LYRICS

You are so good to me Jesus
Jesus, you are so good to me
In all circumstances

In all circumstances, in all circumstances ooo
In all circumstances, in all circumstances ooo

Dependable, dependable God
It doesn’t matter what comes my way you are still God
Intentional, intentional God
Everything is working out for my good

You are good, you are good, Jesus

Download Here ===> http://www.gospelholic.com/2017/01/tim-godfrey-so-good-download.html

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 28, 2017
princeakins:

Ohh really interesting.

I hope u visit home someday I mean Naija wink
Lol I've visited before
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Eruditor: 11:10pm On Feb 28, 2017
noob03saibot:
Hmmm! That's an interesting read, so he also had things though, he had to earn all what he got, they weren't handed to him on a platter of gold. Hmmm! Well, I like the guy, but I don't consider him a rapper. Though sometimes he spits real sh*t especially in Aston Martin music 1 with rick Ross and 2 with Jay-z. And in regards to that ebro guy, never knew that guy could ever do such. Saying false things about artists. It's weird, they should sue his black *ss, I just knew that line wasn't true, but like u said, it still provided a ground for a good lyrical jab. Just like pac saying he f***** biggie smalls wife back then, which I know wasn't true. So if I may ask in millii and drake who do you think is a better rapper? We all know drake won that beef, but who would u pick? And do u see nicki coming back, hitting Remy with a solid diss there by swinging it all back in her favour?

Yea, that's the message I was passing about Drake; that he wasn't gifted things free of. He even said it in Star67 a track on IYRTITL I was on TV makin' fifty racks a year/After helpin' mama out the sh-t would disappear and in the track Views on "Views": They think I had the silver spoon but they'll get it soon/I still got somethin' left to prove since you left me room

As you can see from me quoting Drake's lines, he is currently my favorite artiste so I guess I am going to say he is a better rapper than Meek Mill and the evidence is clear.

One of the stick Drake gets is that he mixes styles alot and can do rap, hiphop, pop, dancehall and R&B but the reality is that he does them because he can. Alot of the people who give him stick are artists who still feature people to sing choruses for them because they can't do it themselves- but Drake can. Also, Drake's style is adaptable so he can blend into many Genres and rap beats but Meek Mill is one directional and sounds the same way in all songs.

Sure, MeekMill can rap off the top which Drake can't, but that's about where the comparison stops. Peering through Drakes lyrics and bars and juxtaposing it with Meek's, it is clear Drake is better lyrically (only that he doesn't do it enough to impress hiphop heads). In the 2 tracks where Drake and Meek presented verses, Drake trumped Meek both times- in "Amen" and "R.I.C.O". Drake also clearly outrapped K.dot in "Poetic Justice" and even if "Fuckïng Problems" was polarized, Drake held his own again against K.dot whom many feel is a superior lyricist. He also outrapped J.Cole on "In the Morning" even though J.Cole would revenge on "Jodecci Freestyle".

Look at Drake when he went against Common in "Stay Schemin". He basically crushed a legend in many people's eyes such that even when Common responded, it didn't fly. Drake is a lot wittier and clever with his bars than many people are ready to admit (See "No lie" with 2Chainz and "Pop that" with French Montana/Ross/Wayne). If you doubt it, listen to all his singles that have time stamps with them like "9AM in Dallas", "6PM in New York", "5AM in Toronto" and "4PM in Calabasas" or even 30 for 30 on his mixtape with Future titled "WATTBA".

If you want to listen to the Lyrical Drake then you may have to go back to his early mixtapes such as Comeback Season which had him rapping all through for the most part with little to no singing.
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Eruditor: 12:25am On Mar 01, 2017
Also, concerning Remy Ma and Nicki. At this point, if Nicki rushes and responds but it doesn't fly, she will take a double L. I want her to respond but she needs to do it in a way that it will swing the momentum fully in her way. To do that, she has to make the diss track a sellable single and put it on her album such that her success in terms of total albums and singles sold will help. Any other thing will make her appear like she took a big L.
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by giztzone(m): 1:02am On Mar 01, 2017
MUSIC::So In LOVE – Joseph Benjamin (iamjbenjamin) Download

Really i never knew Joseph Benjamin was a great singer not until i listened to this his latest Single So in Love.

Lyrics

Verse:

No one ever make me feel the way you do.
Must admit I’m stuck on you, wrapped around your love.
It’s just the little things you do,
That keep me running back to you.
Chorus:

Oh I’m So in love, I’m so in love with you.
So in love with you.
So in love, I’m so in love with you.
So in love with you.

awhh (10x)

Verse:

I can never imagine life without you in it. How did I ever live before you came and changed my world.
No matter how far I may go,
Love keeps me running back home.
Chorus:

So in love with you.
So in love with you.

awh (10x)

Bridge:

No matter how far I may go
Love keeps me running back home.

Chorus:

So in love with you.
So in love with you.

Till fade.
DOWNLOAD HERE==> http://www.gospelholic.com/2017/02/so-in-love-joseph-benjamin.html

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Jay542(m): 1:30am On Mar 01, 2017
Unruly_ Omar Sterling ft Burna boy
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by noob03saibot(m): 5:39am On Mar 01, 2017
Eruditor:

Yea, that's the message I was passing about Drake; that he wasn't gifted things free of. He even said it in Star67 a track on IYRTITL I was on TV makin' fifty racks a year/After helpin' mama out the sh-t would disappear and in the track Views on "Views": They think I had the silver spoon but they'll get it soon/I still got somethin' left to prove since you left me room

As you can see from me quoting Drake's lines, he is currently my favorite artiste so I guess I am going to say he is a better rapper than Meek Mill and the evidence is clear.

One of the stick Drake gets is that he mixes styles alot and can do rap, hiphop, pop, dancehall and R&B but the reality is that he does them because he can. Alot of the people who give him stick are artists who still feature people to sing choruses for them because they can't do it themselves- but Drake can. Also, Drake's style is adaptable so he can blend into many Genres and rap beats but Meek Mill is one directional and sounds the same way in all songs.

Sure, MeekMill can rap off the top which Drake can't, but that's about where the comparison stops. Peering through Drakes lyrics and bars and juxtaposing it with Meek's, it is clear Drake is better lyrically (only that he doesn't do it enough to impress hiphop heads). In the 2 tracks where Drake and Meek presented verses, Drake trumped Meek both times- in "Amen" and "R.I.C.O". Drake also clearly outrapped K.dot in "Poetic Justice" and even if "Fuckïng Problems" was polarized, Drake held his own again against K.dot whom many feel is a superior lyricist. He also outrapped J.Cole on "In the Morning" even though J.Cole would revenge on "Jodecci Freestyle".

Look at Drake when he went against Common in "Stay Schemin". He basically crushed a legend in many people's eyes such that even when Common responded, it didn't fly. Drake is a lot wittier and clever with his bars than many people are ready to admit (See "No lie" with 2Chainz and "Pop that" with French Montana/Ross/Wayne). If you doubt it, listen to all his singles that have time stamps with them like "9AM in Dallas", "6PM in New York", "5AM in Toronto" and "4PM in Calabasas" or even 30 for 30 on his mixtape with Future titled "WATTBA".

If you want to listen to the Lyrical Drake then you may have to go back to his early mixtapes such as Comeback Season which had him rapping all through for the most part with little to no singing.
the moment u admitted he is your favourite artist I knew I don't stand a chance if we were to debate on this topic, hence I rest my case. Though u said something that I like : he gets a lot of stick because he mixes his rapping with singing. Yeah! That's y he ain't a rapper in my books. And drake sings! Kk he does, but he doesn't v the touch an adele or Taylor Swift will bring to a song. So I would rather get a skilled singer to bless my track instead of drizzy. And those two tracks with j. Cole, I ll really v to listen to them, I haven't heard either of them.
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Rung: 8:32am On Mar 01, 2017
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Eruditor: 11:54am On Mar 01, 2017
noob03saibot:
the moment u admitted he is your favourite artist I knew I don't stand a chance if we were to debate on this topic, hence I rest my case. Though u said something that I like : he gets a lot of stick because he mixes his rapping with singing. Yeah! That's y he ain't a rapper in my books. And drake sings! Kk he does, but he doesn't v the touch an adele or Taylor Swift will bring to a song. So I would rather get a skilled singer to bless my track instead of drizzy. And those two tracks with j. Cole, I ll really v to listen to them, I haven't heard either of them.

He does not become a rapper in your books based on your own rules. If any of those other rappers you know could sing, they would have been singing that's just the truth.

Your argument that he does not sing like Adele and Taylor Swift does not cut it because there is no rap song where those 2 featured on, that is bigger than any Drake song. Which means, he is better doing what he does, than featuring people who will ultimately not improve him. For evidence look for Adele's track with Tyga and Taylor's track with B.O.B. Both fell flat.
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by kmedley: 1:59pm On Mar 01, 2017
Nathaniel bassey casting crowns
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by noob03saibot(m): 3:04pm On Mar 01, 2017
Eruditor:

He does not become a rapper in your books based on your own rules. If any of those other rappers you know could sing, they would have been singing that's just the truth.

Your argument that he does not sing like Adele and Taylor Swift does not cut it because there is no rap song where those 2 featured on, that is bigger than any Drake song. Which means, he is better doing what he does, than featuring people who will ultimately not improve him. For evidence look for Adele's track with Tyga and Taylor'a track with B.O.B. Both fell flat.
him winning the award for best rap song at the grammies for hot line bling, can I hear your opinion on that.
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Eruditor: 3:56pm On Mar 01, 2017
noob03saibot:
him winning the award for best rap song at the grammies for hot line bling, can I hear your opinion on that.

Absolute rubbish but it was purely consolatory same way Kendrick winning it for "I" was rubbish the previous year. Drake (with NWTS) should have gotten rap album of the year the year that Macklemore got it (they only had a better rap song/single). Kendrick deserved to be the best Rap artist of that year but Macklemore got it as well. To compensate Kendrick, they gave him best rap song the following year for "I" which to me, was rubbish as I felt Drake again deserved it with 0-100. To compensate Drake they decided to give him best rap song for "Hotline Bling" which wasn't a rap song.

The reality is, I don't take the Grammys too seriously anymore. Nas has never won any yet Jay-Z has 21.

1 Like

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 01, 2017
I'm really feeling Jay-Z a lot these days, not so much for his lyrical prowess as his charisma and swag.

I re-watched the 2015 Grammy Awards a fortnight ago, and when Hov was called up to the stage to receive his award – for Holy Grail – I couldn't help but wonder how a single individual could exude so much confidence and style. Darn!

I used to believe being married to Bey made Hov the lucky one. I've been disabused of that notion and now believe Beyonce is the lucky one. grin

1 Like

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 01, 2017
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 01, 2017
This Town-Frank Sinatra
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Viking007(m): 9:25pm On Mar 01, 2017
Wait For Me: Johnny Drille.
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by giztzone(m): 11:19pm On Mar 01, 2017
Gospel MUSIC:: Eno Michael – Breathe (FREE Download)@enomichael_
Download Here... ===> http://www.gospelholic.com/2017/03/eno-michael-breathe.html
I have listened to this song over and over again i can say i see more reasons to be Christ like. Gospel minister Eno Michael releases her latest single titled ‘Breathe’.

As a song writer who has written several songs, Eno Michael believes in writing from her heart. Mostly inspired by her passionate love for God, she has written songs such as Beautiful, Big Daddy, Born in me, Bo Itoro, Breathe and still counting.

As a gifted vocalist and a worship leader, Eno Michael has ministered to millions of people in mega programs such as The Experience TE11, The African Praise Experience (TAPE4), Spirit Life Conference, Worship His Majesty Concert, NOW with Freke, Worship Overflow, many more.

She is a passionate worshiper, indeed a voice from the temple with a prophetic call to administer healing, hope and love to the universe through her music. Her desire is to see lives transformed for God and she does that by ushering in God”s divine glory and presence with her music.

Eno Michael is a worship leader, a loving wife and mother. She is married to Mr Edwin Michael and this divine partnership is blessed with two sons. She resides in Lagos, Nigeria.

She says:

“In my life I have had challenges, trials, temptations and struggles. However, I know that to succeed, to overcome and to truly live is to breathe the air of His presence. My whole life depends on the air of His presence. Sincerely there are no words to describe the weight of this song but it sure will leave you with an experience of intimacy with God. So BREATHE dear friends…..Breathe!!!!!!!”
http://www.gospelholic.com/2017/03/eno-michael-breathe.html

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 2:38am On Mar 02, 2017
Call Casting | Migos

(1) (2) (3) ... (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) ... (1215) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.