Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark (4582 Views)

"How Large Was Noah's Ark?" / Noah's Ark Remnants Found In Turkey - Fox News / Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by snthesis(m): 9:55pm On Nov 29, 2011
just watched National Geographic and the lost City of Atlantis came up (yea hed abt it b4 tongue) sumtin clicked dis tyme around though- according to d documentary, Atlantis was an ancient advanced civilization much more advanced than we are right now, unfortunately for the Atlanteans their city was destroyed by water and never again seen. an Eureka moment came again (yep, ive been drinking again  cheesy )- a similar story, Noah's Ark, similar story line, and for the "logical" people it would make more sense if you place d existing world as Atlantis, as such it was easier for Noah to build the Ark, gather all the living Species, and for the world ( the City of Atlantis) to be destroyed by water.

watya think
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by snthesis(m): 11:52pm On Dec 03, 2011
hmmm!!!! a lot of loopsided peeps in hia- no free thinkers
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by Jenwitemi(m): 2:22pm On Dec 04, 2011
Rubbish connection. Atlantis was way before Noah's time. Way way before.
snthesis:

just watched National Geographic and the lost City of Atlantis came up (yea hed abt it b4 tongue) sumtin clicked dis tyme around though- according to d documentary, Atlantis was an ancient advanced civilization much more advanced than we are right now, unfortunately for the Atlanteans their city was destroyed by water and never again seen. an Eureka moment came again (yep, ive been drinking again  cheesy )- a similar story, Noah's Ark, similar story line, and for the "logical" people it would make more sense if you place d existing world as Atlantis, as such it was easier for Noah to build the Ark, gather all the living Species, and for the world ( the City of Atlantis) to be destroyed by water.

watya think
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by Joagbaje(m): 8:06pm On Dec 04, 2011
The story of the so called lost world and it's flood happened before the time of  Noah, even before Adam was created . There was a pre adamite world which lucifer headed. It was destroyed at their rebellion by flood.
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by PastorKun(m): 8:25pm On Dec 04, 2011
^^^
@joagbaje
You are a disgrace to the office of a christian pastor with this kind of un verifiable claims you continuously make. Where did you get your facts from on the above assertions? Rapshody of fakealities
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by snthesis(m): 11:47pm On Dec 04, 2011
Joagbaje:

The story of the so called lost world and it's flood happened before the time of Noah, even before Adam was created . There was a ore adamite world which lucifer headed. It was destroyed at their rebellion by flood.

d first man that was created was Adam- so i dnt get ur point
Jenwitemi:

Rubbish connection. Atlantis was way before Noah's time. Way way before.

when?
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by Joagbaje(m): 12:54am On Dec 05, 2011
^
I will give details tomorow
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by Jasiel(f): 9:58am On Dec 05, 2011
Waiting for your details pastor j. Atlantis has always intrigued me. Why is pastor kun always picking on you?
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by PastorKun(m): 5:28pm On Dec 05, 2011
@Jasiel
I pick on Joagbaje regularly because he is a manipulator of the gospel. He regularly spreads a poisonous gospel and he needs to be put in check.
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by aletheia(m): 5:45pm On Dec 05, 2011
Pastor Kun:

Where did you get your facts from on the above assertions? Rapshody of fakealities
^Dake's Annotated Reference Bible. . .though I wouldn't go so far as calling them "facts".
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by snthesis(m): 9:11am On Dec 06, 2011
patiently waiting
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by BroPee: 6:14am On Dec 07, 2011
Joagbaje:

The story of the so called lost world and it's flood happened before the time of Noah, even before Adam was created . There was a ore adamite world which lucifer headed. It was destroyed at their rebellion by flood.

What?
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by Joagbaje(m): 7:46pm On Dec 07, 2011
Jasiel:

Why is pastor kun always picking on you?

I'm his obsession, he likes me but doesn't know how to express it cool
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by Jasiel(f): 7:51pm On Dec 07, 2011
U ehn. Oya start the story of atlantis. I'm really interested
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by Joagbaje(m): 9:04pm On Dec 07, 2011
^^^^
Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

This verse makes reference to a dateless past. Millions of years or more. It was a perfect world of civilisation. With its solar system. Lucifer who is now Satan was the ruler of that world. He was also an arch angel in heaven . When lucifer rebelled against God , he lost his place and the rebellious world he led and corrupted was destroyed by flood. The flood destroyed not only the earth but also the solar system.

Isaiah 14:12
12How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. 15Yet thou shalt be brought down

That was what made the earth void in verse 2 of Genesis 1. The foot note of The NIV translation makes us to know that the earth became void. The earth was not created empty and void it became empty and void. So there's a wide gap of millions of years between verse 1 and 2 . It's refered to by many scholars as the gap theory. The book of Jeremiah throws more light on what transpired. You can compared Jeremiah with genesis vs 2

Genesis 1:2
2 And the earth was without form, and [b]void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Jeremiah 4:23
23I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. 24I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. 25I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. 26I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.

This explains why there was no light,birds and ,man. It is believed that the men who existed those days are the brings who became demons now by scholars.  That's why theydesperately love to dwell in human bodies so as to express themselves since they've lost their own bodies.

One of the facts we should not forget are the fossil evidence of the pre historic animals such as dinosaurs etc. their remains dates millions of years old by radio carbon dating. The reason the church was denying these at first was the fact that from Adam creation to our time is just about 6,000 years . They felt it would negate the creation story . True science confirms the bible. Those animals did not exist in the bible days. If they existed millions of years ago ,there must have been a world of human .And most of there researches proves that that world must have been destroyed by a flood.

This was not the flood of Noah, because the flood of Noah only affected the earth and not the heavens (starry galaxy )Peter made reference to this.

2 Peter 3:6-7
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

So what we have from Gen 1:3 is a re creation. Water of the flood covered the deep and God began to separate water from the dry ground . It is the re creation which took six days.

Exodus 20:11
11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

It is portrayed as our origin because it is the beginning of our human race in the image of God.
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by Jasiel(f): 9:09pm On Dec 07, 2011
Wow! But is that it? I expected an epic story. Thanks pastor J
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:31pm On Dec 07, 2011
Joagbaje:

The story of the so called lost world and it's flood happened before the time of  Noah, even before Adam was created . There was a pre adamite world which lucifer headed. It was destroyed at their rebellion by flood.

Not bad - there indeed was a world preceding the creation of man - most Christians do not understand 6-7 day creation in the literal sense
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by snthesis(m): 11:11am On Dec 12, 2011
i beg to disagree- all wat uve quoted is heresay- from ur imagination, too many holes, its just like mixing white rice with oil and then sum1 calls it jollof rice.

you say the heavens and earth were initially destroyed and later rebuilt from scratch- haba!!! dat doesnt make sense.

you say d existing peeps didnt die but were turned to demons- jst like dat- na so e easy!!!
peter was refering to the Floods of Noah- cos that is wat his ancestors recorded.

P.s
stop smoking that stuff-

[quote][/quote]
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by Joagbaje(m): 5:08pm On Dec 12, 2011
snthesis:

you say the heavens and earth were initially destroyed and later rebuilt from scratch- haba!!! dat doesnt make sense.

Read the scriptures I quoted again

you say d existing peeps didnt die but were turned to demons- jst like dat- na so e easy!!!

They died . You must know that man is a spirit and not just a body. They died but their spirits lives on. Spirits don't die. Many African old hunters tell tales of beings they see in jungles where nobody lives . There are more demons on earth than our population . They have human attributes and not angelic attribute. Angels dont enter human bodies . They don't need it. But demons have lost their own bodies so they desperately look for human body to enter. Thousands of them can cramp into one body.

peter was refering to the Floods of Noah- cos that is wat his ancestors recorded.

The flood of Noah didn't destroy solar system. Water only covered the earth. But the pre adamite flood destroyed the starry heavens and earth. It cause darkness to cover the earth.
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by snthesis(m): 9:36am On Dec 13, 2011
as i stated before the scriptures you quoted in regards to the world destroyed refers to the great flood. Angels and Demons are both Spirit being which means they do not have Bodies- d difference between an angel and a demon is one rebelled and fell from the sight of God. in otherwords Demons were formerly Angels and reside were the Present Angels reside- the world that you claimed was destroyed doesnt exist, otherwise Angels would also have been rendered Homelless.

back to the creation of the World- God defines the way he operates in 2 Peter 3:8 -"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day." applying this to the text in Genesis- i.e the creation of the world in 6days, you can logically conclude for yourselves. the major point of the 6 day creation shows the different phases by which God created the earth- sortof like a Milestone. each Milestone was referred to as a day. the lenght of that day is left for you to fathom. this is another reason why the evolutionist feel we evolve from microbes blablabla, wen obviously the chronological other of events is shown in the bible for all to read.
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by Joagbaje(m): 7:50am On Dec 14, 2011
1.A day with the lord/ a thousand years is not talking about creation. He was talking about the delay of the rapture.

2 Peter 3:8-9
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us- ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

2.Ask yourself this? Did the flood of Noah affect heavenly bodies? Like other other planets? No. But this lucifer an flood did.Heaven lost its lights. God had to recreate solar system

Jeremiah 4:23
23I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. 24I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. 25I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. 26I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.

2 Peter 3:7
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

3.The fosill evidence and archeological findings of pre historic animals such as Dinosaurs etc. dates millions of years. They were not part of the animals in Eden. Which is just about 6,000 years ago.
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by ochukoccna: 1:08pm On Dec 14, 2011
I don't know if it's Atlantis but a pre Adamic world existed which got destroyed following satan's rebellion. Between Gen1:1-2 is a great time span&1:3 is really a recreation preceding man's creation
The bible is simply the story of mankind's fall&a loving God's redemption
Let's stick with&leave it @ that till when this age ends& God reveals the mysteries the bible is silent about
If God wanted us to know about Atlantis,bible 4 talk am
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by aletheia(m): 2:19pm On Dec 14, 2011
Was There A World Before Genesis 1?

No.

Nothing new under the sun. The age which one prescribes for the earth is extremely dependent on one's view of creation. There are five major theories on the interpretation of the six days of creation.

1. The pictorial day theory claims that the six days mentioned in Genesis are the six days in which God revealed to Moses the events of creation. But the bible relates the creation as clearly, simply, and historically as it does other events. To interpret the text in this manner requires the abandonment of all exegetical principles.

2. The gap view claims that Genesis 1:1 describes and original creation which was followed by the fall of Satan and great judgment. Genesis 1:2 is then supposed to be a description of the recreation or restoration that took place. The Old Scofield Bible [Also Dake's Bible] maintains that the condition of the earth in verse two is the result of judgment, and therefore interprets the verb "hayah" as "became". However the Hebrew construction of verse two is disjunctive, describing the result of the creation described in verse one. The phrase "without form and void" is often misunderstood because of this rendering. These words are found only in a few other places (Is 34:11; 45:18; Jer 4:23). They do not describe chaos but rather emptiness and so would mean "unformed and unfilled". Exodus 20:11 teaches that all the universe, including the heavens and the earth, was created in the six day period mentioned in Genesis 1.

3. The intermittent view claims that the days mentioned are literal days, but that they were separated by long periods of time. This view is in direct contradiction of Exodus 20:11 and conveniently ignores the recurring phrase: "And the evening and the morning. . ." which describes the passage of the six days.

4. The day-age theory claims that the word "yom" which is the Hebrew word for "day" is used to refer to periods of indefinite length, not to literal days. While this is a viable meaning of the word, it is not the common meaning, nor is the meaning of the word sufficient foundation for the theory. Moreover it ignores the clearly stated meaning of Exodus 20:11. The phrase "And the evening and the morning" indicates literal days (cf. Daniel 8:14, where the same phrase in Hebrew is translated "day"wink

5. The literal day view accepts the clear meaning of the text: the universe was created in six literal days. The various attempts to join together the biblical account of creation and evolution are not supportable even by the various gap theories.

God of His own will and by His absolute power called the universe into being, creating it out of nothing (Ex 20:11; Ps 33:6, 9; 102:25; Is 45:12; Jer 10:12; John 1:3; Acts 14:15; 17:24; Rom 4:17; Col 1:15-17; Heb 3:4; 11:3; Rev 4:11). When one acknowledges the absolute power of God, he must accept His power to create and destroy as stated in the Scriptures. The believer must accept these things by faith.

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

I believe the world was created in six days because God said so.

nlemonwu A:

simple question: was there a world before Genesis 1? if not please answer these questions.
1. there is no record of the creation of water in genesis 1. so when was it created?
Water was created in the beginning. Where in the text does it suggest that water was not created in Genesis 1:1, unless you are adding your preconceptions and making the text say what it does not.

Genesis 1:1-2 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. (2) And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

nlemonwu A:

2. what did God mean when He asked man to re-plenish the earth? remember replenish means to fill up something that has been depleted.

Again you interpolate your own presuppositions. What does the scripture itself say:

Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

What is the meaning of the word replenish as used by the translators of the KJV?
Noah Webster's 1828 Dictionary of American English]Replenish
REPLEN'ISH, v.t. [L. re and plenus, full.]

1. To fill; to stock with numbers or abundance. The magazines are replenished with corn. The springs are replenished with water.

Multiply and replenish the earth. Gen 1.

2. To finish; to complete. [Not in use.]

REPLEN'ISH, v.i. To recover former fullness.[/quote]

Thus you rush to use the second intransitive form of the word while conveniently ignoring the first transitive meaning!

What about the Hebrew word translated "replenish"?
Strong’s Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries:
מלא מלא
mâlê' mâlâ'

A primitive root, to fill or (intransitively) be full of, in a wide application (literally and figuratively): - accomplish, confirm, + consecrate, be at an end, be expired, be fenced, fill, fulfil, (be, become, X draw, give in, go) fully (-ly, -ly set, tale), [over-] flow, fulness, furnish, gather (selves, together), presume, replenish, satisfy, set, space, take a [hand-] full, + have wholly.
Brown-Driver-Briggs’ Hebrew Definitions:
מלא / מלא
mâlê' / mâlâ'
BDB Definition:
1) to fill, be full
1a) (Qal)
1a1) to be full
1a1a) fulness, abundance (participle)
1a1b) to be full, be accomplished, be ended
1a2) to consecrate, fill the hand
1b) (Niphal)
1b1) to be filled, be armed, be satisfied
1b2) to be accomplished, be ended
1c) (Piel)
1c1) to fill
1c2) to satisfy
1c3) to fulfil, accomplish, complete
1c4) to confirm
1d) (Pual) to be filled
1e) (Hithpael) to mass themselves against
Part of Speech: verb
And so you see other translations of the same verse say:
Genesis 1:28 (ESV):

Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them. And God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth."
Genesis 1:28 (LITV):
Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them; and God said to them, Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it, and rule over the fish of the seas, and over birds of the heavens, and over all beasts creeping on the earth.

[quote author=nlemonwu A:

3. when God banished lucifer from heaven which earth did he fall to? was it the one that already contained adam and eve?
Yes.
Ezekiel 28:13-15 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. (14) Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. (15) Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
Genesis 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by Joagbaje(m): 4:11pm On Dec 14, 2011
ochukoccna:

I don't know if it's Atlantis but a pre Adamic world existed which got destroyed following satan's rebellion. Between Gen1:1-2 is a great time span&1:3 is really a recreation preceding man's creation
The bible is simply the story of mankind's fall&a loving God's redemption
Let's stick with&leave it @ that till when this age ends& God reveals the mysteries the bible is silent about
If God wanted us to know about Atlantis,bible 4 talk am

Thank you
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by Joagbaje(m): 4:13pm On Dec 14, 2011

The Pre-Adamite World and Origin of Satan, a.k.a. Lucifer

"And the earth was , " (Genesis 1:2)

At the very beginning of the Bible the reader is confronted with the first mystery of the Holy Scriptures; a mystery which, when fully understood, reveals why the ancient geologic fossil record is fairly accurate, and why the account of the six 24-hour days of creation in the Holy Scriptures is a regeneration of the heaven and the Earth and NOT in direct contradiction to the accepted geologic time scale.

What you will learn here precept-upon-precept (Isaiah 28:10-11) will help you understand many other difficult passages throughout the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. The Genesis account must be interpreted from God's perspective, not man's (Isaiah 55:8-9). Hold onto your faith; it is about to be tested (1 John 4:1)!

In Genesis 1:2, and in direct contrast to the glorious "heaven and earth" of Genesis 1:1 (which, according to Isaiah 45:18, was initially created by the Word of God to be inhabited), the Spirit now speaks of the same Earth as a planet now in ruin and total desolation:

"And the earth was without form [], and void []; and darkness [] was upon the face of the deep
 []. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."
(Genesis 1:2 KJV)

"For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old [], and the earth standing [] out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed [] with water, perished [] : But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men."
 (2 Pet 3:5-7 KJV)

(Interactive: Click the Greek and Hebrew words above to see Strong's Concordance Reference.)

At verse Genesis 1:2 the Earth is a lifeless and uninhabited planet drifting in the cold and darkness of the chaotic remains of the old universe. The planet is submerged in water, and waters also rage around it and across a ruined universal abyssal. Carefully (and prayerfully) consider the import of the Hebrew and Greek word definitions given above. As you study the root word definitions and the English translation of the KJV Bible, a picture emerges of a former world that once existed but now is totally destroyed and dead. Taking the words of the Bible at face value and reading the verses objectively, several facts become clear:

First, the context and time placement of Genesis 1:2 is one verse BEFORE God says, "Let there be light, " (Genesis 1:3), where He begins the creative process of the famous six days found in Genesis 1:3 through 1:31.

Second, if "light" (Genesis 1:3) was the very first thing God ever created, then what is all this other stuff already in existence? Specifically, in Genesis 1:2 there is water, composed of hydrogen and oxygen, and there is the Earth, composed of myriads of elements and compounds AND in a solid form recognizable as a planet which has already been assigned a proper name. Water and Earth are both matter. According to the observations of physics (in particular the equation e=mc2), in order for matter to exist there must be space; space and matter must exist in time; matter, space, and time are directly governed by the speed of light, which is a constant. According to the face value of the exact words of Genesis 1:2 in the KJV Bible, the planet Earth, much water, and a universe in time already existed BEFORE God says, "Let there be light" in Genesis 1:3.

Third, and very important, there is something else already present at this time: DARKNESS! And not just physical darkness (an absence of light) but also spiritual darkness (the absence of holiness and harmony ).

When all these facts are taken into account, the following inescapable truths stand out:

The planet Earth and a universe were already in existence before the creative process of Genesis 1:3 through 1:31 even begins. Earth had already existed for an unspecified period of historical time.
The physics of time, space, and matter are already established, which by extension means that the processes which regulate radioactive decay (the half life principle) are also functioning and valid.
At some undetermined time in history past, Death and the powers of darkness first came into being, before Adam.
Before we proceed further, we need to firmly establish a governing principle for regulating our interpretation of the Holy Scriptures and the Earth's geology:

If the Bible is true and faithful about Jesus and redemption by His shed blood on the cross of Calvary; if the Bible is true and faithful about man's fall and need for redemption; if the Bible is true and faithful about heaven, hell and coming judgment; if the Bible is faithful and true about the history of Israel and the patriarchs, then the Bible is also true about Moses and the Lord parting the Red sea. It is true about the Lord making the sundial go backwards 10 degrees as a sign to Hezekiah (read 2 Kings 20:9-11); it is true about the Lord making the sun stand still in the sky for Joshua (read Joshua 10:12-14); and it is true that the Lord made the present heavens and Earth, our "world", in just six 24-hour days, and only about 6,000 years ago, just as the Scriptures say. We must take the Lord's words as truth.

For More: http://www.kjvbible.org/satan.html
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by snthesis(m): 10:46am On Dec 15, 2011
Joagbaje is confused

@topic
we know hw easily true life stories become folktales, with each generation/religion adding a twist. the question which i asked is could the tale of atlantis be a spinoff the Flooding that occurred during Noahs. a number of pointers

1. The people during Noah period were really advanced-Modern archaleogist also point to the fact that Atlanteans were an advanced civilization
2. In Both stories the city/World was destroyed by water.
3. Logically it would make more sense if all Noah had to do was pick up all d existing species on the Island.
Re: Lost City Of Atlantis And Noah's Ark by tpia5: 5:08am On Dec 29, 2013
op i dont get your question.

are you asking if the world in noah's flood was atlantis?

(1) (Reply)

A Strange Image That Was Inadvertently Caught On Camera In Benin Today / Book Of Romans (We are baptized to produce fruit or good deed for GOD) / Example Of The Mysterious Marks On My Face (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.