Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Uk Settlement Visa Info - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Settlement Visa Info (12617 Views)

Your Application Has Been Forwarded To British High Commission. / It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. / 3 Months And 1 Week Waiting For Uk Settlement Visa - Settlement Visa Posts Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by chairmano: 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2011
Thanks
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by Busybody2(f): 1:54am On Dec 16, 2011
chairmano:

@vicjustice

Yes she is on Housing benefit to pay her rent for now which is about 850 pounds. The money i send her monthly is for her upkeep with 3 kids. This money may not be enough for both rent and upkeep. I have 2 yr visitors visa and was even in the UK in October. We could get off the housing benefit and start paying the rent myself if that will sort out the rent and benefit issue.
Please advise.

All she has to do is notify them officially that she is now starting to receive some income from you, then your payslips or proof of amount she gets from you that she sends in, would then be used to recalculate how much benefit she is entitled to, do this for 3 months to 6 months, then apply for your settlement visa. At least this would further help your case in proving you are capable of taking care of your own, and would not be a leech on the system when you get here.

Here's a thread similar to yours, and like you, the wifey was unwaged too wink

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-104808.0.html
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by WaveofG: 5:15am On Dec 16, 2011
@ Chairmano.

Please note the e-mail address provided seems invalid as the mails bounced back!!!.

See you around.
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by chairmano: 7:08am On Dec 16, 2011
Thnaks.
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by WaveofG: 1:01pm On Dec 16, 2011
@ Chairmano.

It is the same e-mail address!.
Anyway, how are you doing?.
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by chairmano: 1:19pm On Dec 16, 2011
@WaveofG
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by Vicjustice: 1:58pm On Dec 16, 2011
chairmano:

@vicjustice

Yes she is on Housing benefit to pay her rent for now which is about 850 pounds. The money i send her monthly is for her upkeep with 3 kids. This money may not be enough for both rent and upkeep. I have 2 yr visitors visa and was even in the UK in October. We could get off the housing benefit and start paying the rent myself if that will sort out the rent and benefit issue.
Please advise.
The only place that i suspect you might have problem is the issue of not declaring her income/support from you. To be on the safe side, she can begin to make things easier for you by going to the Social Welfare Office and declaring her income/financial support from you.
That would be an overwhelming advantage.
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by chairmano: 2:05pm On Dec 16, 2011
Thanks.
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by Busybody2(f): 8:58pm On Dec 16, 2011
Thinking out loudly, you could either follow Vicjustice's advise or you could declare a drop in income due to the recession. . ., afterall under the old 70 point tier rule, all someone from Nigeria had to earn to qualify was under 3000 pounds/annum, mainly due to salary structure and purchasing power parity, which kinda works out at 250 pounds per month, so even remitting 150 pounds a month outta that figure from Nigeria to UK would likely elicit a "wow dude is stinking rich" from them tongue

Just make sure you carry plenty kudi for savings account cos that place ain't longer a joke, and even those fortunate enough to have a job are all two pay checks away from being homeless cool No be like Nigeria where, nearly everyone there never stops bleating about how hard it is, yet still fork out two years rent in advance, ask people in diaspora to pay 6 months rent in advance, 100% would file for instant bankruptcy lipsrsealed cheesy
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by WaveofG: 2:56am On Dec 18, 2011
@ Chairmano.

Chek your Inbox shortly.
To apply may seem like an uphill task, however It wouls look so simple after you are granted the entry Visa that you require.
However, like I mentioned to you, anyway check your box ok!!!.
You will laugh last and then tell the world your story soon ok.

See you around.
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by Busybody2(f): 3:29am On Dec 20, 2011
@ Chairman

Not my intention to rain on anyone's parade, but the excerpts from waveg that i have requoted below has nothing to do with the price of fish in the market and definitely nothing to do with your case at all. I was doing my own thing jejely in another thread when she decided to come and "correct" me and ended up getting egg on her face. And although this my "advice" has tit-for-tat written all over it, its actually to let you know to take everything you are told with a pinch of salt lipsrsealed

WaveofG.:

@ Chairmano.

If you want to continue to stay at this property, after discussing fully with your wife. Let her find out from the authority if she intends to start paying her rent would she still be housed at the residence.

The Local Authority's Housing Benefit Department has nothing to do with housing, they are not the ones who house people, all they help pay is housing benefit to cover the rent, so if she wants to start paying her own rent, of course they would be happy to have one less person's rent to pay. 

WaveofG.:

@ Chairmano.

Hence, one of the reasons I made the decision to come on this medium as there are way too much misleading guidance & tell you what 'Ignorance can never be an excuse'.
Also I have learnt that this is YOUR APPLICATION and your race and you want to finish well and certainly you will as there is safety in a multitude of counsel, however be careful who you listen to,
If I could show you my study, ha,ha,ha.
This pursuit was like going back to school for my thesis.
All the GLORY to GOD, however GOD will work with what is in your hands.
Enough said,

[size=14pt]Q: Have you been living with your wife outside the UK for over 4 years?.[/size]

Again, this question has nothing to do with your case, you can only apply for Spousal visa which is a probationary "Limited leave to remain" visa without access to public funds, after which you could now apply for your ILR, then your naturalisation. For the four year rule to be applicable in your case, you and your wife need to be currently living together outside the Country for at least four years at the time of your application and instead will be given permanent status instantly without any probationary period, meaning you have access to public funds too.

WaveofG.:

@ Chairmano.

You are welcome.

Since you have both lived together for the whole five years, then you are good to go

Abegi you are even good to go if you have only been married one day biko cool cool cool
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by chairmano: 2:47pm On Dec 21, 2011
@Busybody. Thanks
Thanks for your contributions.
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by WaveofG: 6:29am On Dec 23, 2011
@ Chairmano.

To be fair, keeping the main, the main.
It is all about your application for settlement with your wife.
It is plain and simple.
Do not bother your head about unnecessary chasing of the wind, the rules are simple and definitely not rocket science whether it is the housing or even money and hear me loud and clear, your intentions are clear and the ultimate is to join your wife and live with your family permanently making the UK your home.
Update Inbox as per previous conversation.
Done & got the T.Shirt, all by the grace of GOD.
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by chairmano: 6:22am On Feb 22, 2012
Thanks WaveofG.
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by ayemko: 5:53pm On Mar 11, 2013
I got marrif six years ago and was told five years ago that my salary of£12,400 is to low is this true?
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by justwise(m): 6:00pm On Mar 11, 2013
ayemko: I got marrif six years ago and was told five years ago that my salary of£12,400 is to low is this true?

In relation to spouse visa application?
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by rayrick14yahoo: 12:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
i need an advice on how to treat this
You have stated that you intend to travel to the UK with your young daughter and stay in a hotal in London. You have stated that you are student but also employed and that you are reliant on family for finacial support. I also noted that you have no friends or family in the Uk. You have submiited many documents with your application related to the business interests of your husband who you say is sponsoring you. However you have failed to satisfy me that your intentions in the UK are as stated . Therefore on the balance of probabilities,i am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a period not exceeding 6 months or that you intend to leave the united kingdom at the end of you visit as required by paragraph 41(i) and ii of HC395

@vicjustice,pls advise
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by tinuolababy(f): 12:44pm On Jul 08, 2013
@ chairmano, what if it's Tђξ other way round I.e A̶̲̥̅ lady who is married to a british guy,Tђξ guy is working aπϑ has an accomdoation in london. What are Tђξ necessary document she wl need if she wants to relocate? Tђξ lady in question has never lived with Tђξ guy.they got married last month.thanks
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by nyerobaby: 8:32pm On Aug 07, 2014
@All, I'm very Interested on this topic ohhh. I need to know details of joining a partner to be in the uk. Plus critically the period/time of the relationship, if my Partner to be doesn't visit Nigeria, till the period of marriage n stays only 2wks maximum would it affect my Application? Please I need more details abt this. As I don't wanna b married n stay far from my husband, Please thanks. @ tinuolababy we re almost on same shoes ohhhh. undecided
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by ifegy: 12:58am On Aug 08, 2014
nyerobaby: @All, I'm very Interested on this topic ohhh. I need to know details of joining a partner to be in the uk. Plus critically the period/time of the relationship, if my Partner to be doesn't visit Nigeria, till the period of marriage n stays only 2wks maximum would it affect my Application? Please I need more details abt this. As I don't wanna b married n stay far from my husband, Please thanks. @ tinuolababy we re almost on same shoes ohhhh. undecided

Try asking here:
https://www.nairaland.com/823855/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by ToyinNick: 12:54pm On May 18, 2015
@ All
Hello,
Please I am trying to sponsor my husband to the UK, just need to confirm what I need to gather
1. I was told that I need a 12 months payslip, is this true?
2. If my husband has got a business in Nigeria which he barely started 6 months ago, does he need to provide a tax clearance or I should not get it complicated by putting on the letter that he's got a business? He doesn't pay any tax, so I was wondering if I should risk it by putting on the letter that he's got a business, cos I don't want the situation that the people will be asking that since he's not working or something, he's being refused entry
3. Regarding the phone calls, I called lebara to try and get like around a year call history, when I went online, I was only able to print out 2months, is that sufficient or how can I print out a year call history?
4. Do you suggest I involve a lawyer to help me with the application?
5. What copy of passport do I need to provide, British or nigerian?
6. Lastly, the documents I have at the moment are, English test, Yellow fever and tuberculosis test (for my husband), but for me I have marriage cert, bank statement of 6 months, payslip of 6 months, letter of invitation, Passport photograph, wedding pictures and old days pictures, proof of address, proof of employment, tenancy agreement, council tax info
Is there any other information I need?

Please guys I need a honest suggestion and advise. Do feel free to ask me any question.
Thanks in advance
Toyin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Bank Still Gives PTA As Cash-Urgent Please / Are They Any Nigerians In Republic Of Malta? / Third Batch: Another 180 Nigerians Return From Libya On Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.