Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian (2786 Views)

Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) / Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes / UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by vowiski(m): 11:01pm On Dec 01, 2011
Chude Jideonwo is gradually becoming a superstar but his fame would only be of importance to only a few but things can change, this is was he sent to CNN, shaming the Nigeria law makers and equally went emotional, confessing that he feels really ashamed to be a Nigerian. Read the full excerpt below.

It is important to first understand that no man-lover Nigerian, as far as anyone knows, is seeking marriage — in Nigeria.You can comb the breadth of our decidedly homophobic media “Homosexuals are in trouble!”; crowed The Sun Newspapers, no doubt mirroring the excitement of its upright editorial board), and there is neither anecdotal nor empirical evidence of a clamor, even a quiet one, for man-loving-men to be married in churches, mosques or courts.

Still, our legislators were hard at work over a considerable number of weeks while the rest of sane Nigeria, in a state of suspended disbelief, ignored them; convinced that, in a country with pressing issues such as fuel subsidy removal and debilitating insecurity, this frivolous legislation would not see light of day.

Until yesterday when, of course, it did.

Our elected representatives in the Senate, armed with their version of our National Moral Code, took time off urgent national issues to tackle the even more urgent evil of man-lover marriages. Before we could catch our breaths, our over-paid and under-worked Senators had legalized homophobia.
    According to the law, not only is man-lover marriage a crime punishable by a 14-year jail term, but any person who registers operates or participates in man-lover… organizations; faces a decade in jail — a clause that specifically targets the many active sexuality rights advocacy groups in the country.

By the time the House of Representatives adds its predictable voice to this and the President signs it into law, writing this kind of piece might even risk jail time.

It is important to note though that I and other aware young people who might sometimes be misidentified as the elite, may spend precious hours in vocal incredulity on Twitter and Facebook; shouting down a law that we can hardly do anything about – but we are sadly in the minority, at least for now.
    You see, in Nigeria, homophobia is alive and well.

Nigerian senate passes anti-man-lover bill, defying British aid threat

Barely 10 days ago, the influential Nigerian blogger Linda Ikeji, shared what was supposed to be a touching story about a young man, Rashidi Williams, who had faced physical abuse for his sexuality. The comments that followed made my heart sink — more threats of violence and death. And it wasn’t a fringe minority; this is a thriving majority.

Many Nigerians are convinced that homosexuality is of the devil, against our culture and an encroachment of sad Western values.A young man recently tweeted that homosexuality is the cause of the present rot in America.
    What rot? America’s thriving Silicon Valley? A democracy it should be proud of? Or the millions of dollars in aid that its government and people have invested in treating everything from malaria to HIV in our dear country? That’s forgetting that the real giant of Africa, South Africa, is the continent’s bastion of sexuality rights.
    Our values are our values, the pompous senate president David Mark replies to critics of the bill.
    Nonsense he can get away with, only because a large segment of our educated population is unaware that animals have been found to be man-lover.

Dead cliches like God did not make Adam and Steve continue to get excited choruses from sedated congregations and people still declare with ignorance that homosexuality is not a part of our culture, conveniently skimming over historical evidence of the practice in the East and North of the country; and blissfully unaware that the origins of homophobia in our societies can only be traced to the influx of foreign religions.

More,

http://newsnaija.com/chude-jideonwo-blasts-senate-on-anti-man-lover-law-why-i-am-ashamed-to-be-nigerian/490/
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 01, 2011
Rantings of a mad man
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by MeGaStReEt: 11:42pm On Dec 01, 2011
he should go and drink acid and save us the sermon
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 02, 2011
who is this st.upid chude?
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by lastpage: 1:44am On Dec 02, 2011
That "pri-ck" called Chude is just making himself noticed!
He's probably just begging for an American Visa!
What a crooked fellow grin grin grin grin
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by Nobody: 3:02am On Dec 02, 2011
I have my reservations about the bill(infringes on basic human rights). I know the writer wants to stand up and be counted but Zap you mr chude. I am ashamed that you are a Nigerian. F.u.c.king done more harm than good.
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by ngozianu(m): 7:35am On Dec 02, 2011
he should be living in UK,EU or USA where they are morrally bankrupt and bereft of the laws of God and Nature
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 02, 2011
There's actually a part of †ђξ bill that states if it must be practised, then seek asylum. Very soon it will be †ђξ new way to get an easy resident permit to †ђξ USA and europe.
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by nwaneri(m): 10:00am On Dec 02, 2011
I need a question answered.
If this law is retrogressive, how would men blipping men move us forward?
I agree that the Senators are there to enrich themselves but that does not make every law they passed idiotic!
Just as if u remove laws against stealing, even those that never thought of it will experiment and b4 long it would be a lifestyle, same will be the case in not outlawing homosexuality. Would these westerns and this disgraceful Chude agree if I tell them that murderers and armed robbers were born that way just as they would want us to believe that homosexuals were born that way?
Where is democracy if it is obvious that 99% of Nigerians are in support of this law and these outsiders want to change it?
The British govt have decided to speak, how many times have they chided out politicians about stealing our money and not developing our land.
When ppl like Bode George were just given months as punishment, did they speak?
Politicians steal money and bring it to the UK but they still refuse to talk!

Nigeria is in a mess I agree, but if this is one thing that unites nigeria, they shouldn't open their mouths. As for their aids, I know that Nigeria would be better without it cos for every $1 we get they take about $14. Maybe if we find ourselves without help from outside we will start looking inwards like China and Japan!

I rest my case!!!
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by deor03(m): 10:31am On Dec 02, 2011
The fastest way to get "asylum"  is to claim to be against the bill.

The UK and US have opened another door for intending Immigrants
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by vowiski(m): 10:17pm On Dec 02, 2011
All the reply here is a direct manifestation of what the writer said, Not a good way to be a super star, This guy would be eaten up if he ever dreamt of appearing in a public place with these kind of talks. Nigeria - Long way down indeed
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by nwaneri(m): 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2011
@vowiski, you absolutely made no point right now. The issues are there. Why is this the only topic UK thinks they can comment on. They have better ways to call Nigerian leaders to order if they think its their duty to look out for the world.
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by jumboo: 11:04pm On Dec 02, 2011
It is important to first understand that no man-lover Nigerian, as far as anyone knows, is seeking marriage — in Nigeria.You can comb the breadth of our decidedly homophobic media “Homosexuals are in trouble!”; crowed The Sun Newspapers, no doubt mirroring the excitement of its upright editorial board), and there is neither anecdotal nor empirical evidence of a clamor, even a quiet one, for man-loving-men to be married in churches, mosques or courts.

Still, our legislators were hard at work over a considerable number of weeks while the rest of sane Nigeria, in a state of suspended disbelief, ignored them; convinced that, in a country with pressing issues such as fuel subsidy removal and debilitating insecurity, this frivolous legislation would not see light of day.

Can't you guys read? This dude isn't supporting homosexuality. It's the attention the lawmakers gave to an issue that is a non-issue presently in Nigeria.
We face more threat from pedophiles sleeping with underage children and these senators have not done anything about that. We have animals walking the street preying on the young and nothing is being said or done. We have bills that have been in the senate for years that is stalling.
Homosexuality, to me, is depraved but let's face it, it is not a priority in Nigeria today.
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by s1(m): 11:14pm On Dec 02, 2011
We must respect our culture.
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by vowiski(m): 12:37am On Dec 03, 2011
nwaneri:

@vowiski, you absolutely made no point right now. The issues are there. Why is this the only topic UK thinks they can comment on. They have better ways to call Nigerian leaders to order if they think its their duty to look out for the world.
You really do think so? Is this the only issue our culture frowns at?
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by kelz88(f): 12:39am On Dec 03, 2011
Oh, what the white man has caused!
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by vowiski(m): 6:50am On Dec 03, 2011
kelz88:

Oh, what the white man has caused!

The white man caused nothing, the earlier we stopped deceiving our selves, the better for us, This thing exists in Nigeria even before the whites came into existence, so who is deceiving who
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by Sinachay: 7:02am On Dec 03, 2011
Thank you jare, Brother Chude.
Nigeria is a country of bigots. . . in all areas of the Nigerian life.
The senators are mostly tri-sex-uals themselves(add goat-phocking too!)
What an irony.
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by joerope: 7:27am On Dec 03, 2011
why is our eastern brothers doing this to us? why continuously disgrace the east? the other day was some body calling that prostitution and abortion be legalized and was a easterner, now another easterner condemning the only reasonable law that our legislative have ever pass for the best of interest of the people. If not because of BOKO people, i would rather denounce being an easterner and reclaim north.
Please, our honorable members, only this law can make most of us have confidence in you and we thank God for putting you there to protect our culture, morals and norms.
My honorably members Kindly do look in to these issues too; fuel subsidy remover, plate number and most importantly, pay attentions to issue of kerosin.
Thank you and may God gives you more power, good health and wisdom to always descend hard on most of this senseless individuals.
Long live Nigeria.
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by ebere1712: 1:01pm On Dec 03, 2011
Nigeria is a sh*it hole just like many Nigerians are dickheads without any functional thinking brain cells. Chude I hate Nigeria too, just like a lot of people do for one reason or the other. The problem is that these people want human rights but frown at a minority getting the same human right. They are cowards that would be non entities in any reasonable society unlike Nigeria. It is a shame that I have to carry a disgrace like the Nigerian passport whilst travelling. It makes me look part of the hugely crude community of (Nigerian) baboons. We are not homos*exuals, that means we have to punish homo*sexuals - Nigeria lawmakers and fellow baboons. We are Muslims and worship Allah, that means we have to attack Christians - Nigerian Muslims and fellow religious fanatics. We have a moral code, okay lets impose it on others - re*tarded Nigerian politicians and most of its re*tarded populace. Keep your moral and religious codes to yourselves, don't legislate it you moronic baboons. Anyways karma is a bytch. The law these retards supported would come back to taunt them. Wait till those inbred policemen interpret this law for you; you would start coughing money. Once again welcome to Nigeristan
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by antartica(m): 1:52pm On Dec 03, 2011
Nigerians are very primitive peeps. G.ay right cannot make sense to this deluded generation of nigerians,not even to the immediate nest generation. Making them see reason can be comparable to telling 18th century oyinbos that black peeps and white peeps were created equal, abomination they will say. Not that being ga.y is the best of thing conventionally but it is a fundamental human right and people that are ga.y should be left alone to their own faith. I wouldnt advice anyone to be openly g.ay in a lawless and irrational country like nigeria because that will be as dangerous as getting caught stealing a loaf of mere bread on the street of lagos or onitsha- cruel mob lynching. My people have a long way to go in understanding what the universe is all about,at this moment they think it belongs to jesus and mohammad,hence the lack of common and reasoning.
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by Sagamite(m): 2:28pm On Dec 03, 2011
If anyone knows this foool called Chude Jideonwo, please invite him to come here and come and debate and defend his low-thinking points with me.
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by Kilode1: 2:42pm On Dec 03, 2011
Sagamite:

If anyone knows this foool called Chude Jideonwo, please invite him to come here and come and debate and defend his low-thinking points with me.

Sagamite, this is chude's twitter handle --> @chude

DM him and invite him, I dey wait for the debate o.
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by Sagamite(m): 3:50pm On Dec 03, 2011
Kilode?!:

Sagamite, this is chude's twitter handle --> @chude

DM him and invite him, I dey wait for the debate o.

twi-kilonjebe?

Me? I be illiterate for all that lambola technology o. grin grin grin grin grin grin

All una techie, abeg make some twi am make im come meet us here explain im argument.

Abeg. Mo be yin o! Do that for us wey no go school o.  grin

I will love the opportunity in taking delight in slaughtering him intellectually. angry

Any volunteers?
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by Kilode1: 7:16pm On Dec 03, 2011
^

LOL. Arugbo, you no even sabi tweet grin

Anyway maybe one of his followers will invite him, not sure if he has a blog tho.

Me I wan read debate between Nigerian Liberals and this Traditionalist Babalawo from Sagamu embarassed
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by Sagamite(m): 7:32pm On Dec 03, 2011
Kilode?!:

^

LOL. Arugbo, you no even sabi tweet grin

Anyway maybe one of his followers will invite him, not sure if he has a blog tho.

Me I wan read debate between Nigerian Liberals and this Traditionalist Babalawo from Sagamu embarassed

They are not a match. grin
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by lastpage: 3:53pm On Dec 14, 2011
Chude Jide-What?

America will not even remember how he sounds!

Any 'Black Man" is a tool, to be used and dump when finished with.

Go and ask all those "despotic African leaders and their Asian counterparts" that America used as a means to achieving their ends. Even Noriega (Panama), Osama (Soviet war in Agphanistan), Ghadafi (Libya), Mubarak (Egypt), e.t.c

Was it not teh same America that planed and ensured their downfall? After they served their purpose of course.

Let that Chude-Chude be shooting his mouth because he wants "to appear present" grin grin wink
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by Sagamite(m): 8:00am On Dec 15, 2011
No one has been able to get this guy on twitter?

Abeg na.

Even if he does not come here after notification, if you notified him just post here to let us know.
Re: Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian by udezue(m): 9:16am On Dec 15, 2011
I applaud Chude. Nation of blood-thirsty people. smh

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader / BREAKING: Obasanjo Bombs Jonathan Again / 2015 Presidential Election Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.