Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Time For Change: Eagle Square - 11:12:11 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time For Change: Eagle Square - 11:12:11 (466 Views)

Okada Riders Take Over Abuja Express, Headed To Eagle Square (photos) / Photo: Aisha Buhari Arrives Eagle Square For The Inauguration / Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Time For Change: Eagle Square - 11:12:11 by Pain(m): 8:12am On Dec 02, 2011
Fellow Youths,

The incessant spate of police brutality, unemployment , outright insincerity and insensitivity of the present "JoeBoy" administration to the plight of the average Nigerian is increasing by the day. Every day the headlines greet us with one sad gory tale or the other. For instance, consider the sad case of the young man brought down in his youth by the worthless bullet of a poorly trained trigger happy police man two days ago in Portharcourt.
That young man was just taking a walk. Imagine it could have been You or any of Your Loved Ones!! I can connect with the pain his family is going thru right now.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-814661.0.html

The big question is how long will we allow other mere mortals, born of women like You and I to deprive us of the basic amenities, social security and infrastructure that make life worth living? How long shall we wait to trigger a wave of change that will sweep across Sub-saharan Africa?

I know it will be hard because it is easier to gather us for a "grin'banj Concert" or a "Nigerian Idol" Audition than to Gather us for Change.
That said, if you have the balls I propose:

Date: 11.12.11
Venue: Eagle Square Abuja

wink

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Hits Bauchi / ASUU To Commence Total Strike Today / For Sale:various Plots Of Lands At Ikeja Gra, Opebi, Adeniyi Jones, Wemabod, Ikj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.