Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Grilled Tilapia Recipe - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Grilled Tilapia Recipe (3689 Views)

Grilled Tilapia Fish Recipe-this Post Is For Men..impress A Woman With This / Man Finds Dead Rat In Grilled Full Chicken He Purchased...(pics) / Recipe For Losing Weight..... Lose 12kg In Two Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grilled Tilapia Recipe by kadirecipe(f): 10:36am On Dec 02, 2011
Hello family just wanted to share how to grill tilapia.

Ingredients:
1 whole tilapia
1 onion, grated
1 tbsp of grated ginger or ground ginger
1 maggi
1 tbsp hot pepper
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp garlic, grated
some finely chopped parsley
salt and pepper

Direction:

Mix all the ingredients together except the Tilapia. You want to make a paste with the ingredients (you can use a food processor or mix with a fork)
Then marinate the fish with that mixture, coat the fish really well ,put everywhere (even inside the head of the tilapia) . Let it sit for 2 hour or overnight in the refrigerator.

The next step is to heat your barbeque or grill and grill the fish until done ( around 30 min) 15 min per side.
When it ready serve as a side dish with onion sauce or anything you want.

Oh i love grill tilapia, how about you guys?

Re: Grilled Tilapia Recipe by MissyB3(f): 10:52am On Dec 02, 2011
Looks yummy! kiss Thanks for the recipe. smiley
Re: Grilled Tilapia Recipe by MyJoe: 11:56am On Dec 02, 2011
Looks good. Do you think it will come out well if I do it without the onions?
Re: Grilled Tilapia Recipe by MissyB3(f): 11:59am On Dec 02, 2011
MyJoe, you don't like/cook with onions?
Re: Grilled Tilapia Recipe by MyJoe: 12:36pm On Dec 02, 2011
Not if I'm doing the cooking or have any control over it. Some diet stuff. I do eat it in error or when I can't just be bothered.
Re: Grilled Tilapia Recipe by MissyB3(f): 12:38pm On Dec 02, 2011
I see!  smiley

The taste should remain the same without the onions. . . . It seems it was used as a garnish.
Just don't grill your fingers too. grin tongue
Re: Grilled Tilapia Recipe by kadirecipe(f): 1:14pm On Dec 02, 2011
MyJoe:

Looks good. Do you think it will come out well if I do it without the onions?

You don't have to add the onions, it is just use to add more flavor to the fish .
Re: Grilled Tilapia Recipe by MyJoe: 1:54pm On Dec 02, 2011
Missy ★ B:

I see!  smiley

The taste should remain the same without the onions. . . . It seems it was used as a garnish.
Just don't grill your fingers too. grin tongue
He he. I'll remember that! smiley

kadirecipe:

You don't have to add the onions, it is just use to add more flavor to the fish .
Thank you.
Re: Grilled Tilapia Recipe by tgurl1: 4:32pm On Jan 10, 2012
thanks 4 d recipe,bt jstone more thing. hw do clean out d intestine of d fish or dont i need to do dt?
Thanks
Re: Grilled Tilapia Recipe by kadirecipe(f): 4:41pm On Jan 10, 2012
t-gurl:

thanks 4 d recipe,bt jstone more thing. hw do clean out d intestine of d fish or dont i need to do dt?
Thanks
Oh yeah you are right i didn't mention about cleaning the fish but i was assuming that it would be clean where you buy it.
yes you need to use a sharp knife or scissor to open the fish and use your hand to pull out the intestine.
Re: Grilled Tilapia Recipe by tgurl1: 4:52pm On Jan 10, 2012
thank u
Re: Grilled Tilapia Recipe by babytejiri(m): 8:04am On Jun 14, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Best Pizza Spots In Abuja (my Opinion) / Please, Does Anybody Know How To Make PANCAKE?? I Wanna Learn Please.... :D / Please Advice On How To Make Soup Less Salty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.