Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

O Ye My People! - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / O Ye My People! (91730 Views)

Bring Ye All The Tights… / All Ye Libers!!!! / Nlanders Whose Command Shall Ye Obey!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: O Ye My People! by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 13, 2011
Katsumoto, the afghani japani samurai wielding spanish nigeria; I never said i wasn't from the hinterland o as pe i no be 'ade'ko de're' grin grin grin grin dem angry smileys dey sweet my bele.
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 8:29pm On Dec 13, 2011
Katsumoto:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We are not interested in watching rich bimbos; go and sell somewhere else. 

Don't hate; some ladies dig the big, strong, and ugly guyscool 

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Einstein .   

The smart ladies are already preparing for that by sticking with those dudes, especially if they wield a Katana and/or Tachi.  tongue

embarassed   undecided      lipsrsealed

naijababe:

Someone tell Isale to quit spamming the thread jo

*shrug*
Re: O Ye My People! by Kilode1: 1:33am On Dec 14, 2011
isale_gan2:

Yes nau. "Jew pass Jew" o. Remember the Falashas from Ethiopia? lipsrsealed

Kilode,
If you have time, watch the first video.  Oyinbo chicks na headache o.  You think Black women got drama.  cheesy

BTW, I'm trying to post more in Politics section, since that's how I started here on NL anyway.  I wonder what/who derailed me from that.  Hmmm.  grin

Politics will never be the same again.  Hold on to your hat!  Ah!  And OAM4J is the mod too!  Oh, this will be loads of fun.  I see HBP and a resignation in the offing.  I kid I jest. grin   grin   grin

Well, I'll like to formally inform you that I will be heading to the Romance Section embarassed

The politics section has become propaganda Central. It's time to invest e-time with the happy-go-lucky folks in the Romance section. I heard great things are happening there.

I'll submit my resignation papers to Oga OAM4Jarus in due course.

Politics Naija don tire person. The Flesh is wiling but the spirit is weak. grin

I'll also check Literature, Food and Celebrity section out. Life is short.
Re: O Ye My People! by Kilode1: 1:35am On Dec 14, 2011
Orunmila did not expressly forbid the finer things of life.

As long as its in moderation. wink

Igba ko lo bi orere embarassed
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 2:05am On Dec 14, 2011
Kilode?!:

Well, I'll like to formally inform you that I will be heading to the Romance Section embarassed

The politics section has become propaganda Central. It's time to invest e-time with the happy-go-lucky folks in the Romance section. I heard great things are happening there.

shocked   lipsrsealed 

Go in peace, my broda.  But, be warned.

ROMANCE:
". . .Then look for me by moonlight,
Watch for me by moonlight,
I'll come to thee by moonlight,
though Hell should bar the way.". . .

NAIRALAND ROMANCE:
"Naija Girls Too Dey Like Money Too Well."
"Naija Girls Too Dey Front."
"Naija Girls Too Dey Smell."
"Which is Worse, Naija Girls or AA Girls?"
"SW Women Uglier Than SE Women."

I'll submit my resignation papers to Oga [b]OAM4Jarus [/b]in due course.

Oh, good one!  That'll stick.  cheesy

Politics Naija don tire person. The Flesh is wiling but the spirit is weak. grin

Na empty threat.  Politics is in your blood.  cool

I'll also check Literature, Food and Celebrity section out. Life is short.

Hang in there, bros. 

Psst!  We'll blow this joint soon enough.  Off to our blog we'll go. wink  Shush. lipsrsealed

grin grin grin
Re: O Ye My People! by Kilode1: 5:20am On Dec 14, 2011
Things that are waaaaaaay better than politics

VIC O
[flash=390,490]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3y1WNX8XLc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/flash]
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 5:29am On Dec 14, 2011
Kilode?!:

Things that are waaaaaaay better than politics

VIC O
[flash=390,490]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3y1WNX8XLc[/flash]

fixed. smiley
Re: O Ye My People! by blacksta(m): 1:09pm On Dec 14, 2011
kastumoto

I want to learn Martial arts - which one do you recommend.

and yes before i forget

7th page of pillow filler - fluff
Re: O Ye My People! by Olaone1: 1:19pm On Dec 14, 2011
blacksta:

kastumoto

and yes before i forget

C'mon, man. Tell the truth and shame the devil. You are enjoying this thread - our convo.

You are hooked - for good! cheesy wink

That's how we do it. wink
Re: O Ye My People! by Katsumoto: 2:18pm On Dec 14, 2011
blacksta:

kastumoto

and yes before i forget

What is your goal? Self-defense, discipline, become an assassin, fitness?

Wushu (Kung fu) is generally good for all round self-defense and discipline but as it is Chinese, it is more or less pacifist. Meaning, you are never the aggressor and even when pushed sometimes, you have to keep refusing to fight. But the philosophy is changing these days with many non-chinese Masters. So if you want Wushu without the pacifist (egbe) mentality, then you need a non-Chinese Master (I am generalising here). Wushu training can be either internal body (heart, well being, etc) or external (muscle development, etc)

If you are looking for fitness, kick boxing is a good one because it works your entire body plus its very rapid. but its a poor man's Wushu or Karate

Now for the best (Japanese Martial Arts)

Aikido - Very dangerous and can result in prison time (GBH) if you are the aggressor because it usually results in broken parts for your opponent (think Steven Segal). But it is very handy if you are outnumbered because your number of opponents reduces rather quickly.

Judo and Jujutsu - are good one-on-one arts that are less dangerous than Aikido and are grappling and throwing arts. Judo is particularly good when fighting people who are considerably larger than you because you use their weight as your strength. These two are good arts for women.

Karate - Mixture of Japanese and Wushu fighting styles. Thats why its very similar to Wushu but I believe that Wushu is superior in technique and styles.

Now, if you are still a very young man and still want to become an assassin, grin you can try ninjutsu (think ninja) which uses stealth and deception.

There are many sword fighting arts but I imagine, you are not interested in those. Particularly, as its difficult to obtain and transport a sword these days.

My favourite is Aikido of course; don't ask me why. grin grin grin but I will recommend Wushu or Karate
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 3:01pm On Dec 14, 2011
Katsumoto,
What about Tai Chi? What would be the pros and cons of choosing that?

BTW, Blacksta,
You can learn even sword-fighting self, I'll gonna kick ya lipsrsealed. Ya can run but you kaint hide, hombre. grin
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 3:03pm On Dec 14, 2011
Katsumoto,
Or even Yoga. Which I know wouldn't be considered martial arts sha.
Thanks.
Re: O Ye My People! by AjanleKoko: 3:24pm On Dec 14, 2011
isale_gan2:

Katsumoto,
What about Tai Chi?  What would be the pros and cons of choosing that?

Haba, isale. Tai Chi is for old people with no energy.
I know this thread has been quite long and torturous, but you can't possibly have aged that much grin

isale_gan2:

How about the Kama Sutra?
Lots of 'fighting' positions in there grin
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 3:32pm On Dec 14, 2011
AjanleKoko:

I know this thread has been quite long and torturous, but you can't possibly have aged that much grin

[size=18pt]*FALLS DOWN DEAD* [/size]
Re: O Ye My People! by Katsumoto: 3:44pm On Dec 14, 2011
isale_gan2:

Katsumoto,
What about Tai Chi? What would be the pros and cons of choosing that?

BTW, Blacksta,
You can learn even sword-fighting self, I'll gonna kick ya lipsrsealed. Ya can run but you kaint hide, hombre. grin

isale_gan2:

Katsumoto,
Thanks.

Yoga or Tai chi

Is Blacksta planning on fighting toddlers, OAPs, or dumb blondes?? Yoga can't even be considered a sport let alone a martial art.

AjanleKoko:

Lots of 'fighting' positions in there
grin

I haven't heard of that; I have to find a good Mistress (it can't be a Master) for that. grin grin grin grin
Re: O Ye My People! by OAM4J: 4:00pm On Dec 14, 2011
AjanleKoko:

hahahahahhaha grin grin grin I really don't know about it too, but it sounds much better than all the ones kats recommended.

Can I have a female to go through the learning process with me? grin grin
Re: O Ye My People! by debosky(m): 4:05pm On Dec 14, 2011
naijababe:

You can have Kosovo, sorry I meant Debo. Ko gbona to fun mi o jare

Ma to'ja mi o. . . .Kosovo ko, Kosoko ni.  tongue

Besides, mo gbona felifeli juu amala to jina gaan gaan. .  . . . don't hate me cos mo gbona ju mr naijababe lo. cheesy cheesy

isale_gan2:

shocked  Debo is 10 out of 10.  Don't even front.

Awww. . . .makes me wanna dance to Naeto C. wink When are you posting your own pic sef? I need to see if your swag is as bad as your brag. grin

Debo, are you going to take that from a haggis loving shepherds pie eating Scottish-Nigerian?  Dare her to post a pic of Mr. Naijababe.  

naijababe? Don't mind her - she goes weak at the knees whenever I say I'll show up in her backyard.

*Singing*

Debo ko gb'omo wa, sugbon o le gb'omo lo.

cool cool
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 4:22pm On Dec 14, 2011
Katsumoto:

Yoga or Tai chi  

Is Blacksta planning on fighting toddlers, OAPs, or dumb blondes?? Yoga can't even be considered a sport let alone a martial art.

I haven't heard of that; I have to find a good Mistress (it can't be a Master) for that.  grin grin grin grin

Forget about Blacksta the fluff-hater.  

Answer my question: Where does Tai Chi and Yoga fall in when evaluating physical fitness routines?

I'm not even going to comment on what you and the [size=4pt]hyena-poking dog[/size] drank this ominous day. *(I got that name from a lunatic "friend" of Aja's)
embarassed

*Sensing Katsumoto wants a fight, I am keeping a low profile. Starting NOW!  lipsrsealed

P.S. I see Omaj4 came out of hiding. Nothing to do with Karma something. No, not at all. Okay okay I'm lipsrsealed

cheesy
Re: O Ye My People! by Kilode1: 4:37pm On Dec 14, 2011
Katsumoto:

What is your goal? Self-defense, discipline, become an assassin, fitness?

Wushu (Kung fu) is generally good for all round self-defense and discipline but as it is Chinese, it is more or less pacifist. Meaning, you are never the aggressor and even when pushed sometimes, you have to keep refusing to fight. But the philosophy is changing these days with many non-chinese Masters. So if you want Wushu without the pacifist (egbe) mentality, then you need a non-Chinese Master (I am generalising here). Wushu training can be either internal body (heart, well being, etc) or external (muscle development, etc)

If you are looking for fitness, kick boxing is a good one because it works your entire body plus its very rapid. but its a poor man's Wushu or Karate

Now for the best (Japanese Martial Arts)

Aikido - Very dangerous and can result in prison time (GBH) if you are the aggressor because it usually results in broken parts for your opponent (think Steven Segal). But it is very handy if you are outnumbered because your number of opponents reduces rather quickly.

Judo and Jujutsu - are good one-on-one arts that are less dangerous than Aikido and are grappling and throwing arts. Judo is particularly good when fighting people who are considerably larger than you because you use their weight as your strength. These two are good arts for women.

Karate - Mixture of Japanese and Wushu fighting styles. Thats why its very similar to Wushu but I believe that Wushu is superior in technique and styles.

Now, if you are still a very young man and still want to become an assassin, grin you can try ninjutsu (think ninja) which uses stealth and deception.

There are many sword fighting arts but I imagine, you are not interested in those. Particularly, as its difficult to obtain and transport a sword these days.

My favourite is Aikido of course; don't ask me why. grin grin grin but I will recommend Wushu or Karate

Kini gbogbo eleyii?? angry

blacksta:

kastumoto

and yes before i forget

Bros just learn Gidigbo or Ijakadi (tested and trusted) grin

Abeg forget all the story posted by my Japo-Spaniard brotha.

He's "literally" pulling your legs embarassed
Re: O Ye My People! by mbulela: 4:51pm On Dec 14, 2011
AjanleKoko:

I hear Alomo improves your ability in this.
Besides, the uniform is very affordable.
Re: O Ye My People! by OAM4J: 4:51pm On Dec 14, 2011
isale_gan2:

Answer my question: Where does Tai Chi and Yoga fall in when evaluating physical fitness routines?

I'm not even going to comment on what you and the [size=4pt]hyena-poking dog[/size] drank this ominous day. *(I got that name from a lunatic "friend" of Aja's)
embarassed

*Sensing Katsumoto wants a fight, I am keeping a low profile. Starting NOW!  lipsrsealed

P.S. I see Omaj4 came out of hiding.  Nothing to do with Karma something.  No, not at all.  Okay okay I'm  lipsrsealed

cheesy

Yeah my coming out has to do with Kama Sutra  tongue

Kilode?!:

Kini gbogbo eleyii??  angry

Bros just learn Gidigbo or Ijakadi (tested and trusted)  grin

He's "literally" pulling your legs  embarassed

ROTFLMAO  grin grin grin grin

Gidigbo or Ijakadi  (plus our own juju) Vs Wushu or Aikido or  Jujutsu ( This Jujutsu be like say e get juju inside). Anyways I know the winner already  grin grin
Re: O Ye My People! by Katsumoto: 7:05pm On Dec 14, 2011
OAM4J:

hahahahahhaha grin grin grin I really don't know about it too, but it sounds much better than all the ones kats recommended.

Can I have a female to go through the learning process with me? grin grin

I am very sure its better than all the arts suggested by Katsumoto but this one has the ability to land you in serious wahala and you won't be able to defend yourself. So it's better to know both. tongue

isale_gan2:

embarassed

P.S. I see Omaj4 came out of hiding. Nothing to do with Karma something. No, not at all. Okay okay I'm lipsrsealed

cheesy

How many ways do I have to express the fact that I don't care about Tai Chi or Yoga? angry I am neither Jane fonda or an OAP.

Don't mind that yeye OAM4J, came out like an eager 12 yr old as soon as he saw something related to man and woman wrestling.

Kilode?!:

Kini gbogbo eleyii?? angry

Bros just learn Gidigbo or Ijakadi (tested and trusted) grin

He's "literally" pulling your legs embarassed

Yo gidigbo can only take you so far. Don't kid yourself bro

OAM4J:

Yeah my coming out has to do with Kama Sutra  tongue

ROTFLMAO  grin grin grin grin

Gidigbo or Ijakadi  (plus our own juju) Vs Wushu or Aikido or  Jujutsu ( This Jujutsu be like say e get juju inside). Anyways I know the winner already  grin grin

Winner is as clear as day. You can only do Gidigbo with the person that you can touch. cool
Re: O Ye My People! by Katsumoto: 7:10pm On Dec 14, 2011
mbulela:

What is Alomo? is it some sort of native via.gra?

The uniform is not always cheap; sometimes you have to invest in some uniforms for the starters (round 1) and there are also other types equipment. *cough cough cough* grin
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 7:41pm On Dec 14, 2011
If haven't already done so, go immediately to your most frequented NL sections and nominate your favourite posters, including favourite moderator.  The threads are easy to find when you click each section.  smiley

I think tonight, Naija-time, is the deadline for nominations.
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 8:47pm On Dec 14, 2011
BTW, Kilode WTF is this s#!@  angry

Kilode?!:

VIC O
[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3y1WNX8XLc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/flash]

I am sorry I embedded it.  embarassed

I cannot clean my ears and eyes hard enough to remove the 2mins I just spent watching that thing.  Kilode, as the hip Naijas say, you don fall hand be that.  That was atrocious!  Please don't make me hurt you o.  I broke my Vow of Silence to warn you about posting such, ever again.  Naijas aping akata.  Judas Priest!  undecided

[size=2pt]I'm sorry if that was harsh. Just be glad I hate Katsumoto more.[/size] cool grin
Re: O Ye My People! by Kilode1: 9:10pm On Dec 14, 2011
^
Glad you looooooooved it. I'll post more when I get a minute.

BTW, even puff daddy can't make those small small Italian cars look cooler than that.

Did you see the durag? Did you listen to the rhymes?

Did you see that video girl with blonde hair? So hood, so cool

Better than politics

Epic! grin
Re: O Ye My People! by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 14, 2011
mbulela:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

@ kilode, can't say i blame you per romance section decision, plenty comedy dey dia, u may begin to run from naija babes sha because e be like say babes don teach a few of the posters some unforgettable lessons
Re: O Ye My People! by Kilode1: 11:12pm On Dec 14, 2011
naijababe:

@ kilode, can't say i blame you per romance section decision, plenty comedy dey dia, u may begin to run from naija babes sha because e be like say babes don teach a few of the posters some unforgettable lessons

Coming from the authentic naijababe, I'll take your words of caution to heart.

But kini emere fe fi Omo awo se?
Re: O Ye My People! by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 14, 2011
Kilode?!:

Coming from the authentic naijababe, I'll take your words of caution to heart.

But kini emere fe fi Omo awo se?

beeni o, another one na counterfeit cheesy
Re: O Ye My People! by blacksta(m): 12:18am On Dec 15, 2011
Kastumoto

I have just watched the film Blood and Bone. Now that what I call martial arts.

Which brand of MA is that?
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 12:22am On Dec 15, 2011
Blacksta's training is going well with his Sensei, Katsumoto.

Yeah, the Jap looked about as I expected.  Didn't think Blacksta would be that yella sha; goofier taller and thinner than I imagined too. grin

[flash=500,340]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4dkuYro4t8[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4dkuYro4t8

Looku haiyi. .  .always looku haiyi! grin grin grin
[flash=460,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BpwdhAhep0[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BpwdhAhep0
Re: O Ye My People! by Katsumoto: 1:44am On Dec 15, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin U are too funny.

blacksta:

Kastumoto

I have just watched the film Blood and Bone. Now that what I call martial arts.

Which brand of MA is that?

I haven't seen the actual movie but I have seen the trailer. The main character (Michael Jai White) and some other fighters employed Wushu techniques and style. But other characters employed other mixed martial arts. Did you recognise Kimbo Slice (the black dude with the bushy beards) in that movie? He is/was the baddest underground fighter in the US before he joined the UFC. But his (Kimbo) style his more bare knuckle boxing. He is big on Youtube.

naijababe:

beeni o, another one na counterfeit cheesy

Ako ti po ju angry

naijababe:

The first section I used to frequent on NL was the romance section but I never used to post there. The stories there were too funny; I went there for comic relief. Then I discovered the politics just by chance and I haven't been back to romance since. Maybe I will join Kilode in the Romance section as well. Politics section has been hijacked by the ,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (68) (Reply)

Avoid Doing These 6 Things As A Man If You Want To Live Long And Remain Fertile / Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace / Happy Birthday To Me. This Is How God Transformed My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.