Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors (4752 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu To Become APGA Leader / Awolowo Asked Ojukwu To Be Open And Forthright . But Ojukwu Was Trying To Do Wuru Wuru Backroom Deals / Ojukwu To Be Buried In American Gold Casket –bianca (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by nduchucks: 2:04am On Dec 05, 2011
Ojukwu To Be Buried Feb 2

Why can't they just bury the man and let him rest in peace already!

The late Biafra leader, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu will be buried on February 2, next year, Anambra State Governor Peter Obi announced yesterday.

Obi spoke to reporters after a meeting of Southeast governors in Enugu.

According to him, although the funeral will begin in Enugu, the late Ojukwu’s body will be taken to his country home, Nnewi, for burial.

According to the governor, a committee will be set up to discuss the burial.

He said all the Southeast and Southsouth states that made up the former Eastern Region as well the presidency will participate in the ceremonies.

“On 2nd of February, 2012, the burial ceremony of Dim Ojukwu will take place in Enugu, after which his remains will be taken to his country home, Nnewi for internment”.

The ceremonies will begin in Enugu because it was the capital of the former Eastern Region, Obi said.

It was also gathered that Ojukwu’s remains will be taken to Zungeru, Niger State his birth place, and Lagos where he started his career.

Also yesterday, the National Executive Council (NEC) of the apex Igbo Socio-cultural Organisation (Ohanaeze Ndigbo), led by Amb. Raph Uwechue, visited the family of the late Ojukwu yesterday to condole with them.

They also addressed the Nnewi National Assembly and the traditional ruler of the commercial city, Obi Kenneth Orizu.

The President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo told the family and the people of Nnewi that Ndigbo will only be happy if the Ikemba Nnewi is given a state burial.

Ohanaeze said Nigeria should honour the great height attained by Ojukwu by honouring him in a special way.

After signing the condolence register at the Ojukwu family home in Umudim, Uwechue said Ojukwu died when Ndigbo needed his leadership counsel the most.

The traditional ruler of Nnewi, Igwe Kennenth Orizu, said at his palace that Ojukwu’s death should bring unity in Igboland. He described his death as painful.

Former President General of Ohaneze Dr Dozie Ikedife said before the former warlord’s burial, the Federal Government should bestow national honour on him or stay off his burial.

The Secretary General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nduka Eya urged the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) to ensure that Ojukwu’s legacy does not die.

A younger brother of the late Ikemba Nnewi, Mr Sunday Ojukwu, praised Ohanaeze for respecting his brother, with their visit.

The Director of Information of MASSOB, Comrade Uchenna Madu, said the group took over the family house of Ojukwu to avoid any breakdown of law and order.

He urged the Federal Government and Obi to rehabilitate the Oba to Okigwe road and other Nnewi roads that are dilapidated before his burial.

Uwechue said: “Ojukwu died for Igbo cause and we must give him every respect he deserves.

“He never thought of breaking up Nigeria, but he fought in order not to allow the Igbo nation to be conquered by anybody, I resigned my position as Nigeria’s Ambassador to France to join Ojukwu in his cause to liberate Ndigbo. I was not sacked.”

The former Prefect, Congregation for Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments, Francis Cardinal Arinze has thanked Obi for the attention given to the late Ojukwu during his illness.

In a letter to the Governor, Cardinal Arinze promised to continue to remember the dead hero at Holy Mass so that he will have eternal rest.

He extolled the late Ojukwu’s intelligence, firmness of principles, love for his people, high qualities of leadership and courage to face challenges, noting that he occupies a significant place in the history of Nigeria.

The Catholic Bishop of Nnewi, the Most Reverend Hilary Paul Odili Okeke, said Ojukwu’s death end the earthly life of a legend.

Rev Okeke noted that the late Ojukwu, in spite of numerous challenges, remained the undisputed Igbo leader, the authentic rallying point of all Igbo people and one who had the  interest of Ndigbo at heart, a patriot and an icon who led the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) with vision and courage.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/28676-ojukwu-to-be-buried-feb-2.html

Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by NegroNtns(m): 3:24am On Dec 05, 2011
I have a lot to say but I'm waiting for his body to go in groud first. I don't think I can keep my mouth shut till February, it's a long time to restrain my tongue and that's unacceptable to me. angry
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by Mosesli: 12:11pm On Dec 05, 2011
Sad. Adie great one.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by otokx(m): 12:21pm On Dec 05, 2011
Thought he was Roman catholic?
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:43pm On Dec 05, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

I have a lot to say but I'm waiting for his body to go in groud first. I don't think I can keep my mouth shut till February, it's a long time to restrain my tongue and that's unacceptable to me. angry
eko toilet , Blue-prick-tooth and their south west likes has said it all
so nothing new again grin grin grin grin
Anambra gonna experience the HIGHEST burial ever!!!! cool cool cool cool cool cool
because the great one is about to Rest In Perfect Peace cool cool cool
BRING IT ON smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by ideylaff: 12:44pm On Dec 05, 2011
With all the shameful tribalistic war going on NL. and within his people ( d na me get d body and na u get to bury am 1st war),  you wld have expected a lovely website to have bn built where people can pay their last respect to him,

instead they are busy planning to carry his body all over the place,

http://www.nationaldailyngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=310&Itemid=542

Tschewwwww

I don't get involved in all the NL tribal wars but I just had 2 comment cos its just shameful and embarrassing

How long does it take to build a website?.
angry embarassed
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:45pm On Dec 05, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Ojukwu To Be Buried Feb 2

Why can't they just bury the man and let him rest in peace already!

who are you to suggest 
Okukwu is a GREAT ONE both in and outside Nigeria smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 05, 2011
Am tired of hearing bout this assh*le, let him rest in hell angry
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by brainpulse: 12:52pm On Dec 05, 2011
wASTING RESOURCES ON A DEAD MAN THAT NEVER ADDED VALUE TO ANY IGBO RACE BUT HANDED THEM OVER TO THE SLOTTER SLAB LIKE PIGS
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by Mkpotu(m): 1:01pm On Dec 05, 2011
@Brainpulse, abi? Don't you think that this your statement is like one coming from a comatose brain, why not leave them to adore and admire who they want.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by chikis(m): 1:25pm On Dec 05, 2011
brainpulse:

wASTING RESOURCES ON A DEAD MAN THAT NEVER ADDED VALUE TO ANY IGBO RACE BUT HANDED THEM OVER TO THE SLOTTER SLAB LIKE PIGS
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by mjconcept(m): 1:31pm On Dec 05, 2011
Mkpotu:

@Brainpulse, abi? Don't you think that this your statement is like one coming from a comatose brain, why not leave them to adore and admire who they want.
well said even if we decide to  skin him how is that ur bloody busines,interfaring into another business na wa for una ooo.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by AfroBlue(m): 2:41pm On Dec 05, 2011
Burial Plan: Ojukwu family in disarray

http://www.nationaldailyngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2205:burial-plan-ojukwu-family-in-disarray&catid=310:current-edition&Itemid=542

" Ojukwu's funeral arrangement, according to sources will include the movement of his remains to such countries like Cote d'Voire where he spent twelve years in exile, courtesy Houphouet Boigny, the Ivorian President who died in 1993. His body may also be taken to Gabon, one of the countries that not only recognised Biafra but contributed materials to the suffering children of Biafra through the approval of late President Omar Bongo. Some personalities in Britain are also said to be clamouring for the body of the World renowned dead warlord to be laid in state at Oxford University, London. However sources said, that some Nnewi High Chiefs argue that it is a taboo to fly the corpse of their great son around the world and are therefore kicking against the plan."
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by manosteel(m): 3:37pm On Dec 05, 2011
President Goodluck Jonathan to lead federal goverment delegation.

Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by success4(m): 4:05pm On Dec 05, 2011
May his soul rest and rot in HELL, grin
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by chimaike: 4:41pm On Dec 05, 2011
May your soul rest in perfect peace. Adieu Ojukwu.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by namfav(m): 5:43pm On Dec 05, 2011
so they are waiting for 3 months to bury him. do they have shame? they have to listen to nnewi high chiefs and stop using a dead mans body for gains and popularity
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by noiseless: 5:47pm On Dec 05, 2011
It's the love which you showered on us,it's from that love the we hornour you.Though some have tried to brainwash us against you,now they have come to know that they have failed.GOODNIGHT THE ODUM(LION) and rejoice for your people and real friends will forever bless your name.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by Johnpaul2k2(m): 5:51pm On Dec 05, 2011
noiseless:

It's the love which you showered on us,it's from that love the we hornour you.Though some have tried to brainwash us against you,now they have come to know that they have failed.GOODNIGHT THE ODUM(LION) and rejoice for your people and real friends will forever bless your name.
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
namfav:

so they are waiting for 3 months to bury him. do they have shame? they have to listen to nnewi high chiefs and stop using a dead mans body for gains and popularity
i know u must come. fooooooooooooolllllllllllll angry angry angry angry angry angry
success4:

May his soul rest and rot in HELL, grin
i will repeat this in your funeral grin grin grin grin
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by dayokanu(m): 5:59pm On Dec 05, 2011
Why not bury him in Abidjan his favourite destination
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 05, 2011
We are waiting for you General.

We shall honour you with all our resources.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by success4(m): 6:11pm On Dec 05, 2011
Johnpaul2k2:

cool cool cool cool cool cool cooli know u must come. fooooooooooooolllllllllllll angry angry angry angry angry angryi will repeat this in your funeral grin grin grin grin

you confirmed your foolishness
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by Johnpaul2k2(m): 6:32pm On Dec 05, 2011
success4:

you confirmed your foolishness
i wish u the same grin
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by success4(m): 6:33pm On Dec 05, 2011
Johnpaul2k2:

i wish u the same grin

Roflmao
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by LordNaya: 8:16pm On Dec 05, 2011
May awolowo soul rest and rot in hell. Nonsence Yoruba people
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by success4(m): 11:50pm On Dec 05, 2011
Lord Naya:

May awolowo soul rest and rot in hell. Nonsence Yoruba people

Na fight? You too dey vex ooo, lol grin
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by HighChief4(m): 12:41am On Dec 06, 2011
You can hate or like him, but you can never ignore him. Adieu the Great one. Rest in Peace The People's General Ikemba.
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by Onlytruth(m): 12:45am On Dec 06, 2011
noblezone:

We are waiting for you General.

We shall honour you with all our resources.

Amen!

The Great Ikemba will be accorded his honor and dues, and his legacy will live on. cool
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by yomideola: 4:34pm On Dec 06, 2011
okay,,,
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by otitisteve: 5:04pm On Dec 06, 2011
Sad
Re: Ojukwu To Be Buried On February 2nd 2012 – South-East Governors by nsiadi: 11:32pm On Dec 06, 2011
No one has rivaled this great man
Even @ death he continues to exhibit greatness
Adieu the beloved one

(1) (2) (Reply)

Splitting Nigeria Now Would Have Devastating Consequences On The South / PHOTO: How Gov. Fashola Wants Lagos Commercial Bus Conductor To Look Like / Jamaican Bride Dumps New Husband 20 MINUTES After Arriving In The UK [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.