Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

My Wife Lend Her Friend Money From Her Overdraft Account In Uk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Wife Lend Her Friend Money From Her Overdraft Account In Uk (1009 Views)

Saraki's PA Made 50 Deposits Into His Account In One Day - EFCC Detective / "Hope Uzodinma Infected My Wife With HIV-AIDS" - Godwin Ebubeagu Ekenulo / Diezani Alison-madueke Appears In UK Court - BBC Correspondent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Lend Her Friend Money From Her Overdraft Account In Uk by GbengaDar: 7:20am On Dec 05, 2011
Hello All,

My wife  lend her friend money from her overdraft account in UK and the friend is not paying back. When I met the lady in UK last time she promised to be paying back end of every month a certain amount and I just find out today that she hasn't been paying. The bank keeps charging her interest on the overdrawn amount which must be paid every month. This has affected my wife credit rating and she decided to be paying the interest because of our credit rating.

I would like to know if there is any legal action that can be taking because there is no document agreement signed between them.
Re: My Wife Lend Her Friend Money From Her Overdraft Account In Uk by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 05, 2011
okay?

If there's a document signed between the two of them and you still have that document, take the case to a civil court.

Are you sure her "she" friend that you met is really the one she's helping? I hope say your wife no dey scam you.
Re: My Wife Lend Her Friend Money From Her Overdraft Account In Uk by GbengaDar: 7:30am On Dec 05, 2011
Sorry my last statement was a typo error "I would like to know if there is any legal action that can be taking because there is no document agreement signed between them.'
Re: My Wife Lend Her Friend Money From Her Overdraft Account In Uk by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 05, 2011
^^^ No document, might be imossible.

It's your words against hers. She can even pretend to not know who you/ your wife are when you get to court.

I mean, is there any witness (not friends or family, an authority figure)  who can validate the help?
Re: My Wife Lend Her Friend Money From Her Overdraft Account In Uk by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 05, 2011
Mehn, in times like this, always keep your "IOU"s with you.
Re: My Wife Lend Her Friend Money From Her Overdraft Account In Uk by juman(m): 1:49pm On Dec 05, 2011
Gbenga Dar:

Hello All,

My wife lend her friend money from her overdraft account in UK and the friend is not paying back. When I met the lady in UK last time she promised to be paying back end of every month a certain amount and I just find out today that she hasn't been paying. The bank keeps charging her interest on the overdrawn amount which must be paid every month. This has affected my wife credit rating and she decided to be paying the interest because of our credit rating.

I would like to know if there is any legal action that can be taking because there is no document agreement signed between them.

Very unfortunate.
I think both you and your wife should sit down with the friend and have a very serious talk on the debt.

If there is any proof of money transfer between your wife and the friend, I think at least you have feeble ground to rely on.

(1) (Reply)

Canada Moves To Strip Thousands Of Citizenship! / We ‘ll Continue To Wage War Against Govt Untill…boko Haram Spokesman / Tunde Bakare Should Apologize To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.