Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,143 members, 7,860,109 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:36 AM

Pride Goes Before A Fall - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pride Goes Before A Fall (1370 Views)

Photos: Swedish Gays Pride Parade Swallowed Up By God's Wrath / Jesus Goes Before You (john 10:4) / No Matter The Economy Of The Jungle.i Can Never Eat Grass...it Is Not Pride... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pride Goes Before A Fall by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:12pm On Dec 05, 2011
[shadow=red,left]Daily Manna[/shadow]

Pride Goes Before a Fall

TEXT: ISAIAH 23:1-18

"The Lord of hosts hath purposed it, to stain the pride of all glory, and to bring into contempt all the honourable of the earth" (Isaiah 23:9).

One of the Early Church fathers once said, "Pride is the commencement of all sin because it was this which overthrew the devil, from whom arose the origin of sin; and afterwards, when his malice and envy pursued man, who was yet standing in his uprightness, it subverted him in the same way in which he himself fell. For the serpent, in fact, only sought for the door of pride whereby to enter when he said, ‘Ye shall be as gods.’"

The prophecy of God‘s judgment on Tyre came at the very peak of its pomp and glory. Tyre was the centre of trade and a city given to pride of importance, idolatry, sensuality and oppression. The thought of the falling and destruction of Tyre was greeted with unbelief. At the appointed time, Nebuchadnezzar captured the city and brought it to complete ruin. As a mark of the beauty of God‘s faithfulness and love, the prophecy indicated the restoration of Tyre after the 70 years of captivity when her merchandise would be holiness unto Jehovah.

What message is God giving to us today by the destruction of Tyre? There is vanity and uncertainty to all earthly glories. What is your own glory based on today? Latest cars? Fat bank accounts? Power and influence? Ease and pleasure? These will soon fade into contempt.

God‘s judgment will pursue sinners, and seemingly impregnable stronghold of pomp and pageantry will be brought into contempt. A great lesson is however the restoration of Tyre. The Word of God says, “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:8,9). The repentance of Tyre after 70 years of exile brought her into the courts of God and into relationship with Him. How instructive this is for all to eschew every component of pride and take on the humble mind of the Lord.

Thought for the day: "Lucifer, sin, pride, all have a big I at the centre"

For Details . . .
Re: Pride Goes Before A Fall by plappville(f): 6:34pm On Dec 05, 2011
The details link i followed teleported me to my favourite web, hahaha.
A very humble servant of God.

Thanks for sharing, God bless u.
Re: Pride Goes Before A Fall by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47pm On Dec 05, 2011
plappville:

The details link i followed teleported me to my favourite web, hahaha.
A very humble servant of God.

Thanks for sharing, God bless u.

Amen. Avail yourself of the many blessings on that site and be a blessing to others.
Re: Pride Goes Before A Fall by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:59pm On Dec 05, 2011

(1) (Reply)

2013 Prophecies And Solutions From Celica Church Of Christ Worldwide / Who Is The Strongest prophet In The Bible. / A Priest Claims Demon Is Sending Him Hate Texts After Girl's Exorcism Went Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.