Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency (9275 Views)

Tinubu May End Up Being Stranded In Buhari's Presidency!! / People That May Shape Buhari’s Presidency-Daily Trust / Buhari's Presidency: Tribalism Wins Competence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by BIGERBOY1: 2:12pm On Dec 05, 2011
I am asking this question not because I am not aware of the ethnic ranting related to this topic on this forum. But after carefully analysing it this is what I have concluded

The northern generals are against him

The traditional rulers of the north don't want him to rule

The elite politicians are scared of him too

The corrupt and rich also dread him.

And yet all his past positions are prove of his leadership abilities, ( I was at gwagalada teaching hospital to visit a bomb blast victim, and I still see PTF busses and pillows still in the hospital testament to bukari's ability to deliver). Even when we disagree on Bihari it is on some unfounded sentiments but not on on his record of incorruptibility, honesty and humility.

And thus I ask fellow NL to objectively tell me why do they fear him?

Shouldn't this tell us that the bad elements among us what to keep the status quo of corrupt leaders changing turns north, east and south?
Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by DrummaBoy(m): 2:19pm On Dec 05, 2011
Who is afraid of Buhari?
Many
Why?
Corruption

Truth is a people deserve the leaders they get.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by BIGERBOY1: 2:50pm On Dec 05, 2011
Too bad if that be the case
Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by egift(m): 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2011
Its not everybody that is afraid - its only those that have put their hands in our cookie jar and have refused to bring it out.

According to Babangida Aliu (PDP), Gov. of Niger State - electing Buhari will spell doom for PDP as we know it.

Also I believe that if Buhari was elected, without him even saying a word, half of out top politicians would have taking some emergency "medical" vacation. From there they will be weighing what the man is up to. But announcing GEJ, everyone started popping Champlain & organizing celebration. grin
Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by DrummaBoy(m): 3:09pm On Dec 05, 2011
One just wonders sometimes if Nigerians really need help
When we've had enough we would say so
For now enjoy FRESH AIR!
Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by anafest: 3:37pm On Dec 05, 2011
we are not scared of buhari, we not just clear on wat he wants, or rather wat his intentions are,
wat is he looking for ?he had his chance, wat did he do, plsss,
Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by kunlekunle: 3:40pm On Dec 05, 2011
his tenure in 84/85 is still echoing in some people's ear
Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 05, 2011
Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by T8ksy(m): 4:08pm On Dec 05, 2011
Don't really care who's afraid of Buhari's presidency but we the "Sufferin' & smiling" masses of this country do not

want him. He forced himself on us through the barrels of the gun we purchased for him to protect us from our external foes.

Instead, the mofo turned the gun on us, brutalising and dehumanising us in the process.

Oh well, he had his chance and blew it big time. Now he should just let us be.

The presidency of nigeria is not his birthright!!!
Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by hercules07: 4:17pm On Dec 05, 2011
@T8

What of Obasanjo that you people voted for? What of Jonathan, what has he achieved in his life? Please go and find out from your elders what Buhari did and then come online to apologise.
Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2011
Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by T8ksy(m): 4:27pm On Dec 05, 2011
hercules07:

@T8

What of Obasanjo that you people voted for? What of Jonathan, what has he achieved in his life? Please go and find out from your elders what Buhari did and then come online to apologise.

Who voted for OBJoke? or the retardeen?

I believe its your good self who need to go back and ask his elders why they keep foisting mo.rons and deadbeats on us?

I know what buhari did when he was our HOS and i owe no one any apology for my opinion of the nimcompoop.

greateros:

dont mind the drug addict!

Who's the drug addict?
Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by Afam4eva(m): 4:34pm On Dec 05, 2011
Buhari is a maverick. His election will spell doom for those parading themselves as leaders. At least half of 1/6 of them will be cooling off in panti. Some others will be held captive in prisons all over the six geo-political zones in the spirit of rotation.
Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by egift(m): 5:05pm On Dec 05, 2011
He would have within few months cut-off all their looting life-lines grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by egift(m): 5:08pm On Dec 05, 2011
Jonathan is a good man.

His only problem is that he is allowing so many people (including Beaf) put ingredients into his pot of soup that the he is almost poisoning Nigerians with his anti-people policies.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by egift(m): 5:12pm On Dec 05, 2011
Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by BIGERBOY1: 7:19pm On Dec 05, 2011
The reason I want him for even at least 4 years is that the this country is on dangerous trajectory as regards to corruption, and not even a good person ( we've seen yaradua) or a humble person ( we r seeing GEJ) is enough to get out of this mess.

That's why I believe we need a strong Personality to give us clear break for the past, only after that can so called 'good' people like GEJ can have a chance of performance, but not in a system dominated by political vultures and hyenas
Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by freecocoa(f): 7:30pm On Dec 05, 2011
I'm not afraid of him but I don't want to turn a muslim yet.
Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by BIGERBOY1: 7:46pm On Dec 05, 2011
The reason I want him for even at least 4 years is that the this country is on dangerous trajectory as regards to corruption, and not even a good person ( we've seen yaradua) or a humble person ( we r seeing GEJ) is enough to get out of this mess.

That's why I believe we need a strong Personality to give us clear break for the past, only after that can so called 'good' people like GEJ can have a chance of performance, but not in a system dominated by political vultures and hyenas
Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by BIGERBOY1: 7:49pm On Dec 05, 2011
freecocoa:

I'm not afraid of him but I don't want to turn a muslim yet.

This are the kind of the sentiments I want us to avoid on this thread please, let's be objective, and judge or condemn the man based on his antecedents

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by Okijajuju1(m): 10:38am On Dec 06, 2011
Boko HAram and Al-Shabab!!
Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by tunnytox(m): 10:46am On Dec 06, 2011
Without someone of Buhari's radical nature to stamp out corruption without caring for whose ox is gored, to instill discipline and patriotism in Nigerians and to change their orientation of money at all cost I believe Nigeria is doomed.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by omo9ja1(m): 10:52am On Dec 06, 2011
because they know that the man buhari knew how to tackle the problem of Nigeria, but all this pady pady phi-de-phi will not allow genuine leader to rule Nigeria, Buhari wept for Nigeria publicly, how many leader have wept for Nigeria?

even we as a citizen have you ever wept for Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by kunlekunle: 10:56am On Dec 06, 2011
He forced himself on us through the barrels of the gun we purchased for him to protect us from our external foes.

Instead, the mofo turned the gun on us, brutalising and dehumanising us in the process.

Oh well, he had his chance and blew it big time. Now he should just let us be.

The presidency of nigeria is not his birthright!!!

your problem is you are not disciplined enough to follow simple rules, that is why you believe his govt was harsh

1 Like

Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by chuks49(m): 11:02am On Dec 06, 2011
Buhari na bad news, e should apologise for the post election violence in the north. Religious Bigot.
Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by Johnpaul2k2(m): 11:05am On Dec 06, 2011
my Problem with him is just ethnicity cool
Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by zinosleek(m): 11:11am On Dec 06, 2011
Its time Nigeria start looking beyond religion and ethnicity, let's get rid of people deceiving party.
Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by LEXYLOV: 11:13am On Dec 06, 2011
The truth is that, Not just only the politician, but any corrupt or lazy body who can remember the event of buhari/idiagbon administration of 84/85 will definitely scare of the man coming back to the top seat. simply because the man will totally sanitized, Jailing and recover all the barrels of looting that make them to be top shot. I guess God is not yet ready to deliver 9ja, When that time come we will have someone who will demonstrate what happen in Buhari/Idigbon administration in a real time again. Babangida is the tool of punishment the devil used to teach us a bitter lesson. I wish buhari/idiagbon succeeded in using that wasted 15 or 16 years babangida/abacha used in the office, I tell you the truth Nigeria of today would have surely be one of the greatest. Don't be offended, you can only know if you are matured enough at that time. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 06, 2011
Nor be this man put FELA for JAIL? Devil bend him neck.
Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by honeric01(m): 11:28am On Dec 06, 2011
By 2012 when derica of rice'll be selling for 300 naira after the oil subsidy is remove, maybe those who voted for Jonathan and not PDP can also buy the rice and not the price.
Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by Funkymallam(m): 11:29am On Dec 06, 2011
Buhari sure will make the best president for Nigeria @ a tym like this, but the corrupt elite dnt want him and so will do everything to discredit him. He did not also do himself much favour with some silly comments he had made long time ago, these comment are what these elites always sell to d masses, xpecially d southern masses to discredit him. Until these notions are cleared, am afraid for him.
Re: Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 06, 2011
once bitten, twice shy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Jonathan’s Faulty Self-Assessment / Exposed! See Photo Of Ooni Of Ife's New Bride And Her Dubai Billionaire Ex Lover / The Hatred Is Obvious - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.