Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Why The Qur'an Must Be From God - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why The Qur'an Must Be From God (929 Views)

The Qur'an Can Only Be Understood In Arabic" / Proof The Qur'an's Never Been Changed / The Qur'an - Allah's Word Or Muhammad's? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Qur'an Must Be From God by tbaba1234: 8:03am On Dec 06, 2011
Enjoy!
The Quran MUST be from God by my brother Bonsai sky

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsX1zQD1U8o&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/flash]
Re: Why The Qur'an Must Be From God by tbaba1234: 6:58am On May 02, 2012
smiley
Re: Why The Qur'an Must Be From God by emofine2(f): 11:53am On May 05, 2012
I probably should be asking all this on the Muslim Q&A thread so excuse me. Tbaba is the Qur'an 3rd time lucky?

I ask because according to the testimonies of muslims the Quaran is a miracle; the Quaran is a miracle because it is said to be "uncorrupt" and therefore entirely authentic.

Now I could not help thinking that if not for the preceding books, would the Quaran have even existed? What I mean is, if the "holy" books that precede the Quaran according to Muslims was not "corrupted" via "mistranslations" and other sorts of tampering would the Quaran have existed as the answer to the perfect article?

I also wondered, if the other books were indeed "corrupted" how interesting that Allah never adopted a different context to convey and reveal the truth of "himself" - or was the Qu'ran only meant to be a correction to the alleged "corrupt" Abrahamic literary articles? If so, what of all other contextual forms that may have fallen victim to corruption also or is the Quaran an amendment to all distorted articles of varying forms?

I wondered about this because I thought was it not risky in employing a medium that had not apparently been successful before due to "mistranslations" etc...because if an employed system has failed the first time and perhaps a second time some consider changing the system. Well I suppose some Muslims may claim that the Quaran is a different system because it still till date maintains the original translation but could not a new medium (as opposed to a book) have been adopted?
Not only because the other two books according to Muslims have lost it's authenticity but because if a book already governs other belief systems why would Islam indeed follow that format (or was a book the required standard?) which may render Islam inseparable from the other like faiths i.e. Islam and Christianity are often studied as a pair due to similarities such as the adopted medium.

Are the Abrahamic faiths meant to complement each other?

Tbaba, how important do you think text plays in faith? I've often wondered about this because at least with Islam and Christianity for example, they can cite quotes to compare and contrast each other's faith.

P.S. I loved the melody in the background of the video embedded.
Re: Why The Qur'an Must Be From God by tbaba1234: 11:39pm On May 05, 2012
emöfine2: I probably should be asking all this on the Muslim Q&A thread so excuse me. Tbaba is the Qur'an 3rd time lucky?

I ask because according to the testimonies of muslims the Quaran is a miracle; the Quaran is a miracle because it is said to be "uncorrupt" and therefore entirely authentic.

Now I could not help thinking that if not for the preceding books, would the Quaran have even existed? What I mean is, if the "holy" books that precede the Quaran according to Muslims was not "corrupted" via "mistranslations" and other sorts of tampering would the Quaran have existed as the answer to the perfect article?

I also wondered, if the other books were indeed "corrupted" how interesting that Allah never adopted a different context to convey and reveal the truth of "himself" - or was the Qu'ran only meant to be a correction to the alleged "corrupt" Abrahamic literary articles? If so, what of all other contextual forms that may have fallen victim to corruption also or is the Quaran an amendment to all distorted articles of varying forms?

I wondered about this because I thought was it not risky in employing a medium that had not apparently been successful before due to "mistranslations" etc...because if an employed system has failed the first time and perhaps a second time some consider changing the system. Well I suppose some Muslims may claim that the Quaran is a different system because it still till date maintains the original translation but could not a new medium (as opposed to a book) have been adopted?
Not only because the other two books according to Muslims have lost it's authenticity but because if a book already governs other belief systems why would Islam indeed follow that format (or was a book the required standard?) which may render Islam inseparable from the other like faiths i.e. Islam and Christianity are often studied as a pair due to similarities such as the adopted medium.

Are the Abrahamic faiths meant to complement each other?

Tbaba, how important do you think text plays in faith? I've often wondered about this because at least with Islam and Christianity for example, they can cite quotes to compare and contrast each other's faith.

P.S. I loved the melody in the background of the video embedded.

Lol third time lucky

Well that is not the position of the muslims

The Quran is the final message to the whole of humanity, the other messages were for segments of humanity. The other messages came to people from across the world... So truth is not exclusive to those who know or believe in Abraham.... However the purity of the message have been lost..

Jesus spoke Aramaic not greek; there is not a single manuscript in Aramaic

The language moses spoke in is unknown; many do not think it was hebrew. Most manuscripts are in hebrew. In the destruction of the solomon temple, the scrolls were lost....

Can you imagine the amount of interpolation that could exist in the books? There are no original manuscripts to talk of.... So no verification can even be done..

Not only has the Quran been preserved, its language itself has been preserved.... No matter how many translation you get, you still have an original piece...

The loss of the messages of the previous books is not only translations, it is the loss of the language of transmission and deliberate manipulation by people. However some truth does remain...

The Quran confirms what is true in previous revelations... It does not need them. It has been memorised entirely by millions of people in the original language of revelation, many of whom do not even know the arabic language.

If all of the books of the Quran are thrown away... Within a few hours, you will have another print because it has been memorised by so many people.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What You Did Not Know About Islam! / Kano Religious Police Arrests And Interrogate Non-fasting Adult Muslims / Ridiculous Authentic Sunni Hadith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.