Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,666 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

*~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! (6189 Views)

Poll: Who takes the crown for 2011?

Myne whitman: 15% (15 votes)
Orikinla: 56% (56 votes)
Maclatunji: 28% (28 votes)
This poll has ended

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

*~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 06, 2011
Year-end is here again and as has become traditional on Nairaland, we are opening nomination for this year edition. 2009 edition was won by BLUESPICE and 2010 by SLAP1, who will take the crown in 2011?

Rules:
1, Only 1 nomination per user
2, Any nominee that has been banned or warned twice this year will be disqualified
3, Moderator cannot be nominated in his/her section but may be nominated in other sections
4, Nominee must be active in the section
5, Nominee must be forum rule-abiding and not a trouble-maker.
6, Top 3 nominees will be up for poll for another 2 weeks, where the winner will be announced at the expiration of the voting
7, Where there is tie, the modS reserve the right to either choose one or extend the nomination/voting by 24 hours

NOMINATION ends on December 15, 2011
VOTING starts December 16, 2011 and ends December 30 where the winner will be announced
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by Orikinla(m): 1:38pm On Dec 09, 2011
Only one person is worthy of this and she is Myne Whitman.

Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by maclatunji: 3:15pm On Dec 09, 2011
@Orikinla, there is something wrong with the way you just slapped the lady's photo on this thread. Na wah O!
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by mukina2: 12:44pm On Dec 10, 2011
maclatunji
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by MyneWhite1(f): 3:27am On Dec 12, 2011
Wow, thank you Orikinla. grin

I nominate Orikinla.
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by muyete(m): 8:15am On Dec 13, 2011
Where are the nominations house?
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by maclatunji: 2:14pm On Dec 13, 2011
mukina2:

maclatunji

Awww, you actually nominated me, I am just seeing this. Thank you.
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by Orikinla(m): 7:42pm On Dec 13, 2011
Myne White:

Wow, thank you Orikinla. grin

I nominate Orikinla.

Please, excuse me.

I have not been really active on this board for sometime and many of us have not been very passionate about. But I have noticed that you have been more faithful to the Literature/Writing Section.
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by maclatunji: 8:56am On Dec 14, 2011
^^^ True
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by collinsfbi(m): 1:00pm On Dec 14, 2011
Myne Whitman
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 15, 2011
Nomination has ended, final standing:

1, Myne White - 2
2, Orikinla - 1
3, Maclatunji - 1

The 3 make it to the poll. Start voting.

Voting ends Dec 30
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by maclatunji: 12:52pm On Dec 15, 2011
lol
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by slap1(m): 3:35pm On Dec 16, 2011
^^
Are you nominating lol?
@post, Myne White.
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by maclatunji: 3:37pm On Dec 16, 2011
slap1:

^^
Are you nominating lol?
@post, Myne White.

Nominations are over my brother.
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by Ajibel(m): 9:36pm On Dec 18, 2011
Honestly i feel this section is dull maybe cuz not many have passion for literature here. Just 4 votes! smh# 12tyms. . . .something ought to be done
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by Orikinla(m): 12:26pm On Dec 19, 2011
Ajibel:

Honestly i feel this section is dull maybe cuz not many have passion for literature here. Just 4 votes! smh# 12tyms. . . .something ought to be done

You are 100% correct.

The fact that it is so is a reflection of the low intellectual IQ of 99% of members of Nairaland.
Only 1% have the passion for the appreciation of our literary culture. The rest are intellectual morons. That is why I often post on the popular romance board to use all sorts of literary devices to improve their intellectual knowledge.
I use brain teasers, flash cards, puns, satire and other methods and they are working so far.
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by PeeBee: 5:25pm On Dec 19, 2011
^^^^^Hmmm
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by vescucci(m): 8:25pm On Dec 20, 2011
Sigh. Such lofty plans I had for this place. Not too late though. Nominations are ended but for the record, I vote Myne Whitman too. The bandwagon is not nearly full sadly.
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by maclatunji: 10:08am On Dec 21, 2011
Orikinla:

You are 100% correct.

The fact that it is so is a reflection of the low intellectual IQ of 99% of members of Nairaland.
Only 1% have the passion for the appreciation of our literary culture. The rest are intellectual morons. That is why I often post on the popular romance board to use all sorts of literary devices to improve their intellectual knowledge.
I use brain teasers, flash cards, puns, satire and other methods and they are working so far.

Wouldn't you be a lot more effective if you created a literary/education thread? Those your strategies in the romance section are probably lost because many people there are simply interested in 'Nyashing' or at least talking about it.

I seriously doubt that you can improve anybody's appreciation of Literature by posting in the romance section. #Justathought
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by maclatunji: 10:14am On Dec 21, 2011
Let's be honest, Nigeria is a very hostile place to be as a writer- if you insist on relying on your writing alone as your source of income, you may end-up dying of hunger. Even Myne Whitman, our star poster in this section is based abroad.

If she were living in Nigeria, she would probably be working in the banking, telecommunications or oil and gas sector and her 'love' for Literature would have probably vapourized as a result.
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by collinsfbi(m): 11:23am On Dec 21, 2011
Let's be honest, Nigeria is a very hostile place to be as a writer- if you insist on relying on your writing alone as your source of income, you may end-up dying of hunger. Even Myne Whitman, our star poster in this section is based abroad.

If she were living in Nigeria, she would probably be working in the banking, telecommunications or oil and gas sector and her 'love' for Literature would have probably vapourized as a result.

Hmmmm, i think you are right, it was just as if you are referring to me. I am a graduate in this field but in order to earn a living i decided to abandon my uncompleted works such as plays, novels, collection of poems, short stories, works on different magazines etc and take up a job in a shipping company, now i hardly have time for myself not to talk of writing, but i hope to be back fully soonest. I started the mag below in 2008 but due to many probs, we couldn't continue the production and that was how we stopped.

Gbammm over and out

Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by maclatunji: 1:57pm On Dec 21, 2011
That is the way it is my brother. Art flourishes when/where there is prosperity and we all know where we are when it comes to the state of Nigeria's economy.
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by OAM4J: 5:51am On Dec 26, 2011
I dont know Myne White, I have read some of orikinla posts/threads undecided

But maclatunji I know very well.

Therefore I and my house shall be voting for maclatunji cool
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by Orikinla(m): 4:20pm On Dec 26, 2011
Blogging has helped talented writers to earn some cash.
About three Nigerian writers with popular blogs make up to N3 million yearly from paid adverts, advertorials, etc.

I write advertorial articles from N10, 000 to N50, 000 per article

A serious writer can make as much as N5 million in Nigeria writing and selling motivational books.

You can write a good motivational book, print and supply on demand, by employing two sales girls to sell the copies at motor parks, to workers in their workplaces and to traders in their stalls.

You can sell up to 50 copies daily in Lagos.

Each sales girl will be given a target audience like the following:

1. Office workers in banks and insurance companies.
2. Traders at shopping centres and
3. Participants at workshops and seminars.

My book on love and kisses sold well at a P-Square Live Concert.

A well written book on wedding and marriage will sell well to singles and married occasions and to the above listed audiences.

For example,, a love story with a thrilling romance and catchy title like When I Fall in Love Again will find many willing readers among youths and older people in Nigeria.

The best selling authors in Nigeria today are the motivational speakers who use motivational seminars to sell their books.
One of them sold over 150, 000 copies of one of his books.

1 Like

Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by maclatunji: 12:15am On Dec 27, 2011
^Okay sir! Make we no lie sha, it takes a long time to get to that level.
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by jackpot(f): 5:39am On Dec 29, 2011
@op
voted!! cool

@all

Offering time! wink

Pls guys, yes you. . .i mean you. .yeah you reading my post now

Pls donate your one vote for me

VOTE JACKPOT as Joke Section Poster 2011 cool

Link is below

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-826805.0.html

Thanks in 'advancement' wink
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by aslan333: 6:21pm On Dec 29, 2011
congrats myne whitman
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by Odunnu: 12:23pm On Dec 30, 2011
I'm getting impatient jor. Abeg declare winner
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by cork2028: 12:48pm On Dec 30, 2011
Hang in there Orikinla. You have our VOTES, at least 50 of them. We have chosen winners in almost every section. Have no fear, for ye shall win.

Do not mess with the Corks.
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by mukina2: 2:26pm On Dec 30, 2011
This Election is hereby declared inconclusive due to last minutes multiple creations of new ids for the purpose of manipulating this section and few other sections election results.

The result for this section as at of 7am this morning before the manipulation started was :

Myne whitman 14
Orikinla 6 
Maclatunji 24

Regards
Mukina2
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by mukina2: 10:17pm On Dec 30, 2011
If the result as at of 7am 30th December 2011 as posted before the irregularities were observed is acceptable to all the contestants, we take it as the final official results else, this year election will be declared inconclusive until another election next year.

Thanks.

Mukina2
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by Orikinla(m): 7:58pm On Jan 01, 2012
mukina2:

If the result as at of 7am 30th December 2011 as posted before the irregularities were observed is acceptable to all the contestants, we take it as the final official results else, this year election will be declared inconclusive until another election next year.

Thanks.

Mukina2

What or who was responsible for the manipulations?

Why would anyone do so?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imayen - Story Of A Girl Losing Her Virginity And Degradation Of The Girl-child / The Story Of Victor Banjo / Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.