Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

*~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! (6192 Views)

Poll: Who takes the crown for 2011?

Myne whitman: 15% (15 votes)
Orikinla: 56% (56 votes)
Maclatunji: 28% (28 votes)
This poll has ended

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by mukina2: 1:01am On Jan 03, 2012
Since Myne whitman and Orikinla have no objection to the result as at of 7.00am 30th December 2011. I hereby declare Maclatunji as the official winner with this score:

Myne whitman 14
Orikinla 6
Maclatunji 24

Congrats Maclatunji
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by mukina2: 1:05am On Jan 03, 2012
Orikinla:

What or who was responsible for the manipulations?

Why would anyone do so?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-835705.0.html#msg9867052
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by maclatunji: 11:19am On Jan 03, 2012
I am so tempted not to type but that would be rude. Here is my formal response to this award:

I am really surprised I won and even voted for myself because I thought I would lose by a very wide margin. I have been in the business of trying to get people to do things online for over 2 years now and know how difficult it is to make a single individual click on a link, read an article, comment on a post and so on. Hence, I am extremely humbled that 23 people apart from me, took about 2 minutes of their time to vote for me even when the overwhelming majority do not know me out of this forum. I am saying a heartfelt Thank you and Godbless to each of you. You have no idea of how you have affected my life positively with your vote.

Myne White and Orikinla, what can I say? You guys are inspirations and have achieved things in Literature that I can only dream-of. Hence, I feel a little bit undeserving of this award for that reason. However, I must say that over the last 3-4 years, I have embraced writing and perhaps this is just a way of God telling me that I am not doing badly and can do better in this field.

As for everybody else, I say thank you for visiting the Literature section and sharing your thougths, ideas and works of literature.

A special mention for Mukina2, you probably believe in me more than I believe in myself- I can't reward you for that, only God can and will. I just want you to know I appreciate you very much.

Once again, thank you very much!
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by MyneWhite1(f): 9:59pm On Jan 09, 2012
Congrats Maclatunji, you deserve it. smiley

All the best in your efforts.
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by maclatunji: 11:39pm On Jan 09, 2012
Thank you madam, you are far too kind.
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by tpia5: 12:56am On Jan 23, 2012
Cant remember ever seeing maclatunji in this section, but congrats.
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by tpia5: 12:57am On Jan 23, 2012
Btw who is this cork person with his/her annoying persona?
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by tspbook: 10:35am On Jan 24, 2012
Congrats maclatunji. Well done.

to all

In your sparetime kindly check out the thread below. its a book by a new author on the scene, abimbola dare titled the small print. i just posted excerpts from chapter one. e-book is available now, paperback to come. thanks smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-853067.0.html
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by adebayo201: 12:08am On Feb 10, 2012
maclatunji:

Thank you madam, you are far too kind.
grin cheesy kiss
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by kepnke: 9:33pm On Feb 14, 2012
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by adebayo201: 9:54am On Feb 18, 2012
Myne White:

Congrats Maclatunji, you deserve it. smiley

All the best in your efforts.
ilove that! grin grin grin grin
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 31, 2012
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by Emmandus(m): 1:55pm On Apr 30, 2012
@ House,
This is a very nice thread,I think the vote speaks and the voters have been fair enough too.However,apart from this votes I think the nominees/contestants are very great writers.Myne has got a very blog and writes on many other platforms,She's also the author of many Bestselling Nigerian romance stories.Also, maclatunji has got 2 wonderful blogs,Orikinla also know what he's talking about the guys are just the best of their kind and an inspiration to us all! Kudos!
Re: *~ Maclatunji Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year*~ Congratulations! by Orikinla(m): 7:30pm On May 31, 2012
Nairaland can get sponsors to donate prizes for all the categories.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Spoiled Virgin / Novel Readers(nora Robert,dan Brown,daniel Steele,sydney Sheldon) / The Story Of Victor Banjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.