Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,010 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

FG Issues 20 Licences To Independent Power Producers (IPPs) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Issues 20 Licences To Independent Power Producers (IPPs) (7542 Views)

CBN Revokes Licences Of 25 Mortgage Banks / Fg Issues 20 Independent Power Project Licences Featured / Lagos Plans Establishment Of Five New Independent Power Plants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Issues 20 Licences To Independent Power Producers (IPPs) by GboyegaD(m): 7:40am On Dec 08, 2011
Hope their operations will be controlled else they could collude and that would mean hell for Nigerians. The light project for me I think would have been best handled by the FGN.
Re: FG Issues 20 Licences To Independent Power Producers (IPPs) by DisGuy: 1:18pm On Dec 08, 2011
GboyegaD:

Hope their operations will be controlled else they could collude and that would mean hell for Nigerians. The light project for me I think would have been best handled by the FGN.

like theyve been doing for the past 50years?
Re: FG Issues 20 Licences To Independent Power Producers (IPPs) by GboyegaD(m): 7:40pm On Dec 08, 2011
Dis Guy:

like theyve been doing for the past 50years?

Light in itself is a public good because of the positive externality it generates. If private organisation should handle it they may not be able to provide it at a lower cost becuase it is known to have a natural monopoly. Past studies of the lighthouse of England for instance shows that in the 17th and 18th century when the Trinity House gave patent right to private individuals and enterprise, the management inefficiencies were high, they charged higher dues and hampered national development.
What we need is a government that is sincere and truly want to achieve it and surely they will.
Re: FG Issues 20 Licences To Independent Power Producers (IPPs) by love4ual: 11:31pm On Dec 08, 2011
nigerians are amongts the most creative people in the world, my prayer is God save them,

look at brains perishing,

if light comes to nigeria, the music industry and the movie industry would explode,
Re: FG Issues 20 Licences To Independent Power Producers (IPPs) by purplekayc(m): 11:15am On Dec 26, 2011
Myth ! Still dey wait

(1) (2) (Reply)

YouWIN: Ajaokuta Steel And Innoson Cars Can Create More Jobs / What Business Can I Start Up With 200k / Farmers In The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.