Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,786 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award (6823 Views)

Mercy Aigbe Bags Fashion Entrepreneur Of The Year Award / Meet Ofonime Ukpanah -Wetinhappen Magazine Young Female Entrepreneur Of The Year / Van Vicker Wins Man Of The Year Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by Emperoh(m): 11:13am On Dec 07, 2011
The Creative Association of Nigeria has released a list of nominees for its annual awards. The association was established to incorporate the creative industries in Nigeria in line with the recommendations of the British Council, UNESCO and UNCTAD to help accelerate sectorial growth and development.

They instituted the Creative Industry Awards in partnership with the British Council, Nigeria, to reward initiative, talent, creativity and entrepreneurship across the creative industries, recognising the central role they play in the development of a competitive and sustainable creative economy.

This Award has ‘10’ categories and ‘1’ overall winner that will be declared the Creative Entrepreneur of the Year 2011.

The nominees are:

Live Music and dance – Segun Adefila
Visual Arts – Chief (Mrs.) Oyenike Monica Okundaye of Nike Art Galleries
Digitized Content – Seun Osewa of Nairaland
Music – Audi Maikori with Chocolate City
Comedy – Tunde Adewale [Tee A]
Films – Peace Anyiam Osigwe
Fashion – Deola Sagoe
Publishing – Sony Ojeagbase with Complete Sports News paper
Audio visuals – Wale Adenuga

The award ceremony is scheduled to hold on the 7 December, 2011 at the Eko Hotels, Victoria Island, Lagos, during the Gala for the British Council’s Creative Industry Expo.

http://ynaija.com/deola-sagoe-audi-maikori-and-8-more-in-the-running-to-become-creative-entrepreneur-of-the-year
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by Odunnu: 11:37am On Dec 07, 2011
Is there a way we can help Seun win this?
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by Afam4eva(m): 11:38am On Dec 07, 2011
Is voting allowed?
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by odumchi: 12:49pm On Dec 07, 2011
Thread moved to celebrities.
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by DisGuy: 1:04pm On Dec 07, 2011
the nominees or the winners?

no point voting when theres only one nominee abi

Congrats Seun, you better turn up!!! stop being ijebu with transport money to lagos grin
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 07, 2011
cool
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by Afam4eva(m): 1:06pm On Dec 07, 2011
odumchi:

Thread moved to celebrities.

Ibuzi moderator?
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 07, 2011
Who dash am
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by 195(f): 1:13pm On Dec 07, 2011
@miguel:

Who dash am

I taya grin grin
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by BodyKiss(m): 1:13pm On Dec 07, 2011
Well, first I must say congrats to Seun for being nominated. But the truth is, I'm really struggling to find the creative part of him. This site has been this way ever since I know it (2007), and he's not the original developer. So many improvement cries have all gone begging.

If his nomination is based on Nairaland, then I don't think he deserve to win it IMHO.
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:35pm On Dec 07, 2011
without fellow creative nairalanders - it will be just a forum -  boring even - but good show anyway
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 07, 2011
Who be Seun self?
I don't know seun, but i know Osewa grin grin
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by Zainaby: 1:51pm On Dec 07, 2011
Seun Deserves it. When i was out studying Nairaland kept me close to home.

The Guy has tried jor!
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by Suntemi(m): 1:54pm On Dec 07, 2011
BodyKiss:

Well, first I must say congrats to Seun for being nominated. But the truth is, I'm really struggling to find the creative part of him. This site has been this way ever since I know it (2007), and he's not the original developer. So many improvement cries have all gone begging.

If his nomination is based on Nairaland, then I don't think he deserve to win it IMHO.

U dey vex no be small.
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by slimyem: 2:10pm On Dec 07, 2011
chai, this Seun na fine man o. wink
anyways,congrats man!i hope you win this
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by JAZES(m): 2:14pm On Dec 07, 2011
He more than deserve it oo. I wonder how people just can't appreciate someone's effort for once.
Though seun doesn't have to do anything right now other than to just moderate the site because the forum
has taken off already but the truth is driving traffic to any site in the beginning is not all that easy.

I own a website myself so i can tell you that its not an easy job because online biz is just like offline biz where you need to
build credibility with people before they can trust you.

Lets face it, Nairaland grows to this point because the young man puts in a lot of hardwork into it and of course some creativity.
One thing that makes people come back to Nairaland often is because of the way the homepage is structured, that my friend is creativity,
the fact that when i land on Nairaland i can easily breeze through what is going on in Nigeria without really going through the threads one after the
other is what really stands Nairaland out.

I dont think there is any need for any fancy design cos this is a forum. Warrior forum, the biggest Internet marketing forum in the
world is yet to change the design.

I think seun deserve the award, so lets give honor to whom it is due.
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by Ejine(m): 2:16pm On Dec 07, 2011
Maybe the 'creativity' award is as a result of his hyper-righteous filter engine.

L e s b i a n = Lady loving lady
G a y = Man Lover
B u t t = Bottom

"Have a yabba-dabba doo time. A dabba-doo time. We'll have a g a y old time" = "Have a yabba-dabba doo time. A dabba-doo time. We'll have a MAN LOVER old time."

Classic! grin
All the same, congratulations Seun grin
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by scopusng(m): 2:19pm On Dec 07, 2011
Who dash am?
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by Yorisb: 2:19pm On Dec 07, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

without fellow creative nairalanders - it will be just a forum -  boring even - but good show anyway

True - Creative Nlers like myself. . . wink
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by JAZES(m): 2:22pm On Dec 07, 2011
Yorisb:

True - Creative Nlers like myself. . . wink

Even Yorisb, hmmnnnnn cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by oladayo042: 2:35pm On Dec 07, 2011
Nice one.
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by Freiburger(m): 2:41pm On Dec 07, 2011
scopusng:

Who dash am?
Bad belly ppl when una go change?
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by JAZES(m): 2:51pm On Dec 07, 2011
Freiburger:

Bad belly ppl when una go change?

Abeg help me ask them oo
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by Wislet(f): 2:52pm On Dec 07, 2011
congrats swtheart. U deserve it.
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by HyeBits: 2:53pm On Dec 07, 2011
When their belle finally burst.
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by IbroSaunks(m): 3:18pm On Dec 07, 2011
now I have to admit, seun osewa is doing a really good job, and I love nl! I also respect him as a programmer, I'm not just sure he can win considering the calibre of people he is up against. I hope he gets it though, all the best!
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by guseman(m): 3:30pm On Dec 07, 2011
Congrats Seun,

Don't mind all those bad belle people. NL still remains the no 1 largest online forum in Nigeria. Aproko peoples ,
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by badesco(m): 3:33pm On Dec 07, 2011
BodyKiss:

@bodykiss. it will takes this country ages to move forward, because we seems not to value what we have until it is gone. we should be seeing to be giving support to this Seun Guy not lambasting or criticizing him at any given opportunity. This is total case of jealousy and bad belle. And am sure you will probably be a webmaster like him. May God forgive you.
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by Ninapha(f): 3:40pm On Dec 07, 2011
Thumbs up!
Re: Seun Nominated For Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year Award by BodyKiss(m): 4:04pm On Dec 07, 2011
badesco:

@bodykiss. it will takes this country ages to move forward, because we seems not to value what we have until it is gone. we should be seeing to be giving support to this Seun Guy not lambasting or criticizing him at any given opportunity. This is total case of jealousy and bad belle. And am sure you will probably be a webmaster like him. May God forgive you.

You're so right at the bolded. Now you can see why this country is where it is. The mindset that our leaders have had for decades, believing Nigeria is good the way it, and sees no need for improvement. When is criticism a bad thing?

Lack of innovation is one of the reasons MySpace failed to be ahead of facebook.

I'm scratching my head, trying to understand your definition for support. Cos according to you, creating account and posting on this forum is not equal support.

My point. . . There's always room for improvement, starting with the annoying filters on this site.

If you see criticism as bad belle, then bite me!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Who Died For Seven Minutes, Paints What He Saw (pics) / Photo: Rihanna Caught Staring At Nicki Minaj’s Bountiful B00bs / Pretty Mike Storms Toyin Lawani Wedding With His 6 Girlfriends And Their Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.