Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,903 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Should I Confront My Unfaithful Married Sister? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Confront My Unfaithful Married Sister? (2478 Views)

Should A Wife Ever Confront Her Hubby’s Side Chick? / Should I Confront My Wife? / Should A Wife Confront The Husband's Mistress? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Confront My Unfaithful Married Sister? by eccentricenigma(f): 4:45pm On Dec 08, 2011
Sometime early this year i began to suspect my older sister was having an affair,with her husband's friend who stayed with them while on posting to the town they live in. Now im thinking its not just him but as much as two or three others. There is every chance that i might be wrong and she is just being flirty with them-this is usually her husband's stock in trade with other women. Bt she has began to disrespect him,openly for that matter and this is a woman that worshipped him before,that could catch a cold if he sneezed! Could she be doing this to make him feel her hurt as she has tried everything possible to let him know he hurts her. My question is what do i do? Act like its none of my business,drop hints that im aware with subtle warnings or directly confront her?
Re: Should I Confront My Unfaithful Married Sister? by babyme1(f): 5:16pm On Dec 08, 2011
Sounds like someone is interested in taking over her sister's home. Hmmmm,
Re: Should I Confront My Unfaithful Married Sister? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 08, 2011
//
Re: Should I Confront My Unfaithful Married Sister? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 08, 2011
well said Mrs CC!!!!

see hypocrisy of the highest order.
Re: Should I Confront My Unfaithful Married Sister? by eccentricenigma(f): 9:58pm On Dec 08, 2011
Thanks people
Re: Should I Confront My Unfaithful Married Sister? by Ndipe(m): 12:16am On Dec 09, 2011
First, your sister's husband was cheating, now your sister is unfaithful, who else would it be tomorrow or is this a nollywood script?
Re: Should I Confront My Unfaithful Married Sister? by blacklion(m): 12:27am On Dec 09, 2011
Ndipe:

First, your sister's husband was cheating, now your sister is unfaithful, who else would it be tomorrow or is this a nollywood script?

Is an account of cheating hubby and vengeful wife also cheating utterly beyond the realm of believeability?
Re: Should I Confront My Unfaithful Married Sister? by HISchild: 1:55am On Dec 09, 2011
Gently and humbly tell her that - “Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.” - Hebrews 13:4

---
"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." - 1 Cor 6:9-10
Re: Should I Confront My Unfaithful Married Sister? by Ninapha(f): 2:32pm On Dec 09, 2011
mind ur business if u have any!

@HisChild, Does this ur quotation suit every situation I see u quotint it all the time. According to the poster the "bed is already defiled or is it exeptional to women cheaters" cry
Re: Should I Confront My Unfaithful Married Sister? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 09, 2011
eccentric enigma:

Sometime early this year i began to suspect my older sister was having an affair,with her husband's friend who stayed with them while on posting to the town they live in. Now im thinking its not just him but as much as two or three others. There is every chance that i might be wrong and she is just being flirty with them-this is usually her husband's stock in trade with other women. Bt she has began to disrespect him,openly for that matter and this is a woman that worshipped him before,that could catch a cold if he sneezed! Could she be doing this to make him feel her hurt as she has tried everything possible to let him know he hurts her. My question is what do i do? Act like its none of my business,drop hints that im aware with subtle warnings or directly confront her?

Well in my opinion, she's your sister and you owe her more than just turning a blind eye. The least you can do is to talk to her about it and make her realize that she's punishing herself in the long run, not her hubby! Afterall, it's her body and her dignity.

Wonder what marriages are turning into these days sef . . . undecided
Re: Should I Confront My Unfaithful Married Sister? by Ninapha(f): 3:13pm On Dec 09, 2011
Ujujoan:

Well in my opinion, she's your sister and you owe her more than just turning a blind eye. The least you can do is to talk to her about it and make her realize that she's punishing herself in the long run, not her hubby! Afterall, it's her body and her dignity.

Wonder what marriages are turning into these days sef . . . undecided

@ Uju:ITs her elder sister and according to her, its just suspicion. Confronting her sister on issues like this would be pure insult. If she has noticed any change in her sisters attitude especially disrespecting her husband, i think it would be better to more like confide in their mother afterall her husband has not complained to her yet while going to put fire where no one has arranged the firewood. Marital issues are attended with most caution.
Re: Should I Confront My Unfaithful Married Sister? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 09, 2011
Ninapha:

@ Uju:ITs her elder sister and according to her, its just suspicion. Confronting her sister on issues like this would be pure insult. If she has noticed any change in her sisters attitude especially disrespecting her husband, i think it would be better to more like confide in their mother afterall her husband has not complained to her yet while going to put fire where no one has arranged the firewood. Marital issues are attended with most caution.

Maybe 'confronting' is the wrong word to use . . . . Doesn't mean she can't find a way to broach the subject on a respectful manner. Running to her mother with the issue without first talking to the sister about it is just plain childish . . IMO!
Re: Should I Confront My Unfaithful Married Sister? by Ninapha(f): 4:49pm On Dec 09, 2011
Ujujoan:

Maybe 'confronting' is the wrong word to use . . . . Doesn't mean she can't find a way to broach the subject on a respectful manner. Running to her mother with the issue without first talking to the sister about it is just plain childish . . IMO!

well my emphasis was on the issue of disrespect to her husband. If they are from a closely related family, she can tell their mother her observation, who may pay a visit to ascertain her complaints of disrespect and believe me its only an elder sister or a mother that can make impact in this kind of issue. The issue of her suspicion is out of it entirely except she is cock sure! Childish or not she is her younger sister and must be careful of her contributions.
Re: Should I Confront My Unfaithful Married Sister? by HISchild: 1:11am On Dec 13, 2011
@Ninapha, truly, it applies to every adulterous situation, except if a person is truly justified in and by The Lord JESUS CHRIST. It even applies to a lustful looking,

----
"'But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." - Matt 5:28
Re: Should I Confront My Unfaithful Married Sister? by Ninapha(f): 2:41pm On Dec 13, 2011
[
HISchild:

@Ninapha, truly, it applies to every adulterous situation, except if a person is truly justified in and by The Lord JESUS CHRIST. It even applies to a lustful looking,

----
"'But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." - Matt 5:28

I already know the meaning of that portion, but here she is just suspicious and has no evidience against her sister yet. i think in some cases we should adress issues objectively even though i respect ur views here.
Re: Should I Confront My Unfaithful Married Sister? by DaDewdropsNVS: 1:30am On Feb 01, 2013
I don't see the need.
Mary was also unfaithful . . . But immaculately! wink

(1) (Reply)

Money Or Peace Of Mind: Which Would You Choose. / Sunset At Noon (dedicated To All Who Have Ever Lost A Loved One) / 80's And Early 90's Childhood Games And Toys. Great Memories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.