Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,662 members, 7,820,327 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Use army stickers on your vehicle, Go to jail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Use army stickers on your vehicle, Go to jail (3406 Views)

Nigerian Air Force Strikes Boko Haram Terrorist’s Vehicle Workshop / MASSOB Introduces, Passport, Currency, Vehicle & Drivers Licences / Party Stickers On Official Cars. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Use army stickers on your vehicle, Go to jail by ceomike(m): 7:48pm On Dec 08, 2011
Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Wednesday presided over the meeting of the State Security Council with the Commander of the Army Brigade, Ikeja, Brigadier General Nasiru Muazu announcing a ban on the usage of Nigerian Army stickers of any form.

Brigadier Muazu spoke to State House Correspondents after the meeting and said the decision was necessitated by the rising level of insecurity and impersonation in the state.

The meeting which took place at the State House in Marina had in attendance top security personnel of the state which include Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Security, Major Tunde Panox (RTD), Director, State Security Service in Lagos, Mr Achu Ben Olayi, Commanding Officer, NNS Beecroft Naval Base Apapa, Commodore Jonathan Ango, Commander 9 Brigade Ikeja, Brigadier Sanusi Nasiru Muazu and Commander 435 BSG.

Source: http://www./2011/12/08/nigerian-army-bans-use-of-its-stickers-in-lagos/

“Anybody caught will face the law, including our personnel and family members. Nobody is allowed to use any form of Army sticker anywhere anymore. I want to appeal to residents of Lagos who still have it on the cars to remove them”.

He stated further that the arrest of 20 criminals was effected by members of a joint military operation over the weekend in Ikorodu. He also promised to make the operation state wide.

He warned that Lagos would be no hiding place for criminals and that the choice such criminals have is either to relocate or abandon criminality as a way of life, while urging all law abiding residents to go about their normal businesses.

“We are there to provide security cover for everyone. We will provide the necessary security for them especially at this time when festivities of Christmas are just by the corner”, he said.

Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of Operations, Mr Tunde Sobulo said the meeting reviewed the strategies on ground, especially as there are also new developments.

He said the council was particular on the menacing Okada issue and the need to ensure they obey traffic lights and rules in the state.

“All the Commanders are partnering on this matter, even our men from the barracks have been lectured on the issue of riding against one way, riding without crash helmets, carrying more than one passenger and riding Okada on the highway. It is forbidden to ride Okada on those express roads”.

“We are going to fight this to a standstill. Some people are saying that they do not have any other job. Even if you do not have any other job and you have been allowed to go on and use the Okadas for commercial purposes, you must obey the law. That is what we are asking them to do. Stay out of the express roads”.

“You are all aware that 80percent of robbery in this State is being committed by people who use Okadas. We cannot fold our hands. The Governor has said it. Even think of what they are doing to themselves. Go to the hospitals, go to Igbobi and see them. The Governor is even more concerned about their safety”, he stated.

Lagos State Commissioner for Transportation, Mr Kayode Opeifa who also spoke with newsmen after the meeting urged all Okada groups to join the recognized unions.

The commissioner also warned that should there be any attack on any Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) personnel or security personnel, the leadership of the union and associations will be held responsible.

Source: http://www./2011/12/08/nigerian-army-bans-use-of-its-stickers-in-lagos/
Re: Use army stickers on your vehicle, Go to jail by ceomike(m): 9:59pm On Dec 09, 2011
army
Re: Use army stickers on your vehicle, Go to jail by efepro(m): 9:44am On Dec 10, 2011
Apart from impersonatn,it shud be banned bcuz every tom,dick & hry abuse the word 'army'
Re: Use army stickers on your vehicle, Go to jail by eros(m): 11:52am On Dec 10, 2011
The abuse of the Army stickers started so that motorists can easily scare away those thieving policeman mounting illegal check points on the road.

Since police and Army na Tom and Jerry. So person gats show Police say him no dey the same level with them. grin grin grin grin
Re: Use army stickers on your vehicle, Go to jail by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:40pm On Dec 10, 2011
Abeg make we hear word jare! Na today dem don dey talk am. grin
Re: Use army stickers on your vehicle, Go to jail by stormm: 10:24pm On Dec 10, 2011
I'm sure these i.diots can do better than this. I use Armed Forces Flag and sticker b/c Im a member of the Officers' Mess. The day I'm arrested by these dumbs in warever uniform, my PMC will sort their dooomb 4kup!

1 Like

Re: Use army stickers on your vehicle, Go to jail by bestofibkpumpn(f): 10:52am On Sep 08, 2020
stormm:

I'm sure these i.diots can do better than this. I use Armed Forces Flag and sticker b/c Im a member of the Officers' Mess. The day I'm arrested by these dumbs in warever uniform, my PMC will sort their dooomb 4kup!

How can I reach out to you ?
Re: Use army stickers on your vehicle, Go to jail by Bigshow76: 11:09pm On May 18, 2021
Hello, I wish to join the Nigerian Army mess. Please, how do i join .
Re: Use army stickers on your vehicle, Go to jail by FarahAideed: 11:10pm On May 18, 2021
Nobody was jailed
Re: Use army stickers on your vehicle, Go to jail by golor(m): 7:47pm On Sep 10, 2021
stormm:

Pls I am interested..how do I go about it
Re: Use army stickers on your vehicle, Go to jail by adeniranfam(f): 9:00am On Dec 19, 2021
golor:

Pls I am interested..how do I go about it

Chat me up on whtsapp 0902.664.,8364

(1) (Reply)

. / I’ll Flee Nigeria If APC Wins —bode George / Udom Emmanuel Poses With APC's Asuquo Edet Archibong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.