Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? (4348 Views)

What Is The Scariest/Creepiest True Life Story You Have Heard Of Or Witnessed. / I Witnessed A Ghastly Motor Accident / Moderators: Abuse Of Power And Privilege (politics Section). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by BABE3: 11:45pm On Dec 08, 2011
Yes, what part? I'll go first:

-Obama becoming the first black president of the USofA
-Invention of BlackBerry
-TouchScreen Technology
-9/11
-Execution of Saddam Hussein
-Death of Osama Bin Laden
-I was born into this world
-King of PoP Died!
-Death of Princess Diana
-Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding.

Etc.
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by r231(m): 12:51am On Dec 09, 2011
^^^All of the above including

-Gaddafi's Death
- Man Utd knocked out of Champions League by Basel lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
- 7/7 London Attack
-My Daughters Birth grin

will be bck for more grin cheesy
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by 75kobo(m): 1:05pm On Dec 09, 2011
- The Enigma that is GEJ  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
- The Mystery that is BH  angry angry
- The Piece of Crap that is AVB angry angry

undecided
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by NJV: 1:15pm On Dec 09, 2011
I was priviledged to witness GEJ bringing facebook to nigeria
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 09, 2011
Privileged to know that the 1st lady is a member of Boko Haram: Fire's Bomb at will grin
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by Koolking(m): 1:28pm On Dec 09, 2011
The silicon and plastic (Artificial) women,
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by room702(m): 1:29pm On Dec 09, 2011
the main ones for me are:

-Obama becoming the first black president of the USofA
-9/11
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by NET1(m): 1:30pm On Dec 09, 2011
odiaero:

I wonder why want to turn an innocent thread into triba war, why not use your brain?

Seriously, I'm tired of his rants.

.NET
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 09, 2011
@all, all of the above. including: the election of the first minority president in the history of nigeria (GEJ), september 11 attacks, the arab spring, first world cup in africa, the construction of world's tallest building ( burg khalifa), sucide bombing in nigeria, the launch of nigerian built sattelite ( nigeria sat x), 50 indepence anniversary of nigeria, the 6 months before the death of president yar'adua, the annulment of 1993 presidential elections by ibb, the tsunami in southeast asia, fukushima nuclear disaster etc etc,
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by crackhouse(m): 1:42pm On Dec 09, 2011
~Bluetooth:

I witnessed the death of Nigeria number one terrorist.odimegu chukuemeka oju-iku.
i was reading this thread with enthusiasm but on sighting ur comment, i became annoyed. I guess u will not want me to curse u because if i do, it will be too bad for u. I don't know u in person but if i happen to curse u on this site, to be frank, it will surely come to pass.
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by 30secs(m): 1:44pm On Dec 09, 2011
I witnessed two millenia, Now thats a very rare priviledge! Y2k
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by freecocoa(f): 1:47pm On Dec 09, 2011
The fall of gen Sani Abacha.
Well I don't know when keke napep was invented but I witnessed when it came into nigeria.
I witnessed the coming of MTN and the likes.
The invasion of Brazilian hair in nigeria.
The bombing of world trade centre
BRB
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by slimyem: 1:59pm On Dec 09, 2011
-Abacha"s death
-Abiola's death
-transition from sanity(the 80's and eary 90's) to insanity(this age and times)
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by freecocoa(f): 2:00pm On Dec 09, 2011
The criminalization of same sexx marriage in nigeria.
The ban of importation of foreign good in nigeria(although e still dey happen)
Hurricane katrina
Tsunami(where e happen sef?)
The earthquake in haiti
The first time an african nation got to the semi abi na quatre(can't remember) finals in world cup history.
The first time a bishop married a fellow man.
BRB
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 09, 2011
I witnessed when awo drank otapiapia
i witnessed when abiola was given insecticide
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by sheyguy: 2:23pm On Dec 09, 2011
Radicalization of Innocent soul by NL political and Tribal bigots
Atlanta 1996 football gold medal triumph of Nigeria
The peak of Corruption in Nigeria's history (in Jesus name . . . . Amennnnnnnn)
The day a brilliant NL thread was created (Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed?)
Launch and fall of various Satellites belonging to Nigeria.
Boko Haram as a copper (To God Be the Glory)
The Exchange rate of N150+ to USD1 ($1).
Failure of Super Eagles to Qualify for common African Cup of Nation.
Failure or Man Utd to go past UCL group stages after reaching the final in the previous season.
The unpredictable rise of GEJ.
Victimization of Amodu Shuaibu after two world cup Qualification.
Sale of National Parastatals.
2013 anniversary of Oil subsidy (Prophetic).
The beginning of virginity restoration surgery practice.((http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-494118/Women-virginity-fix-NHS-operations-Muslim-driven-trend.html))

and so many more
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by Basildon1(m): 2:29pm On Dec 09, 2011
The 9-11 attack. This will be discussed for years
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by freepeople: 2:31pm On Dec 09, 2011
The part of history I witnessed?

[size=5pt]There is little space in NL to note them down[/size]
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 09, 2011
The Rise and Rise of Brazilian weave grin
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by freecocoa(f): 2:36pm On Dec 09, 2011
The banning of motorcycles in some major cities of nigeria.
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 09, 2011
The coronation of pope Benedict
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by BABE3: 2:39pm On Dec 09, 2011
- Steve Job's death.
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 09, 2011
1960 when Awolowo became the first president of nigeria
1993 when abiola became the third civilian president
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 09, 2011
when a black man turn into white MJ
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by db10dtruth(m): 2:51pm On Dec 09, 2011
75kobo:

- The Enigma that is GEJ  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
- The Mystery that is BH  angry angry
- The Piece of Crap that is AVB angry angry

undecided

You are such a sad guy if you think AVB is crap, one of the brightest young coach in the game, give him 10 years and will achieve more than the greatest of british manager SAF
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 09, 2011

Invention of Blackberry. . .
Smh.
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by omo9ja1(m): 2:57pm On Dec 09, 2011
wayo wayo Govt in Nigeria

Corruption in highest order in Nigeria Govt (FG down to ward Councillors)

am coming back !
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by db10dtruth(m): 3:01pm On Dec 09, 2011
First Black Pres in Barack
Death of Osama
Getting to know THAT guy Call José Mário dos Santos Félix Mourinho
Ousting of Mubarak
Painful death of Gadaffi
Chelsea wining their FIRST league under Jose and 1st double under Carlo
Real Madrid making history as the team that played the group stage of UCL without defeat
Watching Messi, C. Ronaldo, Neymar, Cesc do their stuffs.oh geez Ronaldinho, Zidane, Fat Ronaldo, Deco, Xavi, Ryan Giggs, Scholes, the Drog, , Ballotelli grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Watch Barca dominant both Spanish & European competitions

Just to name a few grin grin
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by lagcity(m): 3:03pm On Dec 09, 2011
I witnessed Anyim Pius Anyim monopolizing and eating all the Cassava bread meant for President Jonathan and the entire cabinet.
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by DrummaBoy(m): 3:03pm On Dec 09, 2011
I (will) witness(ed )the end of PDP hegemony in Nigeria!
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by freecocoa(f): 3:11pm On Dec 09, 2011
lucenzo:

1960 when Awolowo became the first president of nigeria
1993 when abiola became the third civilian president
Lucenzo I'm sure you ain't that old.

Death of pope john paul de II
The arrest of the first youngest aqueada terrorist from nigeria.
Re: What Part Of History Did You Have The "privilege" To Have Witnessed? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 09, 2011
~Bluetooth:

You are very stuupid for picking on me.it says part of history i witnessed and i said something.stop barking like a hungry dog.Na me do you ?
I think is time to hit u hard physically, so u will know that i know u, and not everybody u can talk to like that online

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy New Month To All Nairalanders / Nigeria: Fatherland Or Motherland, Which Is The Right Word? / 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.