Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! (5549 Views)

Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning / Jonathan Declares 3-Days Of National-Mourning For Mandela / Jonathan Declares Three Days National Mourning For Plane Crash Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by steaming(f): 9:45am On Dec 12, 2011
Igbos in Jos? What are they still doing there biko? RIP Ikemba!
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by Okijajuju1(m): 10:24am On Dec 12, 2011
Onlytruth:

Firstly, I would advise you to perfect written Igbo before you should EVER AGAIN dare to be "Eze" of any Igbo group, online or offline. I nu go?

Firstly, I do not see the importance of written igbo to the office and progress of Igbo people. When I finally become Igwe  cool, I will employ your services to translate all igbo correspondences to a more internationally accepted language.  cool Progress comes with alot of sacrifices!

Onlytruth:

Okay, @topic, I don't even think you read my first post on this thread, neither do know my position on the issue here.
If, as evidence has shown, you did not know my position, why did you try to attack me?
Here is my position

I have a first choice, which is that they should return to the East, ELSE (as in a programming conditional statement), they should defend themselves by whatever legal means at their disposal.

Yes, my father (and his brothers) used "double barrel" (shot guns) to repel a mob of Hausas killing and burning their way to their home in Sabo Gari Kano. They did that for sometime, before Ojukwu (when he was still at the 5th batallion in Kano, may God bless him!  cool) sent some soldiers to bring a temporary peace which enabled them to flee to the East. The Ojukwu that you love to hate, saved thousands of Igbos in Sabon Gari Kano in 1966.

I believe that owning a gun would provide a first line of defense before a more permanent solution (government intervention) is brought in to control the situation. Knowing Nigeria very well, that permanent solution may never materialize, so your gun may be your only hope and friend.  cool

BTW you should be telling your fellow die hard one Nigerianists to provide security to Ndigbo who follow your philosophy by living and investing in all parts of Nigeria. You shouldn't be advising them to return to the East! lol.
Don't you practice what you preach?
Which kain jipiti yarn be dat sef   cry

So why have we been going at each other na?!

O! Yes! I remember, its when you said arm yourselves. As if guns would work against the present tactics of Boko Haram.

The Government of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is exploring every DIPLOMATIC option avaliable to them to put an end to this menace with minimal force and minimal loss of lives. Not every problem is solved with violence. Your daddy and uncles could shoot their dane guns because they could see the enemy, Boko Haram is not a mob. The person who owns a gun and the person who owns a catapult are both one and the same against Boko Haram.

Ndi Igbo should move back East and stop crying wolf. Obu na ifele ada'eme ghi, ifele na tu'm. We are like a foster care baby always seeking attention. They are free to live, work and invest in any part of Nigeria, but if the area is not safe, then it is only prudent that you do not live there.

Stop inciting your psychotic followers. Especially High Priest and Nri Priest. Those young men would strap on a bomb vest and walk into a mosque should you promise them 50 Virgin Igbo girls in paradise.

In conclusion, we both agree that the best move right now is to count their losses and move back home. Where we both disagree is on the owning of Guns. I say in as much as certain guns can be legally owned under the law, judging by the tactics of Boko Haram, it would be inneffective and also taking into consideration the paranoia and the fact that a couple of Eastern lose cannons like Nri Priest may also be amongst them, it isnt wise to give such unstable characters arms, until they provide a psyc clearance certificate. You do not want to be responsible for unleashing another Clifford Orji on Nigerians.

Just saying!
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by Ivynwa(f): 5:55pm On Dec 12, 2011
Biko ndi nze Okija na Onlytruth,ekene kwa m unu abua-----onweburu ihe na esere unu okwu? Biko unu emezina ihe a unu na eme ebe a, udiri akomo onu a na eme ufodu n' ime anyi ka anyi gbafere oso na naira land. Matakwanu na uwa nile na agu ihe anyi na ede ebea, unu achoro ka uwa na achi anyi ochi. Ihe onye mere onye ya gbaghara biko.
Thread a bu maka onwu Ojukwu, unu aga abiazi akwamozu Ojukwu bia na akonu. Ozugozia okay. Daalu.
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by fushi: 11:23am On Dec 13, 2011
R.I.P Ojukwu
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by kokofo: 8:31pm On Dec 13, 2011
Rest in Peace Pa Ojukwu.
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by dayokanu(m): 8:52pm On Dec 13, 2011
Ike-eba RIP
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by HighChief4(m): 12:07am On Dec 14, 2011
^^^I really wonder what happened to you
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by kinglato(m): 8:01pm On Mar 02, 2012
ha-ha cry kiss cry kiss cry kiss cry the chief biafara leader is dead we can show our color to this slave in our mild
Re: Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu! by kinglato(m): 8:01pm On Mar 02, 2012
ha-ha cry kiss cry kiss cry kiss cry the chief biafara leader is dead we can show  our color to this slave in our mild

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! / South West Women Declare Support For Olawepo Hashim, As He Vow To Tackle Cancer / 546 Bills Pending At NASS As 8th Assembly Winds Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.