Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales (16402 Views)

Boko Haram Fuel Dump Discovered In Maiduguri (Photos) / Suspected Female Terrorist Arrested In Maiduguri With Bomb In Food Flask / Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 10, 2011
75 Nigerian Returnees From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=QMJJsL88tULPZjEyp9fLnC6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxQSovguoRwXaxQq2kpRWGBWnW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]

The fourth batch of 75 Nigerian returnees from Libya arrived in Maiduguri on Friday after travelling from Tripoli through the desert for one month.

The returnees came in three commercial buses belonging to a Cameroonian company, "Touristique Express", accompanied by officials of International Organisation for Migration based in Chad.

The returnees were later handed over to officials of the National Emergency Management Agency(NEMA) in Borno.

One of the returnees, Mr Solomon Imenwan from Edo, told journalists that he had been living in Libya for the past five years and that he lost all his property in the crisis in that country.

He claimed that "Muammar Ghadafi opposition army brutalised us, violated our girls and women and some of us even lost their lives as a result of the crisis.

"I thank God that I am successfully back to Nigeria. I have vowed never in my life to go back nor to advise anybody to travel to that country again."

Another returnee, Efusa Ijesaroju, said that while in Libya, they were discriminated against and treated as a second class citizen.

"I am a graduate of Computer Science from the University of Benin but they don't recognise my certificate

"I want to call on Nigerians to stop travelling to that country as we have experienced terrible situation in Libya," Ijesaroju said.

Also a widow who did not want to be identified in the team said her little daughter was killed along with her husband while she was away for shopping in the market.

She appealed to government to come to her aid to enable her to bring up her two surviving children .

So far, 465 Nigerian returnees from Libya have been received by NEMA in Maiduguri,

Meanwhile, the Public Relations Officer of the North-East Zone of NEMA, Ibrahim Farinloye, promised that the fourth batch of returnees would be given special treatment considering the stress they had gone through .

Farinloye said they would be transported to Benin while some funds would been provided for them to enable them to return to their various states of origin.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5749271-146/75_nigerian_returnees_from_libya_arrive.csp
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Kobojunkie: 6:29pm On Dec 10, 2011
They arrive with, or to harrowing tales grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:00pm On Dec 10, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ It's not everything you joke about you know . Some people have just returned home after harrowing and traumatic experiences in that God forsaken land, and all you can do is make fun of the situation?

I've always known north-africans and arabs to see blacks as equal to animals, so i'm not surprised they used the recent troubles in Libya to act true to type. What really pisses me off is the lukewarm to zero response of the west/nato to the plight of the Africans in that country.

There needs to be some public enlightenment about the way these people view us (whether those arabs and arab-wanabes in north africa like it or not), so people know just what they're up against if they decide to ignore all warnings and travel there.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Kobojunkie: 7:15pm On Dec 10, 2011
They arrive with, or to harrowing tales grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Nchara: 8:57pm On Dec 10, 2011
Kobojunkie:

They arrive with, or to harrowing tales grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Both. Come from fry pan and jump right into the fire.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by cap28: 10:03pm On Dec 10, 2011
Kobojunkie:

actually its arrive "with harrowing" tales not "to harrowing tales".

english professor, would you still be laughing like a hyena if it was one of your relatives that had been beheaded by the NTC rebels or would you be laughing if you had witnessed the gang r.ape of your daughter by those savages? - foolishness beyond redemption.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Kobojunkie: 10:05pm On Dec 10, 2011
Nchara:

Both. Come from fry pan and jump right into the fire.

Good to see that someone actually understood the intent . . , ROFL grin grin grin grin
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Nobody: 2:52am On Dec 11, 2011
From Libya to Maiduguri! Why? I realy pity Mr. Solomon & co, I hope BH does nt send them n pieces to Edo state.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Nobody: 4:49am On Dec 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

They arrive with, or to harrowing tales      grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You don't talk like a woman. You make mockery of those who were caught in an illicit war and came back alive against all odds.  Maybe, we will have to laugh the day we hear that you were Rhaped. Sitting behind a computer in a country where you are thrown crumbs from the table and passing judgment.  Your day of reckoning is coming.  She.diot like you.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Kobojunkie: 4:58am On Dec 11, 2011
Olodostein:

You don't talk like a woman. You make mockery of those who were caught in an illicit war and came back alive against all odds.  Maybe, we will have to laugh the day we hear that you were Rhaped. Sitting behind a computer in a country where you are thrown crumbs from the table and passing judgment.  Your day of reckoning is coming.  She.diot like you.

Spoken like a true im-becile of Nigerian breed!!!! Yes, I now understand how you were raised, and probably more of those who raised you. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Nchara: 5:16am On Dec 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Good to see that someone actually understood the intent . . , ROFL grin grin grin grin
Duh! With boko haram in the North and kidnapping and motor park thuggery in the south, Nigeria is as good/bad as Libya.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Nobody: 5:20am On Dec 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Spoken like a true im-becile of Nigerian breed!!!! Yes, I now understand how you were raised, and probably more of those who raised you.  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

You don't know shit about me and how I was raised. If you saw me in person, fear wouldn't let you utter a word.  The country you are sooo unfortunate to reside in, is where I come and go for business. You stupid opportunistic dirty looking C.u.n.t have got the right to ridicule Nigerians every chance you get.  Were you born an American?  She.diot who doesn't know her history and suffers from undefinable inferiority complex.

Coward who ran away to a far away land and sit behind a computer to rant, rambling and display utter foolishness. I pity for the children you bring into this world and the man who finally decide to keep you as his alternative.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Kobojunkie: 5:29am On Dec 11, 2011
Olodostein:

You don't know poo about me and how I was raised. If you saw me in person, fear wouldn't let you utter a word.  The country you are sooo unfortunate to reside in, is where I come and go for business. You silly opportunistic dirty looking C.u.n.t have got the right to ridicule Nigerians every chance you get.  Were you born an American?  She.diot who doesn't know her history and suffers from undefinable inferiority complex.

Coward who ran away to a far away land and sit behind a computer to rant, rambling and display utter foolishness. I pity for the children you bring into this world and the man who finally decide to keep you as his alternative.

I don't need to know what you look like to know you are one of those imbe-ciles around. Your very words continue to reveal so much about the mindset you continue to live with and probably that you were raised with.

It is sad that you even think that for people to know you, they wouuld need to meet you  . . . . very very sad!!! I definitely pity children because many of them will have to deal with adult beings with imbe-cilic, and depraved minds like yours, in this world. . . . very sad!!!lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by igbo2011(m): 5:48am On Dec 11, 2011
@kobojunkie
You come to this thread to poke fun at people who are going through HELL i Libya due to NATO. They were killing chocolate Africans merely for their skin and they survived. Now they came back to Nigeria to tell their story and you are making fun. America is on the brink of a world war and hell will break lose in America very soon. America has brought hell around the world and things will fall down pretty soon. The same thing that happened to these Nigerians can happen to you. How would you feel if you escaped a genocide and people were mocking you.

Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Kobojunkie: 5:57am On Dec 11, 2011
igbo2011:

@kobojunkie
You come to this thread to poke fun at people who are going through HELL i Libya due to NATO.  They were killing chocolate Africans merely for their skin and they survived. Now they came back to Nigeria to tell their story and you are making fun. America is on the brink of a world war and hell will break lose in America very soon. America has brought hell around the world and things will fall down pretty soon. The same thing that happened to these Nigerians can happen to you. How would you feel if you escaped a genocide and people were mocking you.

if you do not understand what was asked, it would behoove you to pose questions so you do not end up making a fool of yourself. Posting a picture there of bodies and making claims of Libya being hell, does not in anyway change the reality of the question I asked there.

I have said it so many times, if you feel ENGLISH COMPREHENSION is a bit of a problem, do not feel too big to head back to the classroom for a refresher course. Fortunately, not everyone is daft here . . . at least one person was able to read my post and near immediately grasped the meaning in the question asked. So, yes, I am sure it is not a problem of my grammar here, but more a lack of basic comprehension skills on the part of those who have taken it on themselves to inundate the thread with the silly.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by igbo2011(m): 6:03am On Dec 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Why are you making jokes on the DEATHS OF PEOPLE!! If you said something like that to Japanese people after they survived the Nuke or a Jewish person after they survived the Holocaust it is DISRESPECTFUL! Show respect, everything is not a laughing matter.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by victorazy(m): 9:14am On Dec 11, 2011
I hope they have been tasted for HIV/AIDS
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by KINGwax(m): 9:20am On Dec 11, 2011
y'all really is making that female junkie popular. She aint living in the states, and if she is, doesn't mean she aint into prostitution jst to survive. So, what respect do u really need from a junkie? Aint them all some frustrated and deranged beings?
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Skipfr(m): 9:23am On Dec 11, 2011
y is it dat 80 percent of the returnees must be from Edo state? Tho I liv here but it is jst embarassing.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by justwise(m): 9:28am On Dec 11, 2011
@igbo2011

What is the point for God sake posting that disgusting pictures? What has that got to do with the topic? Were those dead bodies Nigerians killed in Libya? You must be very sick individual.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 11, 2011
@Igbo 2011

This pics is damn disgusting, Could u pls take it off,
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by metodman(m): 9:49am On Dec 11, 2011
@ALL, Kobo was not making mockery of those people, he was simply saying that they have come from one kind problem to another kind of problem.

With the stories we read on nairaland and some other nigerian websites, its obvious Nigeria isn't the best place to reside at this period. Even though we are Nigerians not all of us are not pleased with what is happening back home.

We love the nation but we do not love what is happening there and dat makes it difficult for some people to be identified as a Nigerian.

I pray that may God grant them peace and to be able to achieve what they couldn't achieve in Libya.

Peace
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by ikechukz(m): 9:53am On Dec 11, 2011
lol.why did they go in the first place.they no fit hustle for naija.tomorrow make dem go again.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by benzion72(m): 9:55am On Dec 11, 2011
Why Maiduguri of all places in Nigeria. They should find their way in time to there various state before BH throw another bomb at them
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by ibrobell(m): 10:21am On Dec 11, 2011
There is no place like home
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by llbhuds: 10:51am On Dec 11, 2011
i see nothing wrong in kobojunkie view. she isn't mocking them but only stating the fact that there is no difference btw living in a war country like libya and nigeria with series of bombs in all parts of their country where they definitely wont walk around with free of mind cos of BH, mend, police brutalizing, kidnapping, armed robbery e.t.c.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by Johnpaul2k2(m): 10:51am On Dec 11, 2011
welcome back brothers (though i can't even differentiate them  grin)
Nigeria is more preferable ( take note Kobojunkie angry )
please join us and increase the number of unemployed Graduates and others  cheesy
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by ikeyman00(m): 11:12am On Dec 11, 2011
@@@@@@@@@

i see nothing wrong in kobojunkie view. she isn't mocking them but only stating the fact that there is  no difference btw living in a war country like libya and nigeria with series of bombs in all parts of their country where they definitely wont walk around with free of mind cos of BH, mend, police brutalizing, kidnapping, armed robbery e.t.c

if u dnt see the mocking prosecutor ikeyman do

that kolo-junkie is never up to any good!!

the is what u get when the PC serves as a firewall;then they can hide and talk trash
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by beknown(m): 11:16am On Dec 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Let us be very candid about this and be sensitive of this situation. There is no words to describe the difficult situation in Libya. Many people, including Nigerians, lost their lives.

I know the point of view Kobojunkie is pursuing but it is not sustained in the circumstances. Of course anyone is entitled to their views but make sure your views are measured against the harrowing circumstances of these returnees. To Grin amidst the difficult situation does not show sensitivity.

It is not a laughing matter. Neither is it a joke.

Nigeria is a difficult place but it cannot compare with Libya in atrocities.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by saddabm(m): 11:19am On Dec 11, 2011
Hey guys what all the noise about Maiduguri is not wat U are imagining, now we are in peace for quite few weeks and I think non of you is residing in Maiduguri, and what kobojunkie is trying to say is they came from a trouble and they entered another trouble I think matodman understood what she is trying to say. Guys no hard feelings is just misunderstanding
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by cap28: 11:31am On Dec 11, 2011
igbo 2011 im glad you posted that picture - anyone who survived that terrible situation in libya should be applauded not mocked, as you correctly stated america is on the verge of an economic meltdown and i can tell you that when the sh.it hits the fan people like obojunkie will be prime targets for those red necks or good ole boys as they like to refer to themselves, many white americans are arming themselves for the coming meltdown because they know that america will descend into a state of anarchy when the dollar collapses, i pity the likes of obojunkie and other fools who think they are safe in america.
Re: 75 Nigerians From Libya Arrive In Maiduguri With Harrowing Tales by llbhuds: 11:35am On Dec 11, 2011
saddabm:

Hey guys what all the noise about Maiduguri is not wat U are imagining, now we are in peace for quite few weeks and I think non of you is residing in Maiduguri, and what kobojunkie is trying to say is they came from a trouble and they entered another trouble I think matodman understood what she is trying to say. Guys no hard feelings is just misunderstanding     

you are in peace for few weeks in your own country and you are not shy to voice this out.
i pity you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu To Name And Shame Beneficiaries Of Apapa Rot / 2023: Dokpesi Says He Will Support Tinubu Because They Are Childhood Friends / Why Do Hausas Are The Most Hated Tribe In Nigeria???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.