Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,184 members, 7,953,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:55 PM

Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta (13969 Views)

Explosion Hits Agip Pipeline In Bayelsa / Explosion Hits Baga Road, Maiduguri / Explosion Hits Akure (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by nduchucks: 5:41pm On Dec 10, 2011
Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele

I hope the same people who blame every carnage these days to Boko Haram will not start saying this is the beginnning of responses to Boko Haram activities. More than likely somebody dey brew Ogogoro nearby.

LAGOS  (AFP) – An explosion damaged a mosque early Saturday in a town in Nigeria’s southern oil rich Niger Delta, police and a government source said.

“There was an incident in Sapele,… several persons were injured, but no deaths,” a government official who asked not to be named told AFP.

Delta State police spokesman Charles Muka dismissed the explosion as an “internal fire incident” and said only one person was wounded.

“Only one person sustained injuries,” said Muka. He could not ascertain how many worshippers were inside the mosque at the time of the blast.

“It was not a bomb, we suspect an internal fire. There is no trace of a bomb blast,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/explosion-hits-mosque-in-sapele/

Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by adamabdul: 5:53pm On Dec 10, 2011
I hope next time it is a bomb planted by mend to protest the activities of boko haram.I dont want any southerner to die.It will be great if 10 northerners are killed
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by peckhamboi: 5:53pm On Dec 10, 2011
at last kpogede has carried out his threat, he has to be arrested a.s.a.p
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by umechuma: 6:43pm On Dec 10, 2011
Hope more bombs are planted in all mosque in SE/SS that is the best place to send most Aboki to hell.If they kill by bomb they should also die by bomb.
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by Beaf: 7:12pm On Dec 10, 2011
It is the work of OPC.
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by Chyz2: 7:16pm On Dec 10, 2011
Good initiative. Now every southern region has acted but the SE now. What are you all waiting for?
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 10, 2011
Two can play the game.

Ndu chuks and Alj Harem, you better watch your back when next you're bending up your yansh.
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by kasiem(m): 7:19pm On Dec 10, 2011
We dont need any bomb in the south cos it'll indirectly affect the lives and properties of southerners. They should package it and send to the north so that it'll add to the destruction.
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 10, 2011
Chyz*:

Good initiative. Now every southern region has acted but the SE now. What are you all waiting for?

You know whatever an Igbo man does, he does it in excess.

Let's allow someone else fire the first shot.
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by Chyz2: 7:23pm On Dec 10, 2011
kasiem:

We dont need any bomb in the south cos it'll indirectly affect the lives and properties of southerners. They should package it and send to the north so that it'll add to the destruction.

With all due respect brother, we want these fools out of our land so that we can make room for the return of the southerners from the north. If bombing their house of satan is the way then so be it.
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by aurenflani: 7:25pm On Dec 10, 2011
, and d churches are packed with grannies, papas, women & children. waoh
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 10, 2011
Hmmm., not a gud news!
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by NegroNtns(m): 7:56pm On Dec 10, 2011
It is the work of OPC

angry angry angry
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 10, 2011
let the division begin!
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by OAM4J: 9:32pm On Dec 10, 2011
na wa o!
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by dare2think: 9:35pm On Dec 10, 2011
This country is splitting right under the nose of Mr president.

embarassed

He needs to be more assertive.

He makes you miss OBJ.
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 10, 2011
THIS IS NOT A RELIGIOUS WAR, I AM FROM SAPELE AND I KNOW WHERE THIS MOSQUE IS LOCATED, This is far from Religious hatred, It is more of an infighting, Sapele is a Peaceful town and it will always remain so, Please dnt get carried away with religious hatred, we should be careful of wat we incite, !!!
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by jason123: 9:40pm On Dec 10, 2011
shocked sad
peckhamboi:

at last kpogede has carried out his threat, he has to be arrested a.s.a.p
That guy is well informed!
Beaf:

It is the work of OPC.
Haba! How so?
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by Woke4all(m): 9:43pm On Dec 10, 2011
Internal fire accident? Maybe Itz bangad
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by Johnpaul2k2(m): 9:43pm On Dec 10, 2011
Since it's inside the mosque
no wahala grin grin grin grin
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by 27naira(m): 9:46pm On Dec 10, 2011
adamabdul:

I hope next time it is a bomb planted by mend to protest the activities of boko haram.I dont want any southerner to die.It will be great if 10 northerners are killed

umechuma:

Hope more bombs are planted in all mosque in SE/SS that is the best place to send most Aboki to hell.If they kill by bomb they should also die by bomb.

kasiem:

Chyz*:

With all due respect brother, we want these fools out of our land so that we can make room for the return of the southerners from the north. If bombing their house of satan is the way then so be it.
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by executinal(m): 9:53pm On Dec 10, 2011
Nigeria divide peacefully stop sharing innocent blood
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by 195(f): 9:55pm On Dec 10, 2011
Johnpaul2k2:

Since it's inside the mosque
no wahala grin grin grin grin

grin grin
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by JamesDoe: 9:58pm On Dec 10, 2011
The Almajiri in the North and the Unemployed Thug in the South have both been failed by our military and political rulers.

I thank God no one was killed.
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 10, 2011
I REPEAT!!!!

THIS IS NOT A RELIGIOUS WAR, I AM FROM SAPELE AND I KNOW WHERE THIS MOSQUE IS LOCATED, This is far from Religious hatred, It is more of an infighting, Sapele is a Peaceful town and it will always remain so, Please dnt get carried away with religious hatred, we should be careful of wat we incite, !!!
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 10, 2011
I'm sure this thread has exposed all the extremists within our midst,  sad to see us turn on ourselves,  I guess we may self destruct if we carry on this way,   LOOK AT SOMALIA for instance,  once a beautiful country, it was DESTROYED BY EXTREMISM, I will NOT use my hands to destroy Nigeria, !!!,  lets be careful wat we wish for, !!!
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by JamesDoe: 10:05pm On Dec 10, 2011
^^^^^
So what did happen, what do you mean by "infighting"?
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 10, 2011
great1:

I REPEAT!!!!

THIS IS NOT A RELIGIOUS WAR,  I AM FROM SAPELE AND I KNOW WHERE THIS MOSQUE IS LOCATED,  This is far from Religious hatred,  It is more of an infighting,  Sapele is a Peaceful town and it will always remain so,  Please dnt get carried away with religious hatred,  we should be careful of wat we incite,  !!!
and what's your own?
a bomb went off in your home town and you are already apologising to the north!
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by sheyguy: 10:08pm On Dec 10, 2011
Beaf:

It is the work of OPC.
we all know how MEND av suddenly 'developed/get liver' because their brother GEJ is in power. OPC will hardly do such in sapele. They are not that foolish.
The bombing goes to show how mumu-ish deltans can be. Why delta of all south-south states ?
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by jmaine: 10:09pm On Dec 10, 2011
Kpogede77 should please update the house    . . .he is the only authentic insider we have here . . . Bros Kpogede77 . . .abeg show !!
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by Beaf: 10:10pm On Dec 10, 2011
great1:

I'm sure this thread has exposed all the extremists within our midst,  sad to see us turn on ourselves,  I guess we may self destruct if we carry on this way,   LOOK AT SOMALIA for instance,  once a beautiful country, it was DESTROYED BY EXTREMISM, I will NOT use my hands to destroy Nigeria, !!!,  lets be careful wat we wish for, !!!

Infighting?
Were you there? If you were there, please tell us the nature of the "infighting" and why it led to a bomb going off. Where they planning to bomb a church or another mosque?
Re: Explosion Hits Mosque In Sapele, Niger Delta by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 10, 2011
I've just spoken TO someone just now in sapele, and they claimed that a faction within the mosque are not happy with the way by which the imam changed the mode of worship, dats why they vented their anger in such a saddle manner,   

lets be straight here,,  the mosque in sapele is attended by Hausas, Urhobos, yorubas and other southern muslims,  so now tell me, does it really make sense for someone to commit mass murder because of the situation in the north? HELL NO, 

GO AND ASK ANYONE WHO LIVE IN SAPELE ABOUT THE HAUSAS WHO ATTEND THAT MOSQUE,  THE HAUSAS ARE WELL LOVED IN THE TOWN, !!! Some of them EVEN work for us as Night guards, 

so lets stop all this propaganda and analyze the real facts,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Cut 2016 Budget, Increase Debt Ratio / Officials Rape, Exploit Female IDP's - Human Rights Watch / Buhari's Return To Nigeria: Presidential Jet Leaves Heathrow Airport (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.