Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,091 members, 7,835,673 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

2011 N.M.M.A Awards: A.I.T And Punch Become Tv And Newspaper Of The Year 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011 N.M.M.A Awards: A.I.T And Punch Become Tv And Newspaper Of The Year 2011 (1347 Views)

Kamaldeen Awards Best K.A.I Dressed Officer With N100,000 (photos) / PUNCH Is Newspaper Of The Year Again / Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2011 N.M.M.A Awards: A.I.T And Punch Become Tv And Newspaper Of The Year 2011 by channel801(f): 7:11am On Dec 12, 2011
The Punch, AIT and Tell Magazine are the big winners at the weekend during the 19th edition of Nigeria Media Merit Award (NMMA) Awards.

At this year’s event which was held at the Gani Fawehinmi Arcade in Akure Ondo State, Punch newspaper won the coveted award of the Newspaper of the Year, ahead of The Guardian and THISDAY, which were also nominated in the category.

For African Independent Television (AIT) management, it was double joy as they crown the 15th anniversary of the station with Television Station of the Year award.

At the event which brought together some of Nigeria’s finest journalist and media veterans, the state Governor, Dr Olusegun Mimiko and the Chairman of the NMMA Board of Trustees, Alhaji Alade Odunewu, stressed the need for the media to uphold its role as the watchdog of the society.

A total of 45 awards were handed down at the event with 11 of those coming from the electronic media.

News Magazine of the year award went to Tell, while Radio Station of the year and Business Publication of the Year awards went to Classic FM and Business Day respectively.

Mr. Adeyeye Joseph, Editor of Punch Newspapers went home with Editor of the year and columnist of the year awards, while TV newscaster of the year went to beautiful and delectable Seun Olagunju of Nigerian Televison Authority (NTA).

The complete list of the winners are:

http://www.channel801.com/Events/punch-ait-tell-win-big-at-nmma-awards.html

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Decent Into Holy War - Telegraph / Chronology Of Petrol Price Increases Since 1973 / Uk Based Industrialist, Aloysius Ihezie Donates One Million Books to imo state

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.