Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Ikeja City Mall At Alausa - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ikeja City Mall At Alausa (37389 Views)

Accra Gets First ‘chop Bar’ Mall At Achimota / Heritage Mall At Dugbe Ibadan,oyo State Burn Beyond Recognition / Help! What's Rent Like For a Retail Space at SilverBird, The Palms And City Mall? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by erico2k2(m): 10:35pm On Dec 13, 2011
you guys potraying particular dress code to this new mall are all pathetic
@coogar i got o ne question 4 you if you was born in the state ignore this but if you was born in Nigeria then you got some serious issues.,Im not being rude but using them words to degrade fellow Nigerians is just so so SAD.
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by Reference(m): 11:26pm On Dec 13, 2011
Tayo-D:

@topic,

I was in Naija this year and went by this area when it was under construction.  What struck me most was the fact that the shopping mall is going to add to the traffci congestion in this area.  Did anyone do a traffic flow analysis to ensure this area does not become a parking ramp for cars that should be moving? 

While the development of such infrastructure is laudable, it bothers me that we do not plan to develop surrounding infrastructure to cater for the incidental increase in demand.

And to think that the seat of government is just three hundred yards down the road seems a bit puzzling. Ikeja G.R.A yes, Secretariat  . The other access roads through the House of Assembly and the zig-zag to Oregun on the other side are okay on weekends but during the week those fierce looking MOPOls do give me the creeps. Good one. Shows what private cash can do.
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by Mustay(m): 11:38pm On Dec 13, 2011
pro01:

I tell you, that is my biggest concern, being that I'm quite familiar with that route. The traffic might just be insuperable every day except Sundays

Seriously. Even without the mall, that road get as e be sometimes. Though they have a space for parking but maybe that's the palaver of the SG if they can manage the traffic situation.
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by DisGuy: 11:57pm On Dec 13, 2011
Aerial Photograph anyone?
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by whiteroses(f): 12:14am On Dec 14, 2011
I need to open a store there somebody help! I have always wanted to open a shop in nigeria I have been waiting for the perfect location and timing since 2009 money and resource is waiting for a store please!!
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by Princek12(m): 12:23am On Dec 14, 2011
http://www.ikejacitymall.com/

contact them if they have any availability. You know it will be a hot retail spot, so you probably have to move fast.
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by whiteroses(f): 1:42am On Dec 14, 2011
^ choi! see as you they ginger my body
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by mbulela: 1:58am On Dec 14, 2011
sold out
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by donroso(m): 6:54am On Dec 14, 2011
I passed there 2 days ago, i can tell u guys for sure that dat place is gonna be madtttttttttt, cool
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by donroso(m): 7:17am On Dec 14, 2011
I passed there 2 days ago, i can tell u guys for sure that dat place is gonna be madtttttttttt, cool
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by nelly4(f): 7:41am On Dec 14, 2011
ouchhh, to think my fwend told me d entire place was goona belong to shoprite, ishhhhhh, anyway its all good
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by edoyad(m): 7:51am On Dec 14, 2011
As long as those bathroom slippers wearing Nigerians are willing to spend money in there, they're more important to the economy than YOU
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by dagboss(m): 8:55am On Dec 14, 2011
please, wen will abule egba, agbado and beyond become part of the eko o ni baje runs?!!!

And Ayobo -Ipaja axis too, eko don baje finish for this area o undecided
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by dagboss(m): 9:06am On Dec 14, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt

Look man, people don't have to put on their Sunday best and go to the mall although I think one should look appropriate when going to the mall. During summer, I wear flip-flop because when it's super hot, Some people wear tank tops to the mall, shorts, slippers or flip flops, etc , it sure doesn't make them any less than you are, different things work for different folks.

Dont mind them bro, visit Darwin in Northern Australia you will see many Aborigines wearing bathroom slippers entering and going out of shopping malls, cafes and elsewhere dead drunk as early as 10am even in Australia! I dont think wearing a bathroom slippers to a mall is a big deal in as much as the wearer does not wear the type you will see with a scavenger on duty at the Oregun/Ojota gabbage dump site, and do not forget that bathroom slippers is Xtmas wear for some people
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by Intrepid1(m): 9:37am On Dec 14, 2011
KFC = Overpriced, crappy food. NDLEA and NAFDAC suppose collabo close those jokers down!
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 14, 2011
dagboss:

please, wen will abule egba, agbado and beyond become part of the eko o ni baje runs?!!!

And Ayobo -Ipaja axis too, eko don baje finish for this area o undecided
abi oooo, I sometimes refer to those places as Government Rejected Area*GRA.
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by Afam4eva(m): 10:10am On Dec 14, 2011
So there's now a dress code for going to a mall? Nigerians have being living in caves for so many years so i won't blame the person that made this dumb statement. It's funny that some people even go to shoprite for sight seeing. Shoprite na amusement park? It's a frigging shop or shade for crying out loud.
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by lanreSamson: 10:27am On Dec 14, 2011
"Imagine my utter shock/horror when i visited SHOPLeft (in Surulere) - Dear God!!!       it was filled with Alaba and Idumota traders and some mbgueke-feeling-funky igbo girls. I could not understand why people will insult SHOPRite by wearing bathroom slippers to a super-market like it was on their street. uncouth men literary shouting at the top of their voice on their GSM trying to locate their friends within the Mall."

[color=#990000]My fellow Nigerian, you mean you will rather wear high heels and dinner gown to go shop for groceries? does that make sense.
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by baslone: 10:37am On Dec 14, 2011
Intrepid!:

KFC = Overpriced, crappy food. NDLEA and NAFDAC suppose collabo close those jokers down!

Whaooo  shocked! Thought it was just me!!! KFC is just hype! Nonsense rolled and fried in Flour! Besides being overpriced, the time ain't worth it.

Little wonder you hardly meet a queue in there.
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by Intrepid1(m): 10:44am On Dec 14, 2011
baslone:

Whaooo  shocked! Thought it was just me!!! KFC is just hype! Nonsense rolled and fried in Flour! Besides being overpriced, the time ain't worth it.

Little wonder you hardly meet a queue in there.

Them suppose make you President, my broda! Bought fried rice there and had to use ketchup to eat the rubbish make e for no waste. I ate better food in boarding school, yo. I don talk say I no fit use my money buy anything from that glorified kiosk again!
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by Aparche(f): 11:02am On Dec 14, 2011
grin ^^^ Pls u guys should not crucify largerwhenindoubt, I understand where he's coming from; seeing as shoprite surulere is the closest he's ever come
to anywhere resembling yankee, he expected to see young & funky guys wearing baggy jeans, T-shirts with bling-bling and fancy looking timbaland boots & probably head-warmer. Instead he saw alaba boyz wearing bathroom slippers shouting at the top of their voice what a shock!!! grin grin ;
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:06am On Dec 14, 2011
Aparche:

grin ^^^ Pls u guys should not crucify largerwhenindoubt, I understand where he's coming from; seeing as shoprite surulere is the closest he's ever come
to anywhere resembling yankee, he expected to see young & funky guys wearing baggy jeans, T-shirts with bling-bling and fancy looking timbaland boots & probably head-warmer. Instead he saw alaba boyz wearing bathroom slippers shouting at the top of their voice what a shock!!! grin grin ;

abi, you can imagine my shock - no where to pose with IPAD or sit in the open showing off grin grin grin no mind dem dayokanu gangsters going to shoppign malls looking like brooklyn or compton gangsters grin and Eko-ile the Rascal (na joke ooh)
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by Aparche(f): 11:29am On Dec 14, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

abi, you can imagine my shock - no where to pose with IPAD or sit in the open showing off grin grin grin no mind dem dayokanu gangsters going to shoppign malls looking like brooklyn or compton gangsters grin and Eko-ile the Rascal (na joke ooh)

My broda no mind them jare, some people dey fall my hand for this country, notin do u! If surulere no work try Ikeja wink
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by keyremotes(m): 11:33am On Dec 14, 2011
I grew up in the Bode Thomas/Adeniran Ogunsanya axis of Surulere
between the 70's and 80's.

We did not need to wear our best cloths to go shop at the then Adeniran Ogunsanya
shopping complex where Shoprite is now.

We need to come out of this fake lifestyle and be real.
A lot of harm has been done to the simple and easy going Nigerian
of years gone bye by these people that have lost their identity all in the
name of being "big boys and girls".

It has become a big deal now to shop in these so call elite malls.

As kids then we have the pleasure of experiencing these things then  
in places like Kingsway Stores, Leventis, UTC, Bhojhens (can't get the spelling now), PZ etc.

Nigerians should wake up and say no to this neo colonial mindset.
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by Jencejyde(m): 11:52am On Dec 14, 2011
keyremotes:

I grew up in the Bode Thomas/Adeniran Ogunsanya axis of Surulere
between the 70's and 80's.

We did not need to wear our best cloths to go shop at the then Adeniran Ogunsanya
shopping complex where Shoprite is now.

We need to come out of this fake lifestyle and be real.
A lot of harm has been done to the simple and easy going Nigerian
of years gone bye by these people that have lost their identity all in the
name of being "big boys and girls".

It has become a big deal now to shop in these so call elite malls.

in places like Kingsway Stores, Leventis, UTC, Bhojhens (can't get the spelling now), PZ etc.

Nigerians should wake up and say no to this neo colonial mindset.
Word!
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by 1forall: 12:17pm On Dec 14, 2011
keyremotes:

Yeah you mean Bhojsons
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by romeo(m): 12:54pm On Dec 14, 2011
Ohh Lordy!!! Lagerwheninmall is sooooo bush LMAO
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by justokey(m): 1:42pm On Dec 14, 2011
The Mall was opened today by Gov Fashola. You need to see the number of people here, it's mind-blowing! There is hardly space for people to move. This is gonna be a kill for shop owners.

To correct the some impressions:
1. The Mall is built on 54,000m2 not 28,500m2 as reported by PM News.
2. The project officially took off in May 2010, making it an 18months project duration.
3. The picture posted by PM is only one of three entrances.
4. For sure traffic will be an issue that is why the government has just approved another by-lane along Awolowo way. Idea is that when one gets at Comic/Cement bus stop, he leaves the awolowo way and enters the Mall through Secretariate road. Also the Kafi street has just been made a one way road.
@ Jason123 & Columenlla - which companies do you work for at the Mall, I took work there with one of the contractors.
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by MisterNRC(m): 1:46pm On Dec 14, 2011
dagboss:

lagerwhenindoubt

Look man, people don't have to put on their Sunday best and go to the mall although I think one should look appropriate when going to the mall. During summer, I wear flip-flop because when it's super hot, Some people wear tank tops to the mall, shorts, slippers or flip flops, etc , it sure doesn't make them any less than you are, different things work for different folks.

Dont mind them bro, visit Darwin in Northern Australia you will see many Aborigines wearing bathroom slippers entering and going out of shopping malls, cafes and elsewhere dead drunk as early as 10am even in Australia! I dont think wearing a bathroom slippers to a mall is a big deal in as much as the wearer does not wear the type you will see with a scavenger on duty at the Oregun/Ojota gabbage dump site, and do not forget that bathroom slippers is Xtmas wear for some people

Na so oh bros, come and check them out @ Queen Street Mall in Brisbane, you will see humans of different shapes and sizes wearing all sorts and thongs happily walking around in the expensive sections of the mall and still being told good-day-sir-what-can-we-help-you-with-today, OR better yet what of the families that come to the mall and don't wear slippers at all? do you drive them away? I reckon it as well NO,

Money Talks, Plastic(Credit/Debit Cards) rules,
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by martyns303(m): 2:25pm On Dec 14, 2011
Y do ppl over emphasize on the wearing slippers. I've white dudes who jump outta d car bare footed, and walks around d mall bare foot!
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by TEEGBE: 3:02pm On Dec 14, 2011
At last  wink, they should just ensure that there is 24hrs security sha
Re: Ikeja City Mall At Alausa by Kx: 3:11pm On Dec 14, 2011
Thats better. No need doing 2hrs to go shopping in VI Shoprite

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dilapidated Union Bank In Chibok Town / Traders At Mile 12 Relocate To Lagos/Ibadan Expressway / Error On New ₦100 Website Has Been Corrected (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.